It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Taste of the Wild formula change?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vrmin
Newborn
Newborn
vrmin

Male Join date : 2018-04-17

Taste of the Wild formula change? Empty
PostSubject: Taste of the Wild formula change?   Taste of the Wild formula change? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 9:43 pm

For those that use TotW, have you noticed any changes with the kibble shape/size recently? Is this just a cosmetic change, or is there something new with the ingredients as well?

I ask this because the most recent bag we purchased has had no appeal to Atreides. He is usually finicky with his food, but always ends up clearing out his bowl. It has been a daily struggle to entice him enough to eat the past few weeks. Prior to this, he developed a new habit of nuzzling at his food, but would eventually eat it. Lately though, his appetite has been very low.

I don't know if this should be attributed to the change I've noticed in the food, or if he's just getting over his food. I've tried to keep it interesting for him by switching up the flavors every few months, while also doing a rotation of plain food, food with Stella & Chewy's mix, and food with Dreamcoat oil every third day. He just turned 7 years old, so maybe he's just become wise to my tactics.

If anyone has any suggestions of what the issue could be, or what I may do differently, I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild formula change?   Taste of the Wild formula change? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 5:41 am

Hi Armin, I haven't noticed any changes, tho I do currently feed TOTW Prey line. Because he is getting older, it may be he doesn't need as much food as he once did, and may be telling you that, it could be that it is getting hotter out and he requires less food. It could also be like you said catching on Very Happy As long as everything else is good, like his sleeping habits, energy levels, then I wouldn't worry so much about it. We have a lot here who feed TOTW so hopefully in the morning others will chime in if they have had any issues.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild formula change?   Taste of the Wild formula change? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Just bought a new bag of TOTW Pacific Stream.
I did not notice any changes in size of kibble or smell.
Bodhi still gobbles it down like there's no tomorrow.

Last edited by jalepeno on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mmlozinski
Newborn
Newborn
mmlozinski

Female Join date : 2017-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild formula change?   Taste of the Wild formula change? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 am

Much like the other comments I have not noticed any changes. My pup gets the High Sierra puppy formula and we haven't noticed any changes. My dog sounds like your dog's eating habits though, he doesn't really eat much. We free feed him because he's really good at self regulating and really only eats in the evening right when he gets home from daycare. Otherwise he doesn't even touch it. We've tried other brands and this is how he always reacts so I know it's not disliking the food. Smile
Back to top Go down
AngieM
Newborn
Newborn
AngieM

Female Join date : 2017-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild formula change?   Taste of the Wild formula change? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Hey! I buy Taste of the Wild too and Jenna hasn't had any issues with it...she gobbles it right up most days. Sometimes she'll skip a meal or 2 but her behavior is normal so I don't worry. That's a husky thing not a food thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild formula change?   Taste of the Wild formula change? Empty

Back to top Go down

Taste of the Wild formula change?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1