It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Who to get the neuter done by?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? Empty
PostSubject: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 am

Ok so koda is approaching 6 months and the days are numbered for his.... Well i think you get the idea lol!! I like my vet alot and he is a friend of my gfs family. And i know he wouldnt mind but i cant really afford his places neuter cost which is a little over $300 compared to a clinica which is about $100. Im really nervous to trust a clinic even though i know they probably do it more often than my vet. But it makes me feel like they wont take their time and just rush through it to get to the next dog. Is there anything i should look for as red flags for clinics? Cause there are a few places i can get it done arouns here i dont really know where to go.. There is a place right by my work here is the website.. http://www.spayneuterclinics.net/. Can someone read it over and see what you think? Im about to call for a price
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Ok so the clinic i linked with the website is 136 for the neuter then 38 for a microchip which im considering.
My vet is 280-310 for the neuter and 72 for the chip. I know my vet does blood work before hand but i dont think the clinic does.. But i just had bloodwork done on koda a few weeks ago when he was sick and everything was good.. So what do you guys think? Im still looking for other places as well
Back to top Go down
Rykashuman
Newborn
Newborn
Rykashuman

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Ryka was snipped by a clinic. Albeit only at like 3 months, but still a clinic none the less. Really professional staff. Plus the vet fell in love with Rykas disposition. My experience only set me back 65 dollars. He came micro chipped from the breeder. I wouldn't hesitate with the clinic. It's something they've done hundreds of times. If it was you having it done, would you want the guy thats done the surgery maybe 20 times, or the guy who's done it 320 times? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 pm

You make a good point thank you!
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Does the microchip include adding your info to the registry? if so then good deal if not shop around. Our local spca will microchip a dog for $15 and then it costs $15 to register the number with the national database, that way when they scan it it will show your name and address etc.

As to the clinic for spay/neuter i really couldn't tell you. Dakota had an undescended testicle and was fixed before we got him at 8 weeks old ( bad breeder i know better now)
I used to have cats and we had them on one of those Banfield pet plans and they fixed the cats.

You can always google search for reviews on a clinic you are interested in, just don't look at reviews on the clinic's site ( they control what reviews get posted) Also call the spca and ask if they recommend any of the clinics for a low cost spay/neuter. The people who work at those places generally have a soft spot for dogs and cats and hate to see them hurt and usually hate the way the system works but try to do the best they can in a bad situation. They would warn you away from any chop shops.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm

I paid about 390 to neuter Balon and my old vet, and I have since switched vets, I have to drive a bit further but it is way worth it. It will only cost me $99 to neuter Loki ad that includes bloodwork. Everything at this vet is better prices, I was paying a fortune for no better service!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Thats a good point about the price of the microchip. I didnt think of that. Ill have to call back and find out..
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 pm

I really like their website! It has more information then most normal vet's sites. I say go for it. 16,000 procedures..that's a lot of fixins! Maybe see if you can look at the facilities and ask where they put the animals post op. If you like what you see and if you have a good feeling about the place, then why not?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 pm

What should i look for thats good or bad for post op..
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 pm

http://www.spayaz.com/locations/

This place is in Cleveland, but the cost is cheap and accounts for any extra gas. Personally, I would go to this one over the other clinic because this clinic had almost all excellent reviews. The other had 2 stars...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Ah yes; I did not look at reviews. Definitely look at reviews and keep them in the back of your mind.

For post op, do they have people who periodically check on the animals? Are they just placed on the ground in a line, or do they have their own kennels? Now our spueter clinic at HUA puts the dogs on the ground, but it is not concrete and they have blankets. Do I really agree with it?? Not really, it could be better in my opinion. But the dogs are not just LAYING on the cold hard ground.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 pm

My dogs/cats have all been altered at the humane society here near us. It's a nice one, and eventually I did work there. Personally I will always go through a clinic unless the dog is for whatever reason "high risk." At which point I'd have to research further whether or not spay/neuter was necessary.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Puppy
Puppy
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:18 am

Quote :
Ok so the clinic i linked with the website is 136 for the neuter then 38 for a microchip which im considering.
Very reasonable for the sp/neuter. A bit pricey for the chip unless registration is covered. The local clinic chips for $10, then you pay for registration, which varies between companies.

I would not argue the cost of the chip. Just have them pop it in and you are done for life.

We take the dogs to the vet for checkups and illness. We prefer clinics for sp/neuter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who to get the neuter done by?   neuter - Who to get the neuter done by? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who to get the neuter done by?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1