It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Nice yarn work! Awwww reddy looks so cute on that last pic Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks guys!
Ever since I got those fleece blankets, Red has been trying to hide her treats under the blankets and eat them there. Or she will try to stuff the blankets into the crevices of the couch. Not sure what that's all about..

I would love to make her a heart necklace but she tried to chew it just when I put it on her...lol thinks it's a treat.

Here she is modeling the Christmas light garland I just finished a few mins ago. She has the face of an unwilling participant!

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20151239

Hope eveyone had a Merry Christmas yesterday! I just finished snapping her 9 month comparison pics last night. I just have to put all the shots together with her 6 month pics that are on the desktop computer and hopefully I can get them loaded on here next week.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:48 pm

she is very cute nice lights lol.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks Ronin. With that expression of hers, I don't think she feels the same though!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:46 am

Oh my goodness, that's a Christmas card pic right there! Red looks amazing in that shot and those "Christmas lights" are just too cool!!! You did that?! They're awesome! How long did that take you? I might have to hire you to make me some! LOLOL , I think it'd make a cool little collar/necklace type thing...or sewed onto a scarf! That'd be cool!!!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Thank you Jimmy! I'll have to keep that in mind when I do pics next year! I'm trying to make some mini stocking ornaments but my first one came out kinda ugly...lol maybe I'll do a stocking garland for Red's xmas pic. The lights took me maybe 3 days working on and off for about 2-3 hrs at a time??? I have a hard time sitting down and doing a project from start to finish in 1 day so I normally split things out. This was my first time crocheting so thank you YouTube for the tutorials (and for giving me carpal tunnel).I should crochet Red a Santa body suit...she would hate that so much but it could work as an ugly xmas sweater for dogs! You can hire me for that too haha! I do like the idea of a necklace but I'll have to not make it dangle too much cause Red would chew it up. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 pm

redlattinville wrote:
This was my first time crocheting so thank you YouTube for the tutorials (and for giving me carpal tunnel).

That garland is really cool - and I love how the the grout color in the floor echoes Red's color!

Several of my sisters knit and crochet - I did a bit a long, long time ago. I wanted to do something a couple of years ago and my husband went ballistic - something about my joints and when (not "if" ) I ended up with carpal tunnel syndrome, don't come running to him for tx. And then, muttering about the "stupidist thing I ever heard.." Sigh. Old age sucks, in some ways...

So I'll just look at your lovely projects and enjoy vicariously lol!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:01 pm

redlattinville wrote:
Thank you Jimmy! I'll have to keep that in mind when I do pics next year! I'm trying to make some mini stocking ornaments but my first one came out kinda ugly...lol maybe I'll do a stocking garland for Red's xmas pic. The lights took me maybe 3 days working on and off for about 2-3 hrs at a time??? I have a hard time sitting down and doing a project from start to finish in 1 day so I normally split things out. This was my first time crocheting so thank you YouTube for the tutorials (and for giving me carpal tunnel).I should crochet Red a Santa body suit...she would hate that so much but it could work as an ugly xmas sweater for dogs! You can hire me for that too haha! I do like the idea of a necklace but I'll have to not make it dangle too much cause Red would chew it up. Evil or Very Mad

Time-wise that's pretty good!!! No? They look like they took a longgggg time, they are just awesome. The colors really pop with Red's coat!

Yes, I didn't mean a dangly necklace, more of a collar type thing. I just bought my two Christmas scarves for next years pics (they were half price cuz Christmas is over, haha) they look ADORABLE in them but I'm thinking they may be a bit small, Mishka's kept popping off (these two have fluffy necks, LOLOL) but seeing your garland makes me think a snipit of them sewn onto a scarf would be super cool and very Christmasy, and with husky coats everything would just POP!

Great job Amanda Smile
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Amy, I totally understand the thing about age. I unfortunately inherited almost all of my parents' bad genes and I have aches and pains everyday. Crying or Very sad boy...what I'd give to be a teen again! About the grout, I initially thought it was just dirty when we bought the house so I steam moped it like a mad woman...but alas I guess it was made that color on purpose! Lucky for us, when we were (and still are) potty training Red, she would only have an accident in the kitchen where it's tiled and not on the wood floors! This only happens if we don't hear her ring the bell but on occasion I think she does it just to spite us..!

Jimmy, I think I should just hire you to give me compliments! Lolol I already got Red her Christmas present for next year ad well since it was a holiday themed ginormous rope toy.....love them sales! You could probably add an extension to the scarf if it's too small with some scrap fabric Smile or if you have two, sew those two together to make one larger scarf and then get a second scarf in a larger size. As for the garland, I went a bit nuts with the xmas items that were on sale and I got some sequins to sew on the garland to add a touch of sparkle. I'm going to so the same when I make one for Red to wear next year. Girl's gotta have her bling!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:40 pm

I just walked by and randomly threw her new blanket on her and here she just pops her face out.

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20151243
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20151242
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:17 am

Hahaha, she is SO cute. I see Red has her own recliner/throne Wink
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:42 am

Weeeelllllllll....technically that spot she's occupying is really my spot but she seems to have claimed that side of the couch as hers. I find that she likes to perch right on the armrest sometimes and then just hang her entire face down for about 5-10 minutes at a time staring right at the floor.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:07 am

Ahhhh Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 1625187496 my bad, I thought it was a recliner, only cuz I didn't see the rest of it. I'm stoopit, lol. My two always occupy "my" spots...I like to think of it as they are only trying to keep it nice and warm for me til I get back, hahaha. My two do the floor stare, sometimes upsides down, from the bed, haha.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Ok I finally got around to putting together Red's 3, 6 and 9 month comparison pics. I stayed up way into the AM hours on a work night doing this on my tiny cell phone...so tired. Some of these are repeat pics from when I first started this scrapbook. My husband is of course, wearing practically the same outfit in the different months...I noticed this as I was compiling the pics. Red didn't change too much between the 6 and 9 months with the exception of getting a little thicker in her chest area.

Her expression in the 3rd frame (9 month) is priceless!
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar13

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar14

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar15

She was a tank to pic up in her 9 month pic. My back almost inverted just waiting for the hubs to get the darn pic. I think for her 1 yr pic I will do it sitting down!
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar16

No such thing as modesty in a dog's world.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar21

She looks like a little pot belly piggy in her 3 month pic.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar20

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar22
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 12:05 am

Red showing us how to do the (bunny) squat properly.Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20151247

Modeling some fur-cessories.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20151248

Enjoying one of her xmas presents.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Picsar23

Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 974710
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 12:08 am

Another cold night. ..must cuddle with my blankie!Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20160112
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 12:52 am

Amanda, I love these compilation pics, it shows Red's transformation so well. The last 3 sets of pics of Red and your husband tells a much bigger story than just her growing size wise, it tells a beautiful tale of a sweet bond (not enough pics of you and Red, haha, otherwise I would comment more. She just blocks most of you, surprised you could pick her up at 9 months, lol)...anyways, at 3 months they both just seem ok with each other, at 6 months it's like they are warming up to each other and then the 9 months it's like yup he's my dad and we have fun Smile It's something for you two to treasure. Love the last pic of her and her blankie.
Back to top Go down
dohers10
Newborn
Newborn
dohers10

Male Join date : 2015-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 1:58 am

That pic of her and the blanket is awesome, great pics, she is a beauty Smile!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 11:49 am

Hahha thanks! I love covering her with the blankie as it makes her look like she's all cozy. She would rather bury her face/treats in the blankie than be wrapped in it though.

Most of the pics are of Red and the hubby because he takes terrible photos and grumbles if he has to play photographer. So I'm usually the one behind the camera...lol trust me when I say I almost was not able to pick Red up at 9 months. My arms were trembling just waiting for my husband to take the pic. I think that's as close as I'll ever get to doing weight lifting. Most of the 3 month pics were taken on her 1st day home so I think she was just getting used to the new environment. ...it's funny how she looks like she's just glaring at the camera in this early pics while wondering who is this strange person thing holding her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Really great pics Amanda , i really like Red's mask Smile her eyes are obviously blue but there are some pics where they look amber, like in her 9 month pics you see her blue and you see her with amber, haha, I know it's just lighting but it's cool how the light blue can pick up the lighting like that. Very pretty girl. Love the bunny squat pic Smile
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Thank you Jimmy Razz I like the little white areas right above her eyes because it makes it look like she has eye lids like a person. You can see it most clearly in the pic where I put hair clips on her head. In her left eye near the rim of the lower portion of the iris, there is a small bit where it's brown. Not sure if that qualifies as a parti eye since you really can't see it unless you're looking for it and are in good lighting. My mom told me today she thinks Red looks like a boy affraid lol and when people meet her for the first time theY almost always assume boy! My husband's mother keeps referring to Red as a "he" also....*sigh* poor girl.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Oh yeahhh, I can see that! How cool is that!

Funnily enough, Kohdi often gets called "she" LOL, so don't feel too bad. Wink
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Awwwwww pretty Reddy girl I love the growth comparison segments, so fun to see and the bunny squat and blankie pics are too cute lol

And I can relate to the people think red is a male thing....99% of the time people assume little Mylo is a girl...I always go ummm he's a boy and his name is Mylo yeah he's undersized but he's happy and healthy, he's all boy! Haha

And really @Artic_Wind? Interesting, Kohdi is a big boy and I would automatically assume he's a boy if I barely saw him
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 10:55 pm

@David, your Reddy Red name is contagious. I find myself calling her that sometimes!!

It's kinda funny how people just assume boy or girl without asking. I know "Red" is the type of name that could go either way but Kohdi and Mylo definately sound masculine!! Not sure how that can get mixed up! Even with Red's purple collar, purple leash and rose colored harness, Red is apparently still a boy to some folks. At some point I just stop correcting them and let them have their moment. Maybe I should permanently dress her in a skirt and bonnet?
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Blurry pic taken a couple months ago. ALL GIRL! LOL.Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 20151131
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next