It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Epimetheus
Puppy
Puppy
Epimetheus

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? Empty
PostSubject: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 pm

You folks certainly had good suggestions how to choose a breeder or rescue! In about a week we located and adopted this fireball from a rescue. They called her "Sesi", which is "snow" in some language.

We usually wait a few weeks and see what name fits the personality. She is a little red and very full of herself. The adult dogs tell her off when she is rude, but she is fearless. At night she tries out each dog as a pillow.

We were thinking of Nuri (flame, fire). Any other vibrant names for a red?

Avalanche, Sesi, and Zeeva (not shown: Kestrel, Storm, and Collar)
You're playing with the big boys now!

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? 2013_014

Sesi hangin' around the home office

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? 2013_010

Josh has a special touch with animals. He is so gentle with them, and they respond.

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? 2013_011

I just know there is more matzah in here! Somewhere.

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? 2013_012
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 pm

She is adorable!! Gotta love those little spit fire pups! I don't have a name suggestion..just wanted to comment on how ADORABLE she is!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 pm

what about Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Puppy
Puppy
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Interesting!

Avalanche is our alpha girl and leads our little pack by example and the occasional hairy eyeball. Good leaders do not have to be forceful.

It is wonderful to have all the adult dogs help train her and absorb some of that puppy energy, and Avalanche is proving to be an incredible Auntie for the pup. All the adults correct the pup when it is rude, but if another dog is a bit rough Avi is suddenly right there and quietly expresses her displeasure.
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 am

Aw! Congrats on your new baby! Only "reddish" names I can come with are Ruby or Rose and I think the name Kenna means born of fire. What a sweetheart she is, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 am

I personally love Aura and Maka for names, but whatever you choose she is simply adorable!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:53 am

I thought Rio would be a good name for a red, from Rioja, I also like Nero. Could call her Rioja jane lol. It's not red related but I always liked the name Meera.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:09 am

Scarlett - a shade of red
Garnet - a dark red gem
Phoenix - a powerful bird and also means red
Ginger
Reed - red haired
Suri - Persian red rose
Adamina - God created Adam out of the red earth
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:22 am

Princess ruby.

Is the only name I can think of .. She is really cute. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Puppy
Puppy
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Thank you for the name suggestions. I will show them to the family.

DW is still leaning towards red names. Lehavah is Hebrew for flame. Yes, I was surprised to learn Adam meant red. Adamina is pretty. For those interested, "adm" is the three letter root.

The boys suggested Havoc. Reason is her behavior. Before us, she was adopted out for 2 weeks and returned to the rescue. Occasionally when we pick her up she growls and snaps wildly and is very angry. I think it is a strange learned behavior for a 12 week old. We are using treats and re-direction to fade the behavior. Anyone else experience this in a young pup?

Hayden_69, that is a great avatar.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:08 pm

WARNING! Your little ball of red may not last. Mine was a little red head too and now she is turning grey on me and she is only 3 months old. Huskys are known for there coloring changing. But all those names everyone picked out is adorable! He is so precious too!!! Lets us know what name you end up choosing!! king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?   Meet our new addition - suggestions for names? Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet our new addition - suggestions for names?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1