It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Leo's first garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 pm

i cut the fig and we shared it, my niece dose figs so just cut into 4 peaces. we got lucky with our tomatoes; the shadow of the fence shads them in the afternoon.

are garden usually starts to die down around late August to early to mid November. since its been warmer then last year the tomatoes are still going Laughing and the kale is growing really nice too, but most of the fruit trees and bell pepper plants have almost finish. we got about four guava fruits i need to get a good picture of them soon. oh, my mom passion fruit plant has one fruit growing. and the chayote vine has lost of fruits on it this year but no super spiky ones yet.

wow, cactus fruit lemonade that sounds tasty. i need to find a recipe to make some next year if we have lots of fruit again. i cut them and roll them on the grass to get all the thorns out. then you cut the top an bottom off and cut down middle and peal it open using tongs. you unroll it as you peal. i usually just peal and eat them.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 3:11 pm

some current garden pics.
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8510
passion fruits have is such a weird looking flower.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8511
we have 2 fruits growing, i hope that they will be ready before the first frost.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8410
we got a few guavas growing under the front porch and they are very good tasting and they smell really good.

we still have a few chills plants still growing.
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8413

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8414

3 out of 6 kale plants survived hehe. i guess the slugs got them. i sprinkled food grade daiotatious earth on the ground and it got ride of them.
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8412

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8415
this i think is the last fruiting tomato plant left.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8411
this is underneath the chayote vine, this vine is huge this year.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_8416
it got onto our gazebo hehe.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Passion Fruit flower is pretty cool looking, reminds me a little of an octopus, lol. I love your garden pics, you have so much variety.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Very nice pics...and wonderful garden! My tomato plants gave up the ghost with the snow last week. Everything but the last 3 purple cabbages and the brussels sprouts are dead Sad
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptySat May 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Collag13
some of the flowing trees in the back yard.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Csbrl_10
more flowers in the yard.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_0710

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_0810

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_0911

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_0910

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_0912

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1011

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1010

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1211

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1210

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1212

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1213

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1215

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1214

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Garden10
we eventually got the garden cleaned up and planted but the snails got some of the plant and the weather was to hot after we planted and some of them didn't make it. so i replanted the ones that died.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptySat May 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1216
this year more of the cherries actually stayed.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1217
this was after i replanted the ones that died and add some watermelon plants ill try ant take better pictures.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1218
we also moved most of the sunflowers to this spot.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1110
the tomatoes are doing really well.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1111
we got some small tomatoes at last.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptySun May 14, 2017 11:51 am

Looks good, Ronin. My tomatoes are baby seedlings with their first true leaves, still under lights. And the way the weather is going, might drown when played out in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptySun May 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Wow, you have quite the garden going on! Love that yellow rose with red splotches. I planted a peach tree a few months ago, it's starting to get leaves. My tomatoes I just got in the ground last weekend so not anywhere near where yours are, lol. Your garden looks great!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 10:09 pm

we had a hail storm back in march so all the flowers on one of the apricots fell and the ones on the lemon tree.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 pm

here are the plants i put into the garden after the strange weather and snail/lug attacks  Laughing .
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1313
i planted an eggplant.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1311
a watermelon.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1310
a squash.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1410
and a cucumber.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1513
our raspberries is doing very well.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1510
this year the blueberry is gives us so many fruits.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1611

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1614
we usually get a hand full of blueberries ever few days.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1511
we had to move our peach tree into the garden cause leo likes to eat them went they are green Shocked . but he doesn't seem to be eating them now that in the garden.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1610
our cherry tree did amazing this year we got a handful of cherries compared to last year we had 3 of them. Laughing

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1613
our first sunflower opened.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1710
some nice flowers not sure what kind of flowers.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1814
this one was interesting as the were growing in the same pot.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1810
our butterfly plat had its first flowers.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1812
we have some fig fruit growing at last.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1811
looks like all the figs are fruiting this year.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1813
our tomato plats are doing amazing.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1815
we also added a sunshade to the garden since the temperatures have been up in the 100s. they are all doing well.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1816
the squash has flowers, wooohoo.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1818
and the cucumber plant his doing well and flowering too.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_1817
this is the only giant sunflower that grow in the garden. i'll try and see if i can get a picture of the flower when they open.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 pm

I try every year to grow eggplant from seed and they always give me trouble. It's my problem child. That and the birds took all my blueberries. I've never had them take them all.

Did you order your sunshade or just find it in a store? I've been thinking about getting some shade cloth but get a little frazzled when I get to trying to decide what percents sun block I want to do. Been thinking about hitting the fabric store and just making something.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 am

Wow, your garden is doing awesome! I picked my first two tomatoes today Smile forget the variety but they look a lot like Romas. How old is your peach tree? I recently planted one, it's lost all its leaves. Not sure if it's a water issue, or soil or...being peed on (not by me, lol) Kohdi seems to think it's a pee stick put there by me to mark where he is to pee Rolling Eyes

Flowers are really pretty. Hard to judge what size they are but if they're not as big as they look in the pics, they look like a flower I have, not sure what it's called but I remember someone in here calling them Stargazers or something like that.

Garden looks great Ronin
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 4:34 pm

we got the sunshade fabric at the local hardware store and just shade the length of the garden.it was called Easy Gardener Residential Shade Fabric they sell it by the foot. we got about 20 feet. it still let light in but its not as strong.

our peach tree is about 3 years old. i think its the shock of the plant been moved to a new spot and someone peepee on it hehehe. you can give it a bit of extra water to help. we usually have to do that with the apple tree the is in a pot since Leo likes to pee it.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2011
we got some almonds. i have to keep an eye on them so leo doesn't eat them.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2012
we finally have some pomegranates this year that stated although it didn't help that Leo was eating the flowers  Laughing .

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2010
we finally got some flowers blooming on our small bell pepper.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2112
the watermelon is still slow growing.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2111
this was after we put up the sunshade.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2110
one of the guavas has flowers.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2113
the gardenia has a flower at last it smells so nice.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2114
the eggplant has one flower she are so cool and purple. so far its been loving the shade that we put up.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2115
the huge sun flower has its small Flowers opened.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2212
this is another one of the butterfly plants that we have it finally had flowers they are some tiny flowers but looks so cool.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2210
this sunflower has some huge leaves with tiny flowers and its very tall.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2211
the peach tree is doing very good Leo was smelling them to see if they were ready had to tell him not yet.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2310
we got some nice tomatoes for some salsa.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2312
the plums are almost ready.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2311
we also have 2 cactus fruits grown.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2510
the guava tree finally has its first flowers.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2410
a cucumber is growing.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm

its been a wail but here are some garden pics.
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2512
we finally got a cucumber growing woohoo.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2511
the squash has a flower.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2711

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2810
both of the hibiscus flowers have also bloomed finally now that its almost the end of august. but at least i got to see them flower.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_2710
we also got luck and the pomegranate trees we have around the yard had some fruit stay on the tree this year.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3010
this is a very cool colored fig growing on the tree. we had some yellow figs but we eat them before i took a picture of them  Laughing .

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3011
this is the biggest sunflower we had in the garden this year
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3110
and my moms favorite flower the grand duke.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 4:46 pm

some pics form September.
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3210
this was the other butterfly plant which is yellow but sometimes it has different kinds of yellows or other collars.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3311
hibiscus flower are so beautiful.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3310
we got about 3 strawberry guavas from our tree this year i hope that we get a few more next year. we might have to cover them of hail next time.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3410
our other hibiscus also flowered but it happens later then i expected.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3511
we also got a few more lager guavas from our tree in the front yard not sure what variety it is though.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3510
we have has is plant for a few years not sure if it a type of furn, but this is the first time i have seen it flower. it looks very cool.

i'll update the yard project soon.
Back to top Go down
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

Female Join date : 2017-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Oh to live in an area where i could grow like this.... Everything looks amazing and tasty, great job!

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Everything looks so beautiful, Ronin. I have one of those fern things too, I never planted it, just showed up and grows thru an evergreen on the side of my driveway. Does yours have little thorns on it? Mine does.
Back to top Go down
IamtheAlpha
Puppy
Puppy
IamtheAlpha

Female Join date : 2017-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Wow! You have a lovely and a delicious garden. I am so jealous! I can't wait until we have our own place with a yard and get to do all the things you do. Plus also have space for 'Kota and Kuky to roam around.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 7:19 pm

thanks, we try. so far we haven't had any eggplants yet those aphids are heard to get ride of. fern thing dose have thorns but they change depending on what it need to climb. its so wired. we have it in a pot and we split it into two plants cause it was getting to big for the pot.
the hard part is balancing out space for leo to run and the plants and the comprise between the my mom. brother and me.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Collag10
we finally have finish leveling and cleaning up the old grass.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3610
the kale is still growing nicely.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3710
the saffron plants have started to grow too.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3810
the tomatoes are almost done for the year.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3611
the eggplant is still doing well but has not produced any eggplants.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3910
some roses from the front yard.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3811
we finally have some chili peppers

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3911
yay, we still have hibiscus flowers blooming.

the saffron plants growing.
Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3915

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3913
the first purple flower starting to grow.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3914
eventually the rest of them started to show.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_4010
then they finally opened.

Leo's first garden - Page 4 Img_3912
this guaba is getting really big, i hope it starts to turn yellow soon. its started to get down to 40 degrees at night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo's first garden   Leo's first garden - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo's first garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next