It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park Empty
PostSubject: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Evil or Very Mad

Examiner

The Baltimore Sun

WBAL Radio

Baltimore Sun

Note to Members: Please remember to be respectful. I know this is likely a subject to enrage quite a few people... just remember to be respectful and be mindful of the fact that all we know of this story is from the media.

park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:15 pm

I saw this in a few different places but thought it best to ignore the story. That's what I was going to do. Rest assured my dog would not be the only casualty in this situation. What the **** possesses someone to discharge a firearm in public when no human lives are at stake? Even if this story has been media hyped into oblivion, something is fishy. Now you have me trolling story comments all over the interwebs.

... and people wonder why I carry when hiking. I don't trust anyone I encounter. Never have, never will. Growing up in Boulder County will do that to a person.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:18 pm

yep im gonna stay out of this one, i have nothing nice to say so im not gonna say a thing.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:20 pm

What bothers me most is that it FEELS like the authorities are "taking care of their own" here. Since when does a person get to get off scott-free when they kill an animal and discharge a weapon?

I agree... something is definitely fishy-- more so than the other case with the husky killing the poodle dog. Someone else mentioned elsewhere- the GSD was on a LEASH...why not just take your dog out of the situation? Why on earth was a weapon involved?!

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 pm

It probably goes back to the additional rights that trained police K9 dogs have. From my laymen, and obviously legalese inept standpoint, this guy could protect his dog as if it was another HUMAN officer being "attacked". How on Earth would anyone there know this dog was off duty, tactically trained and protected by the law? Not cool. This Husky owner would be in jail facing a multitude of felonious charges, many in the 1st degree.

Just another reason to avoid dog parks in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:46 pm

The only thing I can say is obviously the officer mistook the typical play of a husky for aggression. It has happened at our local dogpark. The other owners stay far away when the huskies are there. Sad, really sad....Poor Bear-Bear! Sad
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:07 pm

This is really sad :-(
Back to top Go down
TrippleX
Newborn
Newborn
TrippleX

Male Join date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Im not a dog park fan. Here in Canada you always hear stories about bad stuff happening at dog parks. I stay away from them.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 am

Took long enough!
Update: Charges Filed

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 am

Geez. That actually happened kind of quick, considering how many agencies and bureaucratic boards were probably involved. Hopefully this guy gets dealt with, at the very least he should lose firearm privileges for life. Ugh, this story still boils my blood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park   park - Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Off-Duty Officer Shoots Husky at Dog Park

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1