It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 am

I am sorry, but I really hate PetLand.

That is all. I will stop getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 am

@Megan

Lol. I agree completely but seeing as its the only Pet Supply store, or franchise, within about 45 miles then I don't have much to choose from. Actually there is a Bert but I think I dislike that place even more.
Back to top Go down
ashley&belukha
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

I just started feeding Belukha Annamaet Manitok. Anyone have any opinions on this? I did quite a bit of research and found nothing but good things to be said about the company.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

I feed Taste of the Wild to my crew. I've been very pleased it works for my sensitive allergy prone girl and keeps my working dogs in great shape. I also like that it's becoming more accessible in our area without giant price jumps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 pm

I do a cup NRG optimum Dhydrated and 2-3 cups of taste of the wild. I was doing raw but I got lazy going to get meats. I do have a larger breed dog than husky so she gets more cups of food.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 pm

ashley&belukha wrote:
I just started feeding Belukha Annamaet Manitok. Anyone have any opinions on this? I did quite a bit of research and found nothing but good things to be said about the company.

Dr. Tim is that you? LOL just picking on you, but yeah it is rated as a 5 star food from:

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/annamaet-grain-free-dry/

Only thing that bugs me on it and lately so many other highly rated foods is the potato. Its just a personal reason of my though as my previous Malamute, Mylo, had an extreme aversion to white potato to the point of vomiting. In kibble I'm sure it has been pulverized to blend with the other ingredients so I think your okay. Suppose to be a good source of carbs but like corn or rice low in nutrients. If Belukha trives on it then stay on it.

(Sweet potatoes are a much better carb source. Just my What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 2144500265 from experience.)
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm

I currently have Kale on Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost Chicken kibble, and am pretty impressed with the quality. I think I finally found a brand that I want to stick with! lol Might incorporate the Instinct Raw bites at some point. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
DarkWolfProwler
Puppy
Puppy
DarkWolfProwler

Female Join date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Being in Misawa, we don't really have a good selection of dog food. Bandit used to eat Science Diet: Sensitive Skin. Then we moved him to Science Diet something about Healthy Diet or something... But Misawa stopped carrying them both in large bags! And then we heard good things about Nutro For Large Breeds, so now Kira and Bandit eat the same food. When we get to the states and can actually get food from PetSmart or PetCo, they will be on much better food!
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
I am sorry, but I really hate PetLand.

That is all. I will stop getting off topic.

I agree with you there Megan. At a moment of weakness we bought Oliver (miniature schnauzer) from them. Before his 2nd birthday he has developed catracts.

Now my question for the food gurus, Loki just turned 11 months old how soon would you recommend switching from BBW puppy to the adult formula? For his birthday I thought I would give him a treat like a fillet of salmon, how many ounces would you recommend.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 am

I'm not sure about switching him over yet or not. With Ava, I always fed an "all life stages" food, so I never really worried about it. I'm sure someone else will know though. The salmon fillet will be an awesome treat for him, but just make sure to cook it! Salmon is one of the only things that you shouldn't feed raw. Size-wise, I dunno, but Ava is fond of the frozen ones that come pre-portioned, so I've never thought about portioning it myself.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 am

ACK! Our favorite food company went out of business! We've been feeding Zero G by Darford the past few months after getting off of Nature's Variety Prairie and they just went into receivership! Sad So sad, we were happy to be feeding a healthy, completely North American based food made in Canada, that also support dog rescue.

It was a great low glycemic food rated highly. We were going to move back to Acana (which we tried after Nature's Variety) but the pet store recommended Zignature (also highly rated) which is also low glycemic (uses peas instead of other starches). We had a sample that they went nuts over, so bought a bag. Pups love it so far! It's only a 4 1/2 star food vs a 5 star food on Dog Food Advisor and the amount of peas is a little high, so we're still shopping around.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 am

Chili's test results still aren't look good so I'm looking to make him as healthy as possible with great food and filtered water. We just started transitioning to the new food but I wanted something closer to a raw diet so we're trying The Real Meat Company Chicken, which is like Ziwi Peak but made locally here in LA. Gets great reviews, has great ingredients. A little expensive but nothing but the best for the little guy right now.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 am

Ziwipeak is the best thing I've ever fed besides raw. I didn't regret paying $130 monthly for one dog at all when I fed it, it was the only thing Koda could stomach for about a year! I'm jealous you have someone local who makes a similar food.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Heather! wrote:
Ziwipeak is the best thing I've ever fed besides raw. I didn't regret paying $130 monthly for one dog at all when I fed it, it was the only thing Koda could stomach for about a year! I'm jealous you have someone local who makes a similar food.

I don't think it even costs that much to feed me every month! affraid I do love Ziwipeak but no way could I feed it exclusively!

Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm

When it was the only thing that kept your dog from getting sick and keeping weight on, you make dues. Koda couldn't even digest raw properly at that time.
Back to top Go down
tiffany
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:20 pm

My dogs are on TOTW with some raw here and there. Keno has to have additional zinc in his diet due to the ZRD, so he mainly gets salmon and right now fresh deer livers. Izzy can't do the salmon due to it causing crystals in her urine so she gets the other flavors or Origen.

I wish we had the money to feed them ziwipeak, but the cost just isn't feasible with us. We do hope once we move and have room for a freezer, to transition them all to raw, but that wont be for atleast another year.
Back to top Go down
Squidhead
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Haven't read through all these yet. Just found and joined today. I am feeding new baby pup about 85% Purina Puppy Chow Healthy Morsels mixed with 15% Blue Buffalo "Freedom" - (Grain Free)- The breeder was using the Purina so I am in transition to BB Freedom solely.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Squidhead wrote:
Haven't read through all these yet. Just found and joined today. I am feeding new baby pup about 85% Purina Puppy Chow Healthy Morsels mixed with 15% Blue Buffalo "Freedom" - (Grain Free)- The breeder was using the Purina so I am in transition to BB Freedom solely.

BB is a pretty good food, most people will suggest Wilderness but because it has chicken in the puppy food it may upset your pups stomach, so Freedom is a good way to go. Welcome to the forum by the way, come introduce yourself and your pup in the welcome mat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Heather! wrote:

Thanks! It's local but sold nationwide : http://www.realmeatpet.com/ $70 for the bag of chicken vs $130-ish for Ziwipeak. Looks like the closest to you is still a little far?
http://realmeattreats.com/locator/results_list.php?zip=&distance=+10+&state=CO&city=&name=&category=&products=&showonly=US&tab=US

I wish I could get the preground raw stuff Kristina has!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Blue Ridge Beef is the best - easily the best. But, its not easy to find.

How about Oma's?

http://www.omaspride.com/distributors.html

I have fed it with great results and they have quite a bit in CA. It also allows for variety and way more affordable than Ziwi
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm

That looks really good, Megan! I checked CA but the only one close by us is a breeder that's a couple hours from here. Sad I'll keep that link and keep checking!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh blah, I can't do chicken anyways. I only feed red meat usually as Ro is allergic to chicken and Koda does not maintain weight on white meat. Raw is affordable for us, but it's a PITA when we are on the go!
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 am

I have a 1 yr old Alaskan husky, a 1.5yr old black lab, a 2yr old pitbu/dingo, a 4 yr old Staffy/boxer, and a 4yr old pit mix at my house. We feed the Kirkland Natures Domain salmon and brown rice. I worked at a high end kennel, run by an IWS breeder, and she fed the boarding dogs Kirkland lamb, or chicken, and her own dogs Natures Domain or Avoderm. IMO the Natures Domain is great. We feed all dogs 2 cups 2x a day, and they maintain their weights and healthy active lives.
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm

The breeder was giving Kavik Sportmix puppy food so I went out and bought it. The only place I could find it was at a feed store in gigantic quantities. His stool is normal in quality and quantity, and has only been mushy a couple times. Though he has some atomic gas on this stuff. I'm not sure about what I should graduate him to when he gets older.

The only thing I ever noticed significant food wise was when Jewel was doing poorly in her last year and couldn't keep anything down. I started her on Blue Buffalo Wilderness and she was able to eat the various flavors with success.
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 am

my breeder was feeding yuki Purina puppy chow, so I bought a huge bag at the Sam's club for cheap so he's still on that. When the bag is nearly gone I plan to switch to blue. I was going to do totw; however, I can't find a store around my house that sells it on a regular basis.

So for now, Purina then blue. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next