It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Wiz the office husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CloverField
Puppy
Puppy
CloverField

Female Join date : 2017-11-15

Wiz the office husky Empty
PostSubject: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 pm

So the vet office I work at has been giving physical therapy to this husky named Wiz for like 7 months or so, he's almost 2 years old now. He was coming to us Monday-Friday to work on his legs since his owner "doesn't have the time". Wiz was born with bilateral luxating patellas and had his surgery a little late and didn't end up getting the right physical therapy immediately after the surgeries since hurricane Irma hit between the two and again, the owner didn't have the time. So Wiz still has messed up legs, but still has all the energy of a puppy. Recently the owner decided he wasn't going to be bringing Wiz to us anymore and he was going to do it at home. About a week later he called and surrendered him over to us. So now we have a full office husky and honestly I'm so in love with him I wish I could afford to take him in for good, but my schedules too busy and I can't afford his medical needs by myself and my boyfriend isn't ready for two dogs yet. So to try and get him to fall in love with Wiz and take him in, I brought him home for the weekend and see how that went. My boyfriend fell in love with him but still won't budge on his decision. He and Tetra loved playing together even though Tetra had to be on leash most the weekend to not hurt him since he doesn't realize when enough is enough. We even ended up carrying him upstairs to sleep next to our bed since we slept downstairs the first night because we weren't sure how he would do being carried at first. Now he's back at the practice and sleeping in a cage all night and getting no attention most the day since we're busy and I feel horrible for him. So I thought I'd share some pictures of this amazing dog playing with my pup and being happier than I've ever seen him since I've known him. (If anyone would actually be interested in adopting him, we're in Tampa, FL. Message me and I can try and get you more info! I'm not totally sure they're ready to part with him to just anyone, so just reach out to me and we can find out!)
Wiz the office husky Dsc_1210
Wiz the office husky Dsc_1211
Wiz the office husky Dsc_1212
Wiz the office husky Img_4710
Wiz the office husky Img_4811
Wiz the office husky Img_4810
Wiz the office husky Img_4812
Wiz the office husky Img_4910
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 10:38 am

Give it time. You BF may come around. Especially if you keep bringing him home on the weekends to play. They become staples of a household so fast and special needs dogs really have a way of digging into your heart. Especially when you see them starting to thrive under your care and attention. It's sad when an owner just doesn't care to do what is needed for the dog that they chose but at least he's getting what he needs now. He looks like a splash coat.

Puppy
Puppy
CloverField

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 pm

I tried to bring him home again this weekend, but then realized we're busy this weekend. I'm going to keep working on him and hope he eventually caves in haha. The first night after I took him back, my boyfriend told me that he missed him already, but he just isn't ready for the responsibility of two dogs yet. The previous owner didn't seem to care much for Wiz, but all of the guys kids loved him so much. It's a terrible thing on him, but at least he surrendered him to us rather than taken him to a shelter where no one knew his history or treatment plan.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Tell your boyfriend he's just being an old curmudgeon! From those pictures those two pups were meant to be together.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Kmanweiss
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Go easy with it and let him make the decision. Stick to play dates and weekends. Don't push the topic, let him make the decision. Seriously. I speak from experience.

My wife brought home a dog from the shelter as a birthday present for herself. There was no discussion before hand and she used guilt trips and sob stories to coerce my acceptance.

The new dog was an escape artist. He got picked up by the pound a couple times.
He was noisy. He got a couple noise complaints from neighbors.
He wasn't exactly on the best of terms with our existing dog, so fights were common.
Finances were tight and extra vet bills, food, crates, toys, etc were putting us in a tight position.

The dog did not help our relationship at all. And the way she went about getting him didn't help matters.

I love the dog now, in fact I always did, but he was a sore spot in our relationship for years. Bringing a high needs dog into a relationship where both parties are not 100% on board is a recipe for disaster. Give him time to come to come around, or to see if he comes around at all. Then be a good partner and devil's advocate the opposite opinion just to make sure that he's not caving to your desire. Then the new dog will be a great addition to a strong relationship and family instead of a burden that can weaken what was a strong foundation.
Back to top Go down
CloverField
Puppy
Puppy
CloverField

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Oh yeah I'm definitely not forcing him to take Wiz on because I know I'm not home enough to help him out with him and it would be more his responsibility than mine, so it wouldn't be fair to do that to him. It wouldn't be a financial thing for him but it would be a lot more responsibility than he wants. I'll respect any decision he has on the matter because I don't want to cause issues by not consulting him and him not wanting it. He won't cave in just for me and I know that for fact haha. It took him a while to finally be ready for our current pup and I didn't force her on him or anything. I'm completely aware of the issues it could cause if I wen against him and honestly it's not worth it in the long run. Hopefully playdates and caring for him over some weekends will make him think otherwise, but if not I totally understand why he wouldn't agree to a second dog full time.
Back to top Go down
Dani's_Dad
Newborn
Newborn
Dani's_Dad

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:46 am

Perhaps if you approach it as a fostering situation your BF might have more time (without a full commitment) to determine if he would be willing to adopt.

I wish you the best of luck. He looks like a great boy. Hopefully he finds a great home. The first one gave up on him, shame on them. I can't understand some pet owners. As I tell my wife. One man's "garbage" can be another man's priceless treasure.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:51 am

Bringing the dog home when you have the time is excellent for the dog and for your BF. The fostering is a good idea or at least maybe fostering every weekend kind of

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiz the office husky   Wiz the office husky Empty

Back to top Go down

Wiz the office husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1