It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mom brag moment...More bragging added

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

Mom brag moment...More bragging added  Empty
PostSubject: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Not sledding related but a working moment brag

London entered her first barn hunt. It was a fun run and she actually took first place in Novice. Couldn't have been a prouder mom, especially since she's only been to one lesson

Mom brag moment...More bragging added  1410200849854_zps4969ff43

Mom brag moment...More bragging added  DSC_0148_zps63bb8426

Mom brag moment...More bragging added  DSC_0150_zpse672e11e

Last edited by amora on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm

That is very cool! Can you enlighten me though what a barn hunt actually is about?
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm

There's three tubes like the one in the picture one is empty one contains rat litter and one contains a live rat and litter.
For instinct the tubes are side by side in sight. The dog is let in the pen and has one minute to identify the correct tube that has the rat.
Novice is beginners they set up an obstacle course using bales of hay, there is a tunnel and climbs two bales high.
The three tubes are hidden among the hay in the crevices, the dog is let in they have 2 minutes to go through the tunnel a climb in which all 4 feet must make contact on the bale and locate the correct tube. London did it in 38 seconds and she did the instinct in about 20 seconds but that was my fault that I didn't call rat loud enough to stop the time
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:44 pm

That sounds pretty cool. I don't think they do that kind of stuff around here. I wish they did. Do many dogs go out for the barn hunts?

Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:46 pm

It's becoming really popular there were about 30 dogs at this one.

There's a weekend trial in October and November. We have to drive usually an hour outside of Orlando for it, you can also transfer their barn hunt titles to AKC and she also has her AKC CAT title from lure coursing
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 pm

I wasn't aware that AKC had so much other stuff that people could get involved in. That's awesome. Lure coursing? Is that like what they do with grey hounds and chasing?

Newborn
Newborn
Toadzca

Female Join date : 2014-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Congratulations! How exciting for you both Wink
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:55 pm

TwisterII wrote:
I wasn't aware that AKC had so much other stuff that people could get involved in. That's awesome. Lure coursing? Is that like what they do with grey hounds and chasing?
sighthounds race together. Other breeds go individually they have to complete the course 3 times and you have to be able to retrieve them when it stops to receive the CAT title. Then you can do more and more runs and build up different titles from there
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:25 pm

There is a lady that shows in our meet up group and she just started doing the barn hunt, i know Sierra would rock that.
congrats to London!

Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks you should look into it. It's really fun Smile if they have the prey drive they'll love it. The lady we took a lesson from said I should look into scent work. I always thought London was to much of a tard lol guess not. You can also transfer the barn hunt titles to akc too
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:16 pm

That sounds really cool!! I've never heard of it before....Congrats London!!!
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Going to need more magnets soon!! Qualified both runs today for Lure Coursing one more run and she'll have her CA title for AKC and she has 2 more runs to do tomorrow Smile

Mom brag moment...More bragging added  FB_IMG_1411238790200_zpsyt7jml2q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mom brag moment...More bragging added    Mom brag moment...More bragging added  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mom brag moment...More bragging added

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1