It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Anyone else missing the snow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Lol, My mom always called me her sunshine girl, dreaded winter. It had to be consistently in the 90's before I'd go swimming. Amy can attest to the fact that central NY doesn't not have consistent 90 degree weather let alone 100. Florida was much, much worse heat wise and all the bugs, ugg. Here in Texas, not as many bugs, heat is dry, and this summer hasn't been above 100 for only a couple days. We actually had rain at the end of May, so we had green grass for a couple of weeks. Tomatoes are growing out of this world, and I grew me the juiciest, sweetest peaches ever. It's not so bad.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:47 am

found this pick, winter 2013, my neighbors old building in background, wish they would tear it down. But see we get snow  Very Happy 

Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 Cold_d10
Back to top Go down
thealgomasnowpuppycave
Newborn
Newborn
thealgomasnowpuppycave

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:02 am

Yes...memememe pick me. We're less than 6 months til Christmas, and only a few months until we can start fall training. Too warm for much more than ordinary walks and line out training here. That's okay because we've got quite the crew in need of said training. Wish the summer would fly by a wee bit faster!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 Dscn0410
missing snow???? this was this past sat on our hike Smile

Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:34 pm

jbealer wrote:
Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 Dscn0410
missing snow???? this was this past sat on our hike Smile

Oh I am so jealous! You get to put snow on your shoulders while I have to put on sunscreen lol.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Oh you need to be extra careful with the sunscreen on the snow, you burn so much faster! i wear a long-sleeve shirt and sweat just to not burn.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Omg I miss snow!! I sweat sooooo much!! I cant stand it. Also its been pretty humid here the last few days. But its better than when i was on vacation in SC. Not used to that kind of heat! Seriously looked like i jumped in pool when i would walk from car to room. Maybe 150feet away lol..
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Jennifer, I heard you all had snow up in the mountains, wow. I'm sure it was a welcome relief for your pups.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Renee, the pups had to stay home for this one but they will see snow again soon!

I'm heading back to PA for 2 weeks and i know im gonna die there Sad

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Jennifer,
Depends on what part of PA, when I lived in NY went to Scranton/Wilkes Barre often. That area always seemed cooler. We got some rain today, poo for Miya, can't walk or hike, hopefully later if it stops, haven't had any rain in over a month. I hate having to water my plants, we've been in a drought for almost 4 years, try to conserve water, when our house was built I instructed them to direct washer and bathroom water to go to my peach and apple trees, reclaiming the water.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Here's a shot from our hike today.
Still lots of snow in the trees on Mt. Hood.
Ski and snowboard camps are going great guns.

It was too hot for dogs- 95 in town.
I'm glad I didn't bring Bodhi.
We saw some very unhappy dogs, especially the black labs.
Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 H10
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Oh my, Michael what beautiful country. After a high of 98 early this afternoon we are down to 68, and an inch of rain, so happy with that. What do the temps run at the high end of your hikes? You said 95 in town, but it must be cooler the higher you go. Miya is pretty bored today. I'm afraid we won't even get an evening walk, unless the rain slows down.
Jennifer,
Saw some threads and pics of you and the dogs hiking and boarding, it looks like a lot of fun for all of you. Trails here, besides the lack of snow, are not nearly as high up, although inclines, are steep. I hope I used the right terms.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 pm

It's about ten degrees cooler at Timberline, which is at 6000 ft.

The sun is really intense at altitude.
Jen is right about that- sun hats and long sleeves are the rule and lots of sunscreen.
I just had multiple basal cells cut out for being an idiot when I was younger.
I would run without a shirt and never wore sunscreen.
As Robert Cray sang, "I'm Payin' For It Now."
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:29 pm

wow, 6000 ft, Don't believe anywhere that i have lived went above 2500ft, although some places in NY there are. Just read an article on a woman who trekked Antarctica by herself, she covered herself completely, except for one little hole for her mouth, so I can well imagine, there are risks, hot/cold and sun. We have a lot of mesas here, what type of skill level would be required or is it not the same? They seem straight up rather than a mountain where it's angled. I'm quite interested, especially in the fall when it cools down so I can take Miya with me for companionship.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 am

Yup - looks like a summer with no summer - back in sweats and fleece last night. High today of 60° - it was 53° when I walked the boys at midnight. And they were charging Mad Gonna' ask the son to get Mr. Archer a prong collar - otherwise, its gonna' be back to the ditches with a dislocated shoulder for me Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else missing the snow?   Anyone else missing the snow? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else missing the snow?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2