It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Spider being spider

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

Spider being spider - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider being spider   Spider being spider - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 2:21 pm

Splinter is a totally different issue. He has gotten attacked because he loves all dogs and cats amd livestock and just runs up to other dogs. He doesnt understand that he is a small dog. But he has the typical napoleon complex that terriers sometimes have so people is more his issue. He just barks non stop if its new or moving. So the splinter joke is people ask me if i named him Splinter because he is really annoying. But really he looks just like master splinter in the live action tmnt movie from the 90s. So thats who he is named after.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Spider being spider   Spider being spider - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 12:19 am

Well the aurora va was a disaster and went extremely well at the same time. Spider was much more relaxed at the hotel since it wasnt the first time she was there. She only howled a few times but stopped almost immediately. There were like 30 other dogs st the hotel so im glad she ignores other dogs.

Yesterday left her and splinter in the truck, in a parking garage with windows down for about 30 mins. Every single spot on the first level was too short for the truck. So the tip of the push bar was through the wire and against the fence. I still stuck out about 2 feet. When i got back to walk the dogs they were acting really weird. Went up the elevator throught the lobby of the va and went to the on leash dog area. They both did great in the lobby and spider really likes meeting people. Check into the hotel go out for a cigarette and notice a clean streak in the dust going across the chrome and the bumper is slightly off. Tailgate has a scratch and tail light has a white paint streak.

Today they were in the truck and we parked 1 level down where it has the gate for badges. Went to appointment, went to leave, and got stuck in the parking garage. I just didnt have the turn radius with the big bumper. Had to make a decision on if i wanted to let my truck create another scuff mark on the very scuffed up wall, or take out the gate with my rear end. My bumper now has 2 scuff marks on it. Im not 100% sure what i should have actually done.

Drove home and it snowed up high and rained down low. Dogs were great. Its a pretty drive but 4 passes and its one of the most dangerous roads in Colorado. Got home got the 3 monsters out, then let squirt out. Fed everybody. The monsters ran out to harass the deer, and spider came in limping. She growled when i tried to look. It is cactus sprouting season but idunno.

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Spider being spider   Spider being spider - Page 3 EmptyTue May 09, 2023 12:26 am

Well tucker is here and we had one minor dog fight. Splinter is a problem so we figured that out with keeping him inside or with shadow. Part of it is the size difference and when spider and tucker get going they really go hard. But splinter is starting shit and then gets scared and thats where it becomes an issue.

Everyone is settled it seems for the night
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Spider being spider   Spider being spider - Page 3 EmptyTue May 09, 2023 5:13 pm

Hopefully one dust up is enough and they will stay settled.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Spider being spider   Spider being spider - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2023 2:07 am

There was a blow up this morning, it was more loud then anything and that i could break it up by grabbing collars and in a real fight spider would have nipped me or just been too much to hold along with anyone else. But then she didnt eat and had diarrhea, and then she threw up. Tonight she seemed fine. Shadow has met b9th the boys now. But he tripped and fell into spider because someone left a backpack in the middle of the floor, and the reaction to tucker and the reaction to shadow is very similar and with shadow happens on a regular basis. Tucker just isnt that smart. But even when it happened with spider and shadow it scared p and i dont want them to worry she is going to really hurt him when she is just correcting him. Their mom is 2 days into a 10 day hospital stay. Its why i wanted them to have their dog.

So its the first dog the boys have had and they are not the best at reading dogs yet. And in turn mine have never been around kids that didnt really know dogs, we have had some minor issues. Ive learned spider likes hugs but not when you bend over her head. She doesnt like her muzzle messed with, she has the patience of a saint and knows when to walk away.

I do think her spot had something to do with it where she was cornered. I know male/female fights are usually loud but mostly safe. Id worry more if it was another dominant female.

When they do play it gets so rough that she rolls heim on the ground. Trying not to cause a problem by worrying so much and it becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. I just cant figure out the i love you and want to annoy you but im a little scared of you thing going on. Her howl terrifies him and there are a bunch of sibes and mals at doggy daycare. I dont know he really confuses me. Especially since he would rather be outside by himself eating aspens so it does make it alot easier because i can let him out shut the door and let everyone else out. I cant do that with squirt and spider. They will go through the door to kill each other.

I guess to a dog that is on a 20 ft chain, leash or doggy daycare a big fenced yard with toys and trees is like doggy heaven. He just needs to stay away from the old potting soil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider being spider   Spider being spider - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider being spider

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3