It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Morning time advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Morning time advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Twice a day for meals proper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 pm

We went through the exact same thing this with Qannik last year.  Fortunately he has grown out of it.  I hope for the same for you!  Those are ungodly hours to be awake!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Yes, it is rough.

So last night we happen to be out with friends at a pub with Link until Midnight, we came home, he peed and pooped and went right to sleep around 12:30.  Come this morning, 5:30 like clockwork, he was up and wanted to go out. 

I took him out, he did both, fed him, put him back in his crate, and we both just woke up around 10:30.

It seems regardless of whether he is awake until midnight or 9 pm he is gonna be up at 5:30 now.  Ugh.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 am

I think it's his age.  As he gets older and can hold it longer, you will probably see a difference in him.  Q was the same way at the same age.  It was very frustating.  Although I miss his puppy days because of the cuteness, I am so glad the 1st year is behind us.  We are so much more settled now.  Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I agree it does get better! After both mine hit about a year, on the weekends they started sleeping till about 8:30-9:30 which works great for me, cause I can only sleep till that time anyway. He will be older before you know it, and you will get to sleep again! Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Yeah, if I ever get a third I think it will have to be a rescue. I can't handle a year of not sleeping!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Our 2nd will be a puppy when Link is 2...then we are done.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 pm

I think about getting another puppy all the time.  I would love for Q to have a playmate.  He loves other dogs so much, but at this point, too many factors are holding us back.  Not only is my house too small, and money tight, but I just don't know if I could go through all that sleep deprivation and puppy BS again!  If the stars align and something changes so that my husband or I don't have to work ever again, then I'd go for it in an instant.  Until then, Q will be an only puppy!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Yes, it is rough.

So last night we happen to be out with friends at a pub with Link until Midnight, we came home, he peed and pooped and went right to sleep around 12:30.  Come this morning, 5:30 like clockwork, he was up and wanted to go out. 

I took him out, he did both, fed him, put him back in his crate, and we both just woke up around 10:30.

It seems regardless of whether he is awake until midnight or 9 pm he is gonna be up at 5:30 now.  Ugh.

Kenzi does the same thing at about the same time in the morning only she doesn't NEED to go outside, she WANTS to and it drives my husband nuts. We play with her hard before we go to sleep in hopes of burning off any excess energy, she gets fed in the middle of the day and doesn't get water before bedtime and is always let out right before we go to bed, but she still wants up anywhere between 4 and 5:30. She sleeps in the bedroom with us on the floor but at 5:30 when she gets up then she's just outside until we are ready to get up (unless it rains), then she sleeps in the living room after that. She's around 4 years, I don't think it's something she'll grow out of at this point. Are we not playing hard enough or should we never let her sleep during the day?

Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Well I don't know about your dog but there is nothing I can do to keep Link awake and alert when he is ready to sleep. When he's had enough, he's had enough. The past few days he just wants out of his crate in the morning to resume his sleep on his beanbag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning time advice   Morning time advice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morning time advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2