It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Fruff, a pet app suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

Fruff, a pet app suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Fruff, a pet app suggestion   Fruff, a pet app suggestion EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 am

Hey everyone, I found a cool free app for the iPhone. It's available in the app store. From their website it looks like they're working on a platform for android. From what I've learned about it, I'll give a bit of a review.

It's a social network thats core is your pet. You have the ability to find locations around you that are pet friendly, pet shops, vets, dog parks, etc. It allows you to create a profile for each of your pets, as well as have a status page if you'd like to update the world on what your pet is doing. This is all pretty cool but the best part about it is if your dog becomes lost, or if you've found someone else's pet. If your pet becomes lost, you can register your pet as lost with your Fruff app and the app will notify people in a 15 mile radius that your dog has been lost. In the notification it'll have a description of the pet, a picture, a map of the last known location as well as user information. It also has a place for you to put information in for finding a pet too. It looks like if you want, you can buy their tags that has a special QR code on the back, so if you find a pet with one of those, you can take a picture of the code and you'll get the pet owners information as well as they get the info that their pet has been found at this spot. It looks like their tags are $6.99, and can be bought online, www.fruff.com
If you know someone else who has this app you have the ability to add them as a friend, well your pet's friend, and then you can see where their pet has checked into, or if their pet goes missing. It's similar in that sense to Facebook that you're not seeing status's from others that you're not friends with. But I do believe that if a pet is lost you'll receive the notification, even if you don't know who the person is who lost the pet.

I haven't gotten a set of the tags yet, but so far I've definitely liked using the app. I like that you don't actually have to buy the tags to use the app, but I'll probably do that anyways. If anything goes wrong, someone will at least be able to get in contact with me, from my fruff tag, to the id tag to their microchip. I found some new places to take the pups too in the Tallahassee area from exploring their locations feature, as well as it seems that you can add places that you know to their current locations database, so they also want their clienteles input. For their locations you're able to filter out different places throughout your city, depending on what you're looking for. Their website is pretty informative to me, and the app is very user friendly. Not complicated at all to check in somewhere, report a dog lost or missing, or search their lost pet data base. I haven't gotten many notifications yet about lost pets, but I think this may be because the app is still new? Hopefully as it picks up speed, the notifications about lost pets won't be super overwhelming.

Hope this review/opinion was informative to some of you guys! And maybe check it out if you have an apple product! Even without an Apple product, it seems like you may be able to make an account online and manage it from your computer if you have an android based phone.

Sorry I wasn't able to post any screen shots of the app, for some reason I can't get any pictures to be hosted right now Fruff, a pet app suggestion 1625187496
Back to top Go down

Fruff, a pet app suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1