It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

nearly had a heart attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

nearly had a heart attack Empty
PostSubject: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm

My nephews trying kill me and his mother, he just opened the front door and let the three dogs run out the door. Yes he is a toddler only 3 yrs old but this is one thing he knows better then to do. Unfortunately we right off of il route 83, panic attack start now. With my sisters pup in the lead they ran straight that way. None of them have recall and once they get out they just run, needless to say my truck has never been started and driven so quickly before and I am eternally grateful for the man that nearly crashed to get me to stop so he could tell me they were going straight for the busy street. I am so angery at them for bolting but also proud they all came when I spotted them and called Bella to the car. Luckily they love car rides and all three jumped right in my door trying to sit in the passenger seat. All I could do was laugh as the three tried sharing the passenger seat. I know I stressed major for a couple minutes there hopefully it wasnt too much stress for my sister, being that shes due in two weeks. Will definetly be giving the pups some extra hugs before bed tonight. And I am glad my father doesnt live around here I'd never hear the end about taking a corner as fast as I did when the gentlemen let me know where they were, blazers are definetly not meant for turns like I was doing but I was panicked.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 am

I remember long ago we had no screen door and family came over. I was out back and then went inside to see door wide open. Yup 2 dogs and 2 cats outside. I know that feeling. Glad to hear you got them all!
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:04 pm

God, this is why i dont let anyone near my dogs XD
Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:35 pm

SO glad there ok. I unfortunately learned that the hard way, Twice. About 3 years ago my Bichon/yorkie was loose in our backyard and I didn't know at the time, so I went to get the mail and she ran into the busy road and got hit immediately, I ran to her and was the last thing she saw before her eyes rolled back and died. A police officer was driving by at the time so he pulled her to the side of the rode and went and talked to the woman that hit her, she was completely distraught(I don't blame her, I would be to if I hit a dog.)

Then again Last summer my grandmother got extremely sick so we left our Westie with our neighbors. The day after we left for North Carolina while we were bringing our luggage to our hotel room we got a call saying he had push their front door open and got hit by a car, when this happened it was around 7 on a saturday night so it was quite busy but it turns out the woman that hit him was going 15mph over the speed limit and was on her cell. My neighbor's husband had to go and chased her down and ended up in an argument with the woman's husband on the phone. Unfortunately they never got her name or plate number so no report could be filed.

Both of these times we lived at two different places about 15 miles apart but on the same Route. Everytime Phoebe has gotten loose I FLIP out and chase her down while my mom doesn't, she's like she won't go far/She'll come back but I NEVER trust that even when she does come back and we no longer live near a busy road and the speed limit on our dead end street is 15 mph. I Feel like if I ever lost another dog like that I have a breakdown and have to be put in a psych hospital.

Again, SO SO glad There ok

P.S Emily I am the same way
Back to top Go down
KCheshire
Puppy
Puppy
KCheshire

Female Join date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh god, I know that feeling. The other day at the dog park some DUMB ******** was too busy with her infant (who shouldn't have been there anyway!) to notice that she didn't close the inner gate, and what does Loki do? BOLT for the extremely busy road right next to the dog park. I was in so much shock I almost just fainted. Luckily, as I was screaming and running for the road seemingly in slow motion, a woman approached holding him by the collar. I was so relieved I could have died. I walked him back to the park and stared that woman down until she shrunk so small she just made a little "meep" sound.

If only she had known he's a Service Dog in Training and if he had gotten hurt, her actions could have been considered criminal negligence.... *fumes*
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:10 am

Emily, I'm very picky about who I let handle my dogs and my sisters the only one I think I really trust with them.
We try our best to teach my nephew what to and NOT to do with the dogs and he is learning but has his moments like any toddler does. I guess that was just one of those nights. We will be getting an extra lock up higher on the door this weekend to help prevent this from happening again, and playtimes will be cut short for awhile because of the new baby coming next week or if anything I will be picking Honee up and doing some playtime at my place just to let them wear each other out some and socialize so it will only be me and the dogs. We just couldnt believe he did that. Fred has always been included in helping with the dogs because we want them to understand he is a provider also and not to be walked on, but we'll be cutting back a little with that for now, he has never been aloud to let the dogs out though.

Keri, that sucks loosing pups like that I'm so sorry, my aunt accidentally hit a tea cup poodle type dog not too long ago and was very distraught over it I had called to ask her a question and she just started crying. The lady had it unleashed in the front lawn on a busy road the dog ran out and even though my aunt slammed the brake pedal to the floor the truck just didnt stop in time. She ended up calling the police because the woman started screaming at her and threatening her pounding on the car windows because she had to pull up a few cars to park and get out. The cop ended up giving her a ticket for an unleashed dog no report was done and he told my my aunt to just leave. My grandmother was in the car and asked if they were going to the vet with the dog and was told "why he's dead?" Even though the dog was still breathing and moving some from what they could see. All I could tell her was that it totally sucked that it happened I felt sorry for the dog but in my honest opinion the woman asked for it leaving the dog loose where she lived and I dont think she cared that much for the dog if she just stood there instead of getting to a vet. It was an honest accident and not my aunts fault, she was driving not terribly far from where I'm living and I have noticed that people with small dogs around here have bad issues leaving them off leash when they have no recall and just dont listen. Theres two we have problems with across from my sisters place and I have said very loudly when the dogs have charged at Jasper that my dog is like 12 times the size on leash and under control that I will not be responsible for an injury done if the little dogs get any closer or are roaming the street when I am getting out of my car with my two. They bit an old man just weeks ago and he refused any treatment or to call the cops about it, I'm not that nice I will report it and if I'm bitten or my dogs are they will be paying the bills. Just last night i almost hit a chihuahua because its in the middle of the road, on a leash but not being watched.

Kristin, I cant believe some people! I thought there was an age restriction of around 10 yrs old aloud at dog parks? Its there for a reason, thats one reason why we never do dog parks its always my sister me fred and the three dogs and theres no way we are going to take him there!
Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 pm

I don't blame the woman that hit our Bichon/yorkie, I actually blamed myself for going to the mailbox and not checking the dogs first. When I had ran into the house I think the first thing I said was "it's all my fault." I not sure if it was my mom or my grandmother who had let them out without her lead on. I think it may have been my grandmother and she was 86 and had dementia.
I also never meet the woman that hit her. The cop went and talked to her for us but because she tried her best to stop and pulled over after there wasn't any need for much else so we let her go.

Now the Woman who hit our westie that was speeding, was on her phone and never stopped, the police should of been called.
Also did I mention he got hit two days before my 16th birthday. My mom ended up taking me to virginia beach for my birthday on the way back to cheer me up but the entire ride from NC to Virginia beach, I justed cry or passed out from crying so much. Not that great of a birthday.

Kristen, our dog park has a no one under 10 rule and 10-17 must be supervised. I lucky haven't had any encounters like that, there's been a few 10-11 years olds but they know not to bother the dogs
I don't think I would be to happy if someone brought a 4 year old in and bothers the dogs. I'm 17 and usually my mom is with me but sometimes she likes to sit in the car but I don't think anyone can tell I'm 17. Once at the library I was getting books from the teen section like a normal teen would and the woman at the counter asked me if they were for my DAUGHTER!! My neighbor who's 24 thought I was her age too.
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah, I let my nieces/ nephews handle Lucifer when i have a backup leash attached only XD
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 1:20 am

Its like the escape week from hell for me or something! We did bath time and as I'm hosing all the soap off the driveway Bella starts screaming her pretty little head off so I look to see what the matter is and shes trying to yank the porch down the drive. I look over at my nephew at the bottom of the stair case and he asks "auntie no dog dog?" I'm just standing there asking him what he means then little panda across the street starts barking sets bel off again and I look up the stairs to see an empty tie out cable...the damn clip came off ITSELF and Jas is running up and down the road like he is on crack!!! I felt so bad later but I screamed at poor fred to go get his grandma and luckily Jas saw the door open and sped inside in all his dripping wet glory. Freddie stood there smiling when Jas ran in and tells me "auntie i dog dog auntie! see dog dog!" He was so proud he helped catch the dog dog as he calls my two.
On another note, if we are walking I will let fred hold the handle to the leash after I have the center of it wrapped securely around my hand or I hold the traffic lead, hadnt though of putting two leashes on we'll have to try it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nearly had a heart attack   nearly had a heart attack Empty

Back to top Go down

nearly had a heart attack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1