It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 am

hrangelotti wrote:
lol puppies can be jerks sometimes but if trained and raised right they'll turn into the bestest friend a person could ask for

Absolutely. Smile Dizzy was a huge jerk until he was about 6 months (I had kind of come to a point of acceptance that my puppy was an a$$), then I had this golden window where he was lovable and sweet and listened. Then, he became a teenager and developed selective hearing and the jerk factor came back, but he's getting sweeter and sweeter as he gets older. He just has his teenage jerk moments between the sweetness, at least he's nice sometimes now though. Smile
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

Female Join date : 2013-10-20

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:52 am

wpskier222 wrote:

hrangelotti wrote:
lol puppies can be jerks sometimes but if trained and raised right they'll turn into the bestest friend a person could ask for

Absolutely. :)Dizzy was a huge jerk until he was about 6 months (I had kind of come to a point of acceptance that my puppy was an a$$), then I had this golden window where he was lovable and sweet and listened. Then, he became a teenager and developed selective hearing and the jerk factor came back, but he's getting sweeter and sweeter as he gets older. He just has his teenage jerk moments between the sweetness, at least he's nice sometimes now though. Smile
yup totally understand the jerk factor lol although Samoa can be very sweet sometimes. she is learning to bite gently when she plays and she stays near me most of the time. she'll sleep in between my feet when i'm sitting on the couch. but then there are the times when she steals my shoes and runs and avoids me. she has a thing for shoes haha and she torments my older dog to no end lol even though she is playing he finds her very annoying so i'm sure he thinks of her as a jerk most of the time haha
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am

Layla's only a jerk when she's around her "Aunt" Maggie, my parents' little 11-year-old Jack Russell/beagle mix. When my parents visited our house and brought Maggie Layla was a huge jerk, but now that Layla's at Maggie's house they're getting along better. There was a little scuffle this morning over a toy but no biting. I'll take some pics and post them to Layla's scrapbook. Before there wasn't as big a difference in size between them but now it's very easy to see how much Layla has grown since she's about twice Maggie's size!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Jerk puppies for the win. Razz

Anyways, Yukon is 14 weeks old today and it's Christmas Eve, which I would say is pretty cool. So naturally it's time for some pictures.

Yukon is "sniffing out" the true meaning of Christmas. xD
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00116

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00215

Pine cones are apparently very tasty.
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00316

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00414

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00512
I didn't have a lot of time to get pictures today, but tomorrow is Christmas so I'll be back then with more pictures. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 pm

awww such a cute little guy! merry christmas! Samoa is 16 weeks old today! exactly two weeks older and getting big! I can now say months instead of weeks lol.. so i should say 4 months old how time flies
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Eee, so cute! I love how he just sits there and poses.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:02 pm

hrangelotti wrote:
awww such a cute little guy! merry christmas! Samoa is 16 weeks old today! exactly two weeks older and getting big! I can now say months instead of weeks lol.. so i should say 4 months old how time flies

Four months already? Wow time does go by fast pretty soon two weeks wont be much of a difference in age, but until then Merry Christmas! Very Happy

capellalayla wrote:
Eee, so cute! I love how he just sits there and poses.

He does like to sit down and look at people when he gets out of his crate, but the second I pull out the camera he starts jumping around. Which means that most of the pictures I take of him are blurry. xD
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 12:40 pm

As promised here's some pictures of today. Yukon got several toys and such, but these pictures are focused on him rocking out in his brand new (very first) harness!

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00117

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00216

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00415

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00513

Merry Christmas everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 am

He looks so handsome with his new harness! And it's red to match his collar!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm

It fits pretty good on him and he doesn't seem to pull (as much) when it's on. Anyways Yukon is exactly 15 weeks old on the last day of the year, how about that? xD

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00118

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00217

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00317

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00416

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00514

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00614

Such blurriness...
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00712

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00813

We went for a mile long walk today, it took us about thirty minutes (because of cars and breaks) and it was pretty fun. A nice way to end the year. Razz
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Love how happy he always looks. He's growing up to be such a handsome boy! Smile

capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:02 pm

He is a very happy-looking dog! You must be doing something right, Aidan! Wink Love the pics! Happy 15 weeks, Yukon!
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:51 pm

aww he is a pretty adorable pup! my girl is exactly 17 weeks today also! i think i'm going to add some more photos to her scrapbook as well have a happy new year!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:21 am

He's always happy, he'd pee on the floor and then look at you for a treat if you let him. Neutral

Anyways he has a vet appointment on Friday, hopefully it will be the last one for a good long time. xD
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm

16 weeks old today and he finally has all his shots! The only problem now is getting him socialized. (He's only met about 30-40 people and only 2 dogs so far, ugh. >-> )

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00417

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00515

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00615

We're practicing our new trick "paw" and "shake" it's coming along very nicely. Very Happy
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 00713

Yukon has also officially been with me longer than he was with the breeder as of Monday. So yay I suppose... xD
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I just can't get over those huge ears and how much more adorable they make him! You can always go to parks where other people are walking their dogs or anybody you know might have dogs.I try to take Samoa to the Dog park once a week but I'm starting to think it's not such a good idea anymore. There are a lot of irresponsible owners who just let their dogs bully and pick on other dogs and since Samoa is a puppy she seems to get singled out.I think I'm just going to start walking her in parks where there are other dogs from now on:-D good luck
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

I really want to get him around some other dogs. However our local park is closed during winter and the nearest dog park is over an hour away. Also our friend's dog is apparently aggressive towards other dogs (he didn't take kindly to Yukon when we introduced him) and I have yet to get him to know any other dogs in the neighborhood (who bark at us when we walk by...) Although Puppy classes start in less than a week and I'm bringing him in for his first real class on the 20th, so hopefully that could act as a form of socialization.

Alternatively you could fly up from Florida with Samoa, I wouldn't mind that very much at all. Wink
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Lol if I had the money believe me I'd love to see snow as I have never seen snow in person lol typical problems of a Florida resident my whole life haha. I'm pretty sure the puppy classes will absolutely help with socialization. I'm sure yukon will love it! Have fun
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Thanks, hopefully you'll be able to see snow one day. In the meantime we need teleportation devices already, it's 2014 and this is unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 pm

My husband taught Layla "shake" and was giddy with excitement when she did it on her own. Now she holds her paw up in anticipation of getting a treat, even if we don't say the command, haha. It pairs very well with "high five," which I have Layla do sometimes, especially after she has a successful potty.  lol! 

Puppy classes will be VERY helpful for socialization. You'll meet a lot of new dogs and people. Try to bring Yukon around to meet everyone, people and pups. And now that he has all his shots, you can bring him around practically everywhere to meet people just on the streets, in parks, etc.

Something that I found really helpful that I didn't realize would be so helpful until I did it was bring Layla to a high school around the time the kids get out. Some kids were pretty outgoing and came right up to Layla and asked to pet her. It's a great opportunity for socialization with people and gets the dog used to being in a more crowded area. And, Aidan, I found a lot of the people who came up to Layla were teenage girls, so it might be useful if you're into dog-loving girls. Wink

You could also bring Yukon into town and just walk around. From what you've described, your town is pretty small, but most New England towns have a town center of sorts. Walk around there on a weekend when folks are doing their shopping, or even during lunchtime if there are businesses and restaurants in that area. You'll meet plenty of people that way. It's surprising to me how much more easily approachable you become when you're walking with an adorable, ever-smiling puppy. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Oh, and, BTW, if you ever want to meet up and socialize Yukon with Layla and us, let me know! I'm sure we can find a midpoint between us to meet up at, or if it's an hour or so drive, we'd be happy to drive to you. I know you mentioned before you're right near the Mass. border, so it might indeed only be an hour or so from us in Billerica, Mass.
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 pm

capellalayla wrote:
My husband taught Layla "shake" and was giddy with excitement when she did it on her own. Now she holds her paw up in anticipation of getting a treat, even if we don't say the command, haha. It pairs very well with "high five," which I have Layla do sometimes, especially after she has a successful potty.  lol! 

Puppy classes will be VERY helpful for socialization. You'll meet a lot of new dogs and people. Try to bring Yukon around to meet everyone, people and pups. And now that he has all his shots, you can bring him around practically everywhere to meet people just on the streets, in parks, etc.

Something that I found really helpful that I didn't realize would be so helpful until I did it was bring Layla to a high school around the time the kids get out. Some kids were pretty outgoing and came right up to Layla and asked to pet her. It's a great opportunity for socialization with people and gets the dog used to being in a more crowded area. And, Aidan, I found a lot of the people who came up to Layla were teenage girls, so it might be useful if you're into dog-loving girls. Wink

You could also bring Yukon into town and just walk around. From what you've described, your town is pretty small, but most New England towns have a town center of sorts. Walk around there on a weekend when folks are doing their shopping, or even during lunchtime if there are businesses and restaurants in that area. You'll meet plenty of people that way. It's surprising to me how much more easily approachable you become when you're walking with an adorable, ever-smiling puppy. Smile
that is awesome advice! And yes high five comes easy after shake! Love these puppies all so adorable
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 pm

The high school idea sounds pretty good actually and I never would of thought of that on my own. We have one right in the middle of Uconn actually. Although I normally go to the University at around 6pm which is way after they get out. That coupled with the fact that I don't normally talk to other High School kids in real life, at all, could potentially bring up some problems. I think that I should just carry Yukon into a more populated area/place where everyone is outside at the same time and sort of walk around like you said, although now I need an idea of where to go. (The town over has a population of around 5,000 or so, but the town center in smack in the middle of a major route between Providence and Hartford...)

A meetup would be really cool, I live about 15 minutes away from the MA border and less than half an hour away from Sturbridge by car. You guys live about 90 minutes away I believe, so Worcester might be a nice meetup point. Now I just need my driver's license to get up there... >-<
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 pm

AMB wrote:
A meetup would be really cool, I live about 15 minutes away from the MA border and less than half an hour away from Sturbridge by car. You guys live about 90 minutes away I believe, so Worcester might be a nice meetup point. Now I just need my driver's license to get up there... >-<

I just mapped it, and it looks like we're about an hour's drive from the Connecticut/Rhode Island border, so if driving's an issue we can make the trek. We love hanging out with huskies and their people! Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Oh, really? If that's the case then come spring or summer time I might be able to take some trails up to the MA border (right off I-84) and meet you guys there. Very Happy

Edit: Or optionally they sometimes have "pet days" at Old Sturbridge Village, I think we might be going to one of those sometime soon, but I'm not sure. (We were going to go last Sunday but some jerk stole my mom's purse and that kind of stopped us from going.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next