It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it Empty
PostSubject: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:49 pm

https://www.partners-n-wellness.com/Portal/Quotes.mvc/WellnessSelectPlan?sid=6b053117-8391-41e1-9bd3-80c10151ec49

Here's the link to what's included and the price. Does it seem like it'd be worth it for $35/month.

Now also take into account that my breeder will give her her vaccinations for $12 a pop, but she will obviously still need vet visits and things.

What do ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 pm

ok well I don't think the link is working. Here's the info just in case:

Annual Services Include:
Exams
2 Wellness Physical Examination
2 Wellness Recheck-Booster Examination
10 Unlimited Outpatient Scheduled Exams (As needed during plan year)
Vaccinations
1 Rabies Vaccination
2 Kennel Cough (Bordetella) Vaccination
2 Lyme Vaccination
2 Distemper +/- Leptospirosis Vaccine
1 Distemper Vaccination
Lab Work
1 4DX Heartworm/Ehrlichia/Lyme/Anaplasmosis Test (over 6 months old)
Parasite Control
1 Intestinal Parasite and Giardia Test
Additional Services
4 Nail Trims
4 Nutritional Counseling & Weight Assessment
4 Medical Waste Disposal
1 Interstate Health Certificate (may require additional services)
Other Wellness Services Only
1 Microchipping 1/2 Price (Save $21)
Product Discount Included (10%):
Heartworm Prevention
Flea & Parasite Control. 10% Off
Science Diet Healthy Advantage pet food. 10% Off
Hills Prescription Diet pet food. 10% Off

Service Discount Included (10%):
Spay / Neuter 10% off procedure.
No credit given for unused wellness plan services.
Discounts can't be combined with other discounts.
Total Retail Price if purchased separately: $486.00

$35.00 Total Monthly Cost

$50.00 One-time Enrollment Fee ($50.00 per pet)
$35.00First payment
$85.00 Total Due Now
MAKE CHANGESCONTACT & PAYMENT INFO
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:07 pm

In the end you're paying $470 for the year. Is $16 and brining all your business to 1 vet worth it?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've had to bring an animal to the vet and when I did have my previous dog, I took him to the closest. I've been researching getting my pup spayed at a clinic, which will cost me about $120. Her breeder will do her shots for $12 a piece. I can go to Petco or Petsmart and get her the rabies vaccination. I guess i just am not sure what office visits will cost me.?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Right, but in the end- if you did use all of these services you only save $16 and they have gotten all of your business regardless of a cheaper price elsewhere.

You can certainly ask whatever vet you're looking into what their office visit costs. Most in my area are between $35-50.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't do it. You can get insurance a little less for that amount per month. Insurance can give you 70-80-90% off vet visits. Wellness is usually not included in the insurance plan though. I think. It just depends on the company.

Juneau is very healthy and I only had to take her to the vet 2 times last year (aside from the usual vaccine shots). One for tapeworms when I got her ($75) and another for a cold ($145). So far this year she has only been to the vet once and that is for her annual check-up & shots, which was $140.

Maybe you could start a savings account for your pup instead? Transfer $35 each month and it will gradually build.

I'd like to consider myself a frugal person. In my opinion, this is not worth it. Your call.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 am

I agree it doesn't seem worth it. The biggest non emergency expenses are vaccines and spay/neuter. If you can get vaccines for $12 from your breeder I would just do that. Plus, if you decide you don't like the vet, then you're either stuck there or wasted almost $500. I would spend the $35 a month on insurance that covers emergency stuff, like healthy paws, trupanion, etc.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks guys! Yeah I think since I can get her shots cheap and spayed at a clinic then it probably isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:11 pm

I second the opening an account and putting $35 or whatever you can a month in it so if anything major ever comes up you have a little cushion for the vet as opposed to paying for insurance of some sort that you may never use. You just have to be good and not touch the account for anything else!! Lol
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:17 pm

The insurance options are actually really great, but they only cover emergencies. I'm a worry wort though, so I need to know if something major ever happens I don't have to think about if I can pay for the care or not. My insurance covers 90% after a $100 yearly deductible. With an e-vet visit and x-rays, its more than paid for itself already since May.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:53 pm

You could look into carecredit. My vet accepts it and if you pay more than $200 you have six months to pay it off, interest free (I think.) I don't have it, but I have considered it, especially for emergencies. If its under $200, you have 23 days to pay it off.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Ive had koda on vpi for a couple months. Im happy so far even though i havnt filed a claim yet. They cover hip displasia (didnt spell that right lol) after a year. I got the wellness plan with them. Im not sure if im goinf to keep it.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I personally did a wellness plan and if I could do it again I would have done it differently. I would have had Anna spayed at a clinic but also have a different vet in case of emergencies, such as when Anna had bladder crystals and demodectic mange. Come to find out I could have gone somewhere for cheaper and we spent a ton of money on both of those. Of course this doesn't happen with every dog and other than that she never really needed to go to the vet. We had my sister's pup spayed at a clinic and I feel like they did a better job there than where I had Anna's done. For me personally I wouldn't do it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it   Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible vet I'm going with offers a wellness plan.. Is it worth it

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1