It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Coward Husky???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frebu
Newborn
Newborn
Frebu

Male Join date : 2013-03-18

Coward Husky??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

So I'm the only one who thinks the dog is picking up on Amy's obvious hate of the free loader?
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Her discomfort in her own home could be a factor, as could her anger towards him and the tension it must create in the house. But I think the most important thing to do first, is to make sure he isn't abusing the dog.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm

I could see that being a factor too, but I really don't think the poor dog would pee itself based off of tension. My dogs always pick up when I don't like someone but they don't act this submissive. I think Amy should set up cameras too.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:14 pm

That's a good point, that kind of physical reaction means there is some pretty extreme fear there.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Advice I have given my wife, children, and grandchildren, watch how the dogs behave around certain people and most times you will be able to tell if they are to be trusted. Good people and bad people project something dogs can pick-up on and they react accordingly.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Frebu wrote:
So I'm the only one who thinks the dog is picking up on Amy's obvious hate of the free loader?

Very much so!!!! Nailed it! I had no clue how much she reacts to my stress or actions towards people. But I agree if she is peeing on herself there has to be much more to this when what body language i am putting off. I gotta get to the bottom of this and I will. I have a ton of friends that have kids maybe I can see if I can borrow something from them.....
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Hughie, you are totally right!

Amy, I hope you can find something to borrow. Smile if you can't, you could always buy one from the apple store and take it back later. If you keep the box, they'll take anything back. I know, I used to work there lol. Wink once we took back a 20 year old apple toner cartridge... Yes, apple uses to make printers!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:29 pm

hahahaha, awesome!!! Sorry I never said what kind of computer I had. I have Toshiba Satellite. Its pretty new maybe a year and half old? Thats not a bad idea either.... hmmm.... ok, shopping i go!!!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm sorry I haven't updated yet, the little guy has been keeping me really, really busy! I am going to try and set it up tonight. How are things there? Any new developments?
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:46 pm

I was wondering if you forgot about me lol No it is fine I completely understand! So far she has improved being around him. But I just make sure when he is around I am right there with her. She seems to be better. But Saturday night me and the bf went out for a few drinks and I am not going to lie I got a little messed up. Ok who am I kidding it has been a while since i let loose and i did. Well we got home and she was in the garage. I left her in the livingroom. So I got got pissed because well we live in Texas.... Its summer time right now. So the garage is a little hot right now. So i pulled her out of the garage, got her some water and screamed at the top of my lungs trying to wake him up to get the hell out of my house. I didn't want him there anymore and he had no right to touch my dog. Well all of that he never heard me..... So I got the bf to talk to him again about not putting her out there. Only time I do that is because its colder in the garage than it is outside and she loves it when its cold. Right now not so much... So now he is hibernating in his room complaining she yelps at night. Well she wants to play...she is a puppy. I am trying to break her of that but it takes time and i told him if you don't like it there is the door. No one here is going to hold you back and thats a promise. So I gave him a piece of my mind. Still going to set up a camera. I get paid tomorrow so I will have the cash. So please let me know how yours works out for you. I am ready to set something up.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:53 am

Obviously didn't make it today, but its the number one thing on my to do list tomorrow, and I'm getting up 5...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:41 am

Okay! Finally got it up and running. Smile It doesn't work exactly like I want it to, but I think for what you need it might work for you. So signing up for an account is relatively simple, just go to ustream.com and click on login/sign up in the upper right hand corner. Attaching the webcam was really simple too, I just plugged it in, and my computer and ustream recognized it. Once you create your account, you create a channel, and from there you are ready to stream. Set up your computer, position your camera, and you're good to go. The feature it doesn't have (or at least that I can figure out), that I would have liked is to be able to have it record on the camera at home, from my phone. But what you could do, is set it up, then click 'start broadcasting' then 'start recording. Here is a screen shot of the setup, and a couple sample videos I recorded. You can make your channel private, but then you can't watch it from your phone. Here is a screen grab of the setup.

Coward Husky??? - Page 2 Screen10

Here is the link to view the stream:

http://ustre.am/Y3oL *Edit - if you click the link, and see nothing, its because I turned off the broadcast. Smile it does work though. I had my whole family check it out.

And here is a sample video I recorded:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/32523239

I'm going to make it private after you check it out, so once you look at it please let me know. Smile Also, let me know if you have questions. Smile Total setup was probably 15-30 min...
Back to top Go down
Frebu
Newborn
Newborn
Frebu

Male Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:14 pm

She yelps at night so he put her in the garage? What a jerk. It's not that hot in Houston right now but I wouldn't leave Storm outside for more than half an hour without supervision.......
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:31 pm

I will get on it!!! Thank you again for everything!!!!!

I think it its too hot for her to be put into a garage. Its 88 right now and tonight it will get to 79. And he didn't even bring her water. Needless to say she is a jerk and she isn't allowed in the garage unless it is cold outside. If I keep allow him to do it, it will get to 100 degrees +. So NO this is totally unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:18 pm

You're welcome. I hope it helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:19 pm

I will keep you updated!!! Thank you again! I am not sure what I would have done if you didnt tell me about this!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:07 am

Update!!! Thank you everyone again on your input. I wanted to let you know Micole is doing so much better! She now growles and barks at the roommate instead of putting her head down and peeing. Her new routine is when he goes up stairs she follows him waits on the 3 rd step waits till she hears the door shut and walks away. If he forgets something and comes back down she gets angry and let's him know lol I finally got her to sleep in my room. She now sleeps next to me in her kennel and allows me to sleep in. It is wounderful!!! So roommate no longer goes any where near her and if he does she let's me know .... But I do belive whatever he was doing it has stopped. He noticed I put cameras around the house and he is moving out in a few weeks. I got my confidant girl back and I am so pleased. Thank you again jenn!!!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:24 am

That's really great! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been doing. I'm so glad she is doing better! And you're getting rid of what sounds like a terrible roommate. Smile
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:36 am

Yes things are so much better I am very happy and I know she is too. Pluse us getting another dog tomorrow and I just want things perfect and it is getting there!! Yay!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:52 am

That's awesome! She will love that I'm sure!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:15 pm

I am sure she will. Our ausi is too lazy for her so I hope this makes things better too lol poor guy never gets a break lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coward Husky???   Coward Husky??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coward Husky???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2