It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 am

Gosh she is just too cute! She still has a puppy face. Just a few more days until she turns 1! I never noticed the silver band around her neck until now.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 1:23 am

Love the last pic in the hiking post. The lake behind her, the view in general is breath taking. My stick pic, too funny......
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:41 am

Thank you Casey and Renee Smile she is my lil forever puppy, haha. She's such a sweetheart Smile
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:51 am

Happy Birthday, Mishka!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 am

Birthday? Birthday! Happy birthday, Mishka! Party on!

Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 12:55 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISHKA!!!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Happy Birthday Mishka!! Have a great day!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:21 pm

Awww, thank you SO much Casey, Jenn, "J", and Renee Smile I really appreciate this. So, today is Mishka's very first birthday!!! Here are a couple pics, first one is from the breeder (sorry about the quality, I took a pic from the computer screen, haha, otherwise i'd have to spend time looking for the original, second pic is Mishka now...she actually HAS grown a little!!!, haha...Im posting a few pics Ive never posted before of her on our longggggggggggg drive home from the breeder.

again, thank you all so much Smile

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 13010
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 11410

Mishka laying on my lap on the car ride home from the breeder...she looks content because she had already peed on me
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 14410

Mishka chillin in the shade on one of our pit stops (so she wouldnt pee on me again, haha) on the way home
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 15310

And Mishka finally home, laying in the driveway...she was sooooo tiny
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 17011
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:38 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! SHE WAS SO CUTE(still is!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 pm

LOL, thanks J Smile

K, this is gonna make me sound awful but I'm gonna tell the story anyways. When I went to the breeder to pick her up, she was busy with another client so she asked her daughter ( like...maybe 8 yrs old) to show me where Mishka was...she brings me over to where the puppies are and points and said mine is in there. I go in and sit down with the little girl puppy and my friend who was with me said "what's wrong Jimmy?" And I said. "This one isn't mine, mine was cuter" my friend just looked at me like i was crazy and said " dude, she's beautiful" and I said " yeah, but the one I chose was more beautiful " Embarassed I looked around and then I saw Mishka and said "THAT is my puppy" and it was!!! I knew my Mishka Wink

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 12:45 am

Jimmy, she was an adorable baby! She still is a fluff ball to! Gosh, her delicate features just scream girl to me!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:39 am

Thank you Casey! Mishka's personality is all girl too. I see a lot of Anuschka in the way she does things. There really is a distinct difference between the girl and the boy Huskies. Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Happy Birthday, Mishka! You were the cutest puppy and are now a most beautiful young lady!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Thank you so much Amy! Smile I bought her for her birthday, 5 new pieces of sod to cover the hole she and Kohdi dug in the lawn...hope she likes it!! Twisted Evil hahaha

Here are a few pics I took this morning (Iphone, sorry...I hate how dark the iphone make their coats) anyways, she looks so pretty, shes sitting up in a planter thats about 3 or so ft off the ground, haha...lil princess likes to be high up to observe the peasants i guess, lol

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 09110

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 09210

and a random pic this morning of Kohdi and Mishka trying to steal my shoe...with my foot still in it  Rolling Eyes
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 08810
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Jimmy - you just about made me spit out my coffee I laughed so hard with the birthday sod lol! I'm about to find out how much grass I have to replace this spring...the snow is melting rapidly. I sincerely hope it is not as bad as I fear No

She's a lovely princess - and picks a spot befitting her status. My prince on the other hand likes to sit perched on the full compost bay...
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 8:50 pm

LOL love the shoe stealers, great pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:51 am

amymeme wrote:
Jimmy - you just about made me spit out my coffee I laughed so hard with the birthday sod lol!   I'm about to find out how much grass I have to replace this spring...the snow is melting rapidly.  I sincerely hope it is not as bad as I fear No

She's a lovely princess - and picks a spot befitting her status.  My prince on the other hand likes to sit perched on the full compost bay...

LOL Amy Smile I admit, I'm an awful person, hahaha. But I do love these two Smile

And I feel your pain, this sod isn't cheap! I have a question for you though...before the snow and ice starts, do you do anything as far as preparing your gardens for the winter? The reason I ask is because there is a house here in the neighborhood where, at Christmas, in preparation for their children and grandchildren, have snow brought in so they will experience a White Christmas. Before the snow arrives though, they cover the yard in straw, to protect the lawn and plants. It seems to work. Just wondered if it would work in a region where it's not just a couple days of snow sitting on the yard and gets snow repeatedly for a few months.

I'm sure your prince looks stunning on his perch Wink
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:58 am

GravityM wrote:
LOL  love the shoe stealers, great pictures Smile

Hahaha, thanks J! Smile Kohdi has done this since he was a puppy, I think it's even in his first few pics in his scrapbook, haha, but this morning was the first time Mishka got in on it. It's normal on a weekend morning for me to go outside with them while they play, run around etc. but they love when I'm home, so I guess they wanted to include me in their playtime today, haha
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 am

We don't have to do anything to protect the lawn from winter - northern grasses are adapted to the cold. Also, the cold comes on gradually, not abruptly (well, sort of Laughing ).

As for plants - depending on the hardiness of the plant, some plants can benefit with an application of mulch. We have a really wet soil here so I don't tend to do much in winter - too much mulch would lead to crown rot. The thing that kills my plants, besides crown rot, is when we have a warm up in January for a few days into the 50's followed by an overnight low plummeting into the single digits or below - especially if it's a woody plant with full southern exposure and is not covered by snow. The sun and warm temperatures fool the plant (usually roses and fruit trees into thinking its spring so the break dormancy. Then the deep cold causes the sap to freeze and explodes the bark. Otherwise, deep snow cover acts as its own mulch and protects plants from rapid temperature fluctuations.

Most of my plant losses in winter have been to deer and rabbits. And I now have a solution to that! It just comes with the occasional crater in the lawn...

Ami looks like a sphinx sitting on top of the compost. Until he gets up and has used coffee grounds and onion skins hanging from his belly Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 1625187496 Once warm weather is here and the compost is thawed, I will straighten the sides and add a cover. There's some stuff in there they should not be eating. For now, I've been throwing it out with the trash.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Ahhhh, ok Amy, I thought your lawn damage was due to the snow cover...not the "cost" to keep the bunnies and deer out, LOL. Too cute Smile

I get crown rot sometimes too, only mine comes from mulching to help conserve water...sometimes the mulch does too good a job of keeping the moisture in, haha...I just have to remember to keep the mulch a few inches away from the stem/trunk of whatever plant.

This was Mishka's perch this morning on our hike...I love the way she formed her body to the rock form, haha. Several hikers took their own pics of her there, lol...they said it was too cute.
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 32010

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 32210

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 32610
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 am

Lol, the lil princess on her perch. Love it...Fantastic pics Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:22 am

Thank you Renee!!! Smile Mishka LOVES her perches.

I know, I know, I know...I post wayyyyyy too much...but...these two amuse me so much Wink 'k, this afternoon, after resting from their hikes, Kohdi and Mishka went outside to chill...Kohdi has a ball, its actually Mishka's ball and she's trying to be all slick and get it back from him.

Mishka: "Kohdi doesn't see me...Im a plant Wink"
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 Img_0110

"'k, now's my chance...he doesnt suspect a thing "
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 Img_0111

"I'll just cover his eyes so he thinks he's sleeping and.....voila!! the ball shall be mine.
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 Img_0116
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Some more Mishka mountain pics I took this morning...she looks so pretty Smile
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 03610

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 03411

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 03710

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 04010

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 04110
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:27 am

Ahh, forgot to put this in...Mishka LOVES to climb the big boulders and find a comfortable place to rest and  kinda just look around at all thats going on around her...she found a cool boulder to lay down on and I was at the foot of it kinda looking around. I see just a few feet from me what *looked* like a skin that a snake had shed, it *seemed* kinda clear but had that shimmer to it and it looked like it was all intact so I bent down to get a closer look and...a snake was still in that skin!!! a rattler too!!! didnt look happy either!! so I took a pic, LOLOL, and then very carefully got Mishka and myself the hell outta there. Heres the pic...notice the pissy face, LOL

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 37710
and one more pic of Mishka on one of her boulders Smile
Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 02910
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:51 am

Nice diamond back, luckily you noticed it was alive ahh! Lol Mishka is so cute sitting on her boulders Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook   Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mishka's (Kohdi's lil "sister") scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next