It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Treats while on bland diet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

treats - Treats while on bland diet? Empty
PostSubject: Treats while on bland diet?   treats - Treats while on bland diet? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:17 am

Tried to do a search and it seems most of the bland diet info is mixed in with threads of other topics. Kenzi's been having some eating and belly issues so I put her on a bland diet to help calm her digestive system down a bit, but both dogs tend to get various treats throughout the day and I wasn't sure if while on the bland diet I should end all treats or be selective about what kind to give her. I have a variety of treats from limited ingredient treats to dehydrated apples to the ever controversial Pupperonni (her favorite).

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Treats while on bland diet?   treats - Treats while on bland diet? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:51 am

It seems as though giving treats while on a bland diet would defeat the purpose of the bland diet altogether. However, with that said, there are different reasons for incorporating a bland diet and in some cases there maybe no issue using a simple, single ingredient treat. I think it ultimately depends on the dog and situation, but generally I wouldn't use treats while on a bland diet.

Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Treats while on bland diet?   treats - Treats while on bland diet? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:02 pm

I had a feeling it might be a little counter productive, just hated to break the poor dog's spirit taking them away. Perhaps substitute her treats with a whole carrot or green bean or something so she doesn't feel completely left out when Keno is getting his bedtime treat. She doesn't have the runs, just not digesting much of anything.

PostSubject: Re: Treats while on bland diet?   treats - Treats while on bland diet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Treats while on bland diet?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1