It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Dave....gsd ears are similar to a huskies, they should be up at 8 weeks, mastiff's I am not so sure they ever stand up. Sofie is on the small side, but she weighed 11 pounds at 9 weeks, so just an idea on size. He just looks too big to be gsd. Most people who see brown and black as dominate colors, just assume gsd. Time will tell, in another month or two you should get a better idea what he is mixed with. He is a cutie for sure, and there will be adjustments that Mylo will have to make, but if Miya at 3 can do it, Mylo at a little over a year can do it!! can't wait to see more of your two.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:36 pm

very cute, look like they are playing well with each other. he dose look like a mastiff mix, or even a Belgian shepherd mix from the black mussel. hard to tell right now lol.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 4:42 am

MiyasMomma wrote:
Dave....gsd ears are similar to a huskies, they should be up at 8 weeks, mastiff's I am not so sure they ever stand up. Sofie is on the small side, but she weighed 11 pounds at 9 weeks, so just an idea on size. He just looks too big to be gsd. Most people who see brown and black as dominate colors, just assume gsd. Time will tell, in another month or two you should get a better idea what he is mixed with. He is a cutie for sure, and there will be adjustments that Mylo will have to make, but if Miya at 3 can do it, Mylo at a little over a year can do it!! can't wait to see more of your two.

I can't wait for Prince to grow up, to see what he looks like more and also for Mylo's sake haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:25 pm

RedFlashFire05 wrote:
very cute, look like they are playing well with each other. he dose look like a mastiff mix, or even a Belgian shepherd mix from the black mussel. hard to tell right now lol.

Yeah they do well and they play for nearly an hour straight! The puppy lays down but Mylo goes and makes him play and also the other way around..Prince will go bother Mylo when he lays down, it's the cycle lol
And ohh I just looked up Belgian shepherd mix puppies and he does look more like that, cool.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Dave, adorable video! Prince is so cute! He is going to be huge if he was 14.5 at 8 weeks. Loki was 13 something at 8 weeks and now he's taller than my sister's GSD.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Ready for some lots of new pics and video?
(the videos are the real meat of this post, so scroll all the way down for the vids)

Since it's a new year..I was looking for a new collar for Mylo..and I found just the perfect one! It's an awesome collar, I absolutely love it. It's made of used bicycle tire tubes, some fabric with a nice design and the most unique thing about it is the airplane style buckle..oh and made right here in the USA. Got the matching leash too..I just had to share this awesome collar with you all here.

So here are some pics of Mylo with his new red/black/white striped Cycle Dog Collar and leash!

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_0910
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_0911
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_0912
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Fullsi12

Now close ups of the collar and leash
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1010
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1011

Video time! Here is a typical fun time with Mylo at the park
I had lots of fun putting this video together, Enjoy!

And lastly, a video update of Mylo and his lil friend Prince.

Ahhh man this is a huge post!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:41 pm

beautiful park, Leo usually sees that much green and wants to run for the hills lol. like the music in the videos.
very cute Mylo and Prince playing, gotta love thoughts zoomies.

beautiful collar and leash, like the design. you don't see many things made out of recycled materials that aren't bottles, i have socks made of recycled bottles they are very comfortable. your think that they would be but they feel like cotton.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : and more)
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Great pics Dave! I LOVE the collar and leash! Great design and colors. I swear Mylo is related to Kohdi, haha, their coats are so similar!

I watched the first video, great job! Love the music and the editing was awesome. Mylo walks really good! Love the part where the music stops and it's you too howling, hahaha. Second vid said I had an "error", so I couldn't watch it yet. I will though!

Edit...OMG are those two cute together!!!!!! That is awesome!!! Mylo does great with Prince!!! Too cute Smile
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 1:41 am

I love the videos! Mylo is just amazing. You two are so sweet together.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Dave, love the new collar and leash. Love Mylo's smile. I have to say from the first vid, wow you have done such a great job at training him, loose leash walking, excellent recall, and his focus on you when walking, and a good rider in the car. Pat yourself on your back, not an easy feat!! The second vid, oh my gosh, just too cute and Mylo is just so gentle with the puppy and so excited to have a buddy, again it all has to do with the great job of raising him....
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Great job with the vid! Love how Mylo interacts with you at the park and howls along with you. You can definately tell he's your baby boy. Lol

I really like the collar and leash print. He looks so handsome in his new collar and by his expression in the 2nd pic, I think he knows it too. I had a Frisbee by the same brand but unfortunately I melted it in the dishwasher No because I was too lazy to disinfect it by hand.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 3:10 pm

@RedFlashFire05
That park is my favorite for its abundant land…theres four soccer fields and a play ground in the middle of it all..I call it the Mylo park cause we go there a lot…its only five minutes away!
And Yeah my gf said "just let Mylo loose to se what he does with Prince out here" I was like okay..them boom he started running in circles and I barely caught it on camera lol And yeah the recycled construction of these collars and leashes are unique and excellent. Socks made of bottles?? never heard of that, interesting.

@Artic_Wind
Thanks! I know the video isn't awesome looking quality but it did come out exactly like I envisioned it Smile and that howling part happened perfectly by accident when I was editing, that part of the song comes down and is soft for a few seconds then comes back up so the howling was perfect there.
It was around 10pm when I caught that last part of them playing!

@caseysteffans
Thanks so much! I love my fluffy boy

@MiyasMomma
Thanks! And yeah these past few weeks we have been doing lots of loose leash playing at the park and he has been excellent, he automatically runs back to me. He prefers when I kick the ball than throw it lol And about the car riding, well he is in the car every single day! I guess he got used to being in there since he was a little pup. And yeah I was a little nervous the first few play sessions but I noticed immediately that Mylo had a natural way to be gentle I guess, he only goes overboard with biting the pup's ear but thats it. Thanks!

@redlattinville
As you can tell by now, I love howling with my boy Very Happy
He better know he looks handsome haha I love how he looks with the awesome collar.
Poor frisbee it got killed! haha

Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:36 am

Okay late..but awesome pics Dave Mylo is looking so handsom Very Happy
You do some great vids do you use a program to edit or anything like that??
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 am

@GravityM
Thankssss! Smile I have fun doing videos…I just use iMovie. Basic video editing program that is found in any apple computer and mobile device. The Mylo park video I edited on my laptop. and the second video was all completely recorded and edited from my iphone.
Back to top Go down
gretalutsen
Teenager
Teenager
gretalutsen

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:48 pm

his markings remind me of Lutsen's! He's so sweet dave!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: [Scrapbook] Mylo my boy! (03/05/2016) New pics-Mylo & Prince!    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 7:32 am

Hey guys!
Here are some of my favorite pics I've taken recently of Mylo [and Prince as well]  bounce

First, some Mylo action
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1710
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1711My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1810

Now some Mylo & Prince (Prince is 4 months old)
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1811My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1812My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1813My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Img_1910

****Now some yapping***for anyone that feels like reading, go ahead***  My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 1347041234

These two pups are so playful..Prince is growing fast and catching up to Mylo slowly.
It's also very interesting to see how different they both are as far as personality. My gf and I were talking about it earlier how we get to see a full spectrum of kind of dogs (kinda).

On one hand you got Mylo- a spoiled cat-like dog. He's sweet & snuggly when he wants to, can be bipolar at times, lazy, wags his tail sparingly but when he does you know he truly happy/excited. Sometimes I wonder if his nose actually works even though he is sniffing all the time lol.
He wasn't much of a destructive chewer as a young puppy and wasn't much of a whiny puppy either, he was a calm pup from the day we got him.

Prince (aka Prinny)- is more of a "typical" dog. He whines, barks, has chewed up furniture and foot ware, ruptured liquid filled containers, ya'll get the point lol. He wags his tail often..maybe all the time haha. He has a tendency of whining a lot in the morning (as my gf has stated). At 4 months old, he has proven to be a harder chewer than Mylo..I have passed down some of Mylos toys to him and he has killed some of them. Some of these toys Mylo has been having intact for months under his use.
But puppy behavior aside, it seems he actually uses his nose and as he grows up he will seem to be more "loyal" than Mylo.
Nothing bad towards Mylo though, he's such a husky and we love him severely. This is just pointing out things we have noticed of the two so far.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Dave! Long time no see! GREAT pics, every single one of them. Expressions on the faces of Mylo and Prince while they're playing are priceless! LOLOL . Last pic is gold Wink love that pic! Prince is catching up fast to Mylo in size!!! Wow!

Ah, and never underestimate Mylo's loyalty. Huskies show it differently but I believe their loyalty is stronger than just about any other breed.

And Dave, your entry for HOTM (take a bow) you nailed it! Your pic is the epitome of what I envisioned when I chose the theme. Good job! Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:43 pm

beautiful pictures, love the action shots. he looks like he is about to fly after the ball lol.
Prince look like is catching up very fast. love their expressions when they are playing together, that last one is very frame worth, they are very cute together.

i to have noticed that there is difference between typical dogs and husky's, its very wired how different they behave and act.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 3:04 am

Dave, great pics. Love the ball playing pics. The last 2 pics of Mylo and Prince are priceless, like Ronin said frame worthy. He is getting big (Prince) still unsure about his mix, his ears are still floppy, which I adore, but not typical to most gsd's. I do understand what you are saying about the personalities. I am not so sure if it's loyalty, but rather the husky's aloofness makes them seem less devoted, when really they are, haha. I think as they age you will understand what I mean. Sofie is like Prince, and Miya was never like Sofie or Prince. Yea she wagged her tail sometimes, sometimes got face licks, laid near me but not on me. Sofie whole body wiggles, face can be licked to death, has to touch me when she sleeps. Miya today at over 3, when she naps has to touch me, she wags her tail way more often, I get some glorious face licks. All in good time my friend, lol....
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:18 am

Artic_Wind wrote:
Dave! Long time no see! GREAT pics, every single one of them. Expressions on the faces of Mylo and Prince while they're playing are priceless! LOLOL . Last pic is gold Wink love that pic! Prince is catching up fast to Mylo in size!!! Wow!

Ah, and never underestimate Mylo's loyalty. Huskies show it differently but I believe their loyalty is stronger than just about any other breed.

And Dave, your entry for HOTM (take a bow) you nailed it! Your pic is the epitome of what I envisioned when I chose the theme. Good job! Smile

Yeah I purposely put that last pic last cause I love how they look Smile
That was a lucky shot…I had gotten out of the room to check up on them and boom I see them like that and Mylo puts up his head and I hurried, took my phone out and clicked fast for pics! Mylo looks like hes saying "why you taking pic father..why?"

Not that I'm underestimating his loyalty but I was trying to say that Prince will show it more if that makes sense. We love all of Mylo, he's our little king sunny

Thanks Jim! Looking forward to the next theme

Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 am

RedFlashFire05 wrote:
beautiful pictures, love the action shots. he looks like he is about to fly after the ball lol.
Prince look like is catching up very fast. love their expressions when they are playing together, that last one is very frame worth, they are very cute together.

i to have noticed that there is difference between typical dogs and husky's, its very wired how different they behave and act.

Thanks Ronin! They love playing like that, I need to record them fighting in slow motion some time haha and yeah that pic is precious. I've never seen them like that again since then though.

I think its fun to see their differences
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:30 am

MiyasMomma wrote:
Dave, great pics. Love the ball playing pics. The last 2 pics of Mylo and Prince are priceless, like Ronin said frame worthy. He is getting big (Prince) still unsure about his mix, his ears are still floppy, which I adore, but not typical to most gsd's. I do understand what you are saying about the personalities. I am not so sure if it's loyalty, but rather the husky's aloofness makes them seem less devoted, when really they are, haha. I think as they age you will understand what I mean. Sofie is like Prince, and Miya was never like Sofie or Prince. Yea she wagged her tail sometimes, sometimes got face licks, laid near me but not on me. Sofie whole body wiggles, face can be licked to death, has to touch me when she sleeps. Miya today at over 3, when she naps has to touch me, she wags her tail way more often, I get some glorious face licks. All in good time my friend, lol....

Thanks!
I had to get him a new ball cause the air filled one he had finally died lol so that was a test to see if he liked the ball and he approved hehe. I love seeing the two types of ears together, floppy puppy & and perked up puppy haha. It's fun to see their differences and strengths. Yesss, aloofness! Thats what I was trying to say but I totally forgot about that word. Me and my gf like to call Mylo an actor, he likes to act around being bi polar but come night time he starts showing his snuggly lovey self its like he says "alright its been fun acting through out the day, now its time to lay next to momma until I get too hot" lol Things that make Mylo's tail wag the most- Chicken Soup, grilled chicken, the occasional merrick canned food, and when his momma gets back home from work.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:34 am

Dave, you've been MIA!
Awww such great pics!! Prince is adorable and looks like a great companion to Mylo. Your pack is growing now. I agree with Renee that huskies are pretty aloof. I see it in Red too. When my husband comes home, she always does the zoomies for him but never for me. She will continue laying on the couch and hanging her head off the side when I come home. But once I'm home, she always follows only me all over the house from room to room. She absolutely hates being hugged or snuggled but when my husband and I are hugging only each other, she goes bonkers and will start her woo woo wooing and tries to get in between us by jumping or wedging herself between our legs. I loooove the last pic of Prince cuddling right on Mylo. Mylo perks his head up like you caught him in the act of being affectionate to the new little pup! lol
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Wow, Prince has grown! That last picture is so cute! Mylo just has the sweetest expressions.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm

I've been on the forum but just been skimming through cause I've been busy and if I start commenting on one thread I will start commenting on more lol but I'm good again now so I will comment away!
But yeah these two are crazy play pals
And about the aloofness, that reminds me of when I've been gone for a while, Mylo will just walk up to see and be like oh hey what's up father but when it's my gf he will wag his tail a bit and stretch for her and do a soft "wooo" lol but I take that as a male dog loves female thing haha This reminds me of something similar to the you and your husband hugging...sometimes my gf and I slow dance for fun and Mylo will get all inbetween us and stuff it's hilarious.
Thanks about the last pic! I wasn't expecting so much love for that pic but I'm glad I cought it cause I was like this is gonna be a perfect ending pic for my next scrapbook update hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next