It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Extremely Playful?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

Extremely Playful? Empty
PostSubject: Extremely Playful?   Extremely Playful? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:15 pm

OK, so as most of you know I also have a Australian Shepherd. He is about 6 years old. EVERY morning when i take him out of his kennel Micole goes crazy! She jumps, bites, growls and just all over him. she is waaay too excited! I feel bad poor the guy. No one wants to wake up and get that. He hasn't even been able to stretch yet lol He deals with it and ignores her, lets her do her thing. But I don't want her to do that every morning. Its a little crazy. Is this a husky thing? Is there ways to stop it? If not cool I'll deal with it. But if there is a way to stop it I would love too. I really just feel bad for him lol He just looks at me with those eyes like help me mom....

On a side note I have never in my life seen 2 dogs act the way these 2 do! Riley will discipline Micole for me when he knows she has done something bad and she lesions!!! When I yell at Micole.. Riley will herd her in another room for timeout! It is a amazing to me!!!
Back to top Go down
Wy Renegade
Puppy
Puppy
Wy Renegade

Extremely Playful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely Playful?   Extremely Playful? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Yes, she is playing and yes, it is a husky thing. Can you take him out first and give him a chance to move around and wake up before you take her out?
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Extremely Playful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely Playful?   Extremely Playful? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:09 pm

If I do that then she gets too excited in her crate and knocks the whole thing over and tries to bust out. He seems to take it, he never gets aggressive with her. Just didn't know if I could possibly do something to get her to calm down a little bit.
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

Extremely Playful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely Playful?   Extremely Playful? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm

could you take Micole out and let her outside and then come back and let riley out? i did that with Zoë when i first got Maya. Maya would jump all over Zoë at first so i let Zoë go out side first to get a little break. after doing this for a little while Maya stopped jumping all over Zoë
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Extremely Playful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely Playful?   Extremely Playful? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:32 pm

I can try that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Extremely Playful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely Playful?   Extremely Playful? Empty

Back to top Go down

Extremely Playful?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1