It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Leo's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Ohh nooooo!! Poor little Leo Sad he needs to recover now!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 5:18 pm

redlattinville wrote:
Awww poor Leo! Hope he gets better soon. Is he showing any signs of pain at all? By the way, I showed Leo's pic to my husband and he says Leo is gorgeous. He's got the most innocent and sweetest looking face.

none, he started limping only after he fell, he got better after a week of rest and by then it was time for a trip to the dog park, unfortunately he stepped into a hole made by a leekly sprinkle as he was running and might have pull or over stretched the same leg he fell on. then he ran into the corner of the bamboo box wail he was investigating the gopher activity (same leg again) Crying or Very sad .
so far he seem to be returning to his old self again Very Happy , and still on his meds for a few more days.
thanks guys.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Is his limited exercise and stuff from now on forever, or just while he heals, Ronin? Poor guy Sad I always worry about mine slipping on the floor, Mishka will do these power slides to get away from Kohdi and sometimes her momentum is just too much and she will slide right into cabinetry and a curio cabinet
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Is his limited exercise and stuff from now on forever, or just while he heals, Ronin? Poor guy Sad I always worry about mine slipping on the floor, Mishka will do these power slides to get away from Kohdi and sometimes her momentum is just too much and she will slide right into cabinetry and a curio cabinet

the vet was not very helpful, it just seemed like he was more confused then we were. didn't give us mush info other then what not to do with him and told us that "if he were a lead dog on a sled team he need to be retired".
Crying or Very sad , make me mad Evil or Very Mad that he didn't tell us how to help keep his hind end in shape to keep his hips in the best possible condition to keep the muscle strong.
he also said he might have arthritis by the age of 6 but even he wasn't sure. i guess it still up in the air as to what will happen.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 5:44 pm

now, just been doing a lot of reading about loose hips, not much test out there that test loose hips and x rays along with breed and combine the information for more accurate result. all i found was that some breed of dogs have loose hips then others but not all will develop hip issues.
i'm going to stick with his exercise that i read about to help him keep those muscles in shape, and keep him as healthy as possible and happy.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Maybe get a second opinion, Ronin. You might get more answers with a different vet. I am impressed with the way you took initiative on finding out what things you could do to help Leo, I don't think I would have known where to even start. Hope Leo feels better from the fall soon. His pictures are just so sweet. Smile
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:09 pm

I would agree with Jimmy on this one and search out abother vet for a second opinion. Your vet is supposed to be able to give alternatives on what activities Leo can do rather than allowing you to leave the clinic with less info the when you entered. Hope your boy heals up though, sending lots of healing hugs over to him!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 pm

thanks, I'm definitely looking or another vet for a seconded opinion many be in a few months save up for a PennHIP exam, I've started look for a vet in the area that can do this test, from what i have read so far its a bit more accurate and the test is done in a kneeling position for a more natural view of what the joint looks like then they give each hip a grade depending on the looseness and at three different views as well as factoring in breed type for the best results possible. the harder part will be finding a well reputable veterinary clinic that is trust worthy.
here's the link, its a good read.
http://info.antechimagingservices.com/pennhip/navigation/general/what-is-PennHIP.html

he is feeling much better he has started his gopher madness again lol.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 3:17 am

Oh no poor Leo Sad I have no idea how but I seem to have missed a bunch of pictures! Anyways Leo is so handsome I love his eyes and his coat such a nice colour! He always seems to have a smile!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:14 am

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye11
happy Easter. sunny
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 4:17 am

So cute! I love the bandana! Smile
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 10:32 am

That is adorable!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 am

Ooooo Leo's pic makes ME want to go "woo woo woo!" He is so darn cute. In some angles, Red's mask makes her look like she's aggressive but Leo always looks like a sweet softie I love you He looks nice in his new bandana too.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Leo's first Husky meetup on Saturday, it was a bit overwhelming for him, cause at the dog park in lathrop there's usually between 5-8 dogs at a time in it, so abut 23 dogs was a bit much for him to take in. he did really well.
Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye15

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye14

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye17

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye13

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye19

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye16

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye22

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye20

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye18

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye21

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye24

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye25

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye23
he was so tired that he almost didn't make it to the car, lol.
i'll see if i have a few more pics of the meetup, need to wait for the battery to charge lol.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:49 pm

here's a few more random picks of some of the huskies and their people.
Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6324
this guy was the husky /malamute mix, he was very cool looking.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6322

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6320

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6323

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6321

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6319

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6325
some of the huskies found dirt in the boxes back there and started a digging frenzy. Laughing

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Img_6326
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Sundays Easter egg hunt, he did need help finding 2 of them, but he did manage to open at least one Laughing  by himself.
Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye29

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye30

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye28

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye27

this was Monday he was enjoying the cold wind we had.
Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye31

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye32
then he insisted on having someone(me or my brother at one point) hold the umbrella to he could dig for the gopher so he wouldn't get wet wail it was raining for a bit lol! .

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Omg look at all them fluffy pups!! Leo was in husky heaven Smile
What a great experience for him and you too. Gotta love that tired in the car pic.
Awwww so he did open one by himself what a champ, and I just like seeing sleeping Leo in the grass
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:00 pm

LOVE all the huskies pics! The Malamute mix looks almost exactly like a wooly husky!

Easter egg hunt is a very cool idea, I should have done that for mine. Last pic says it all Ronin...Leo is one spoiled husky Razz thats awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:55 pm

gopher madness has returned  lol! .
Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye36

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye34
it was popping out over here again.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye35
or maybe over here Suspect .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye33
after all that hard work  Shocked  Laughing , he took a brake for water. after i rinsed his muddy paw gloves Wink Laughing .

i also found more exercises for Leo to help strengthen his hind end. here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28M1BaBv-Bo
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 2:27 am

Haha Leo is so cute! Looks like a fun hunt!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Yay Mr.Gopher is back! These muddy Leo pics are funny, I love that 2nd one..thats one determined pup
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:57 pm

thanks, the husky meet was fun. he was a bit jumpy cause he's not use to all the husky noises  Laughing . the gopher sticks his head out he just stars at it and then pounces and it just goes back into the hole and then pops out some where else Suspect  Laughing .

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye41
he turned a 1 year and 11 months today. and he was doing much better.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye40
he played some fetch/keep away with his crinkle fishie toy.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye42
he did some morning zoomies.

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye39

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye38

Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Leo_ye37
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 11:48 pm

Happy puppy! sunny I love his coloring, he's so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:05 am

Haha Leo looks so happy! He is such a cutie!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:10 am

Really nice pictures, Ronin I love you I especially like the "ostrich" one, head in dirt, butt in the air!

YOu mentioned exercises for Leo's hind end - does he have problems there? Those zoomy pics, he looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo's Scrapbook   Leo's Scrapbook - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next