It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Your huskies unique odor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Your huskies unique odor Empty
PostSubject: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Ok, totally random topic here, but Mya has always had what I call "the mya smell". It's not a bad smell at all...it's just her smell. It's the cutest thing ever. I lay on top of her and just smellllll away! Plus her paws smell like Doritos! LOL!!!!

Now, Kody has developed the same smell and Dorito smelling paws also! I love it! It's so cute!!!

Do your huskies have "their" smells??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 pm

It's not Doritos Melissa, it's FRITOS! We all have said huskies have Frito paws.

Koda doesn't have a scent on his fur though.
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Aevyn quite often will smell like beach. I love it. :3
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
It's not Doritos Melissa, it's FRITOS! We all have said huskies have Frito paws.

Koda doesn't have a scent on his fur though.

Noooo Doritos! LOL!!! I've smelled and smelled and smelled and it's Doritos to me...LOL! Well, then again Fritos and Doritos kinda smell similar I think. I haven't had Fritos in a long time. I should buy some just to smell them.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Dakota has no odor and no smell on his feet either.

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Ours have frito feet too! Both have their own unique smell. It's definitely not a bad smell, its just their smell. I actually kind of like their smell. When our girl Yakul died, her favorite toy and collar smelled like her and it made me cry every time I held them. Sad
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Ours have frito feet too! Both have their own unique smell. It's definitely not a bad smell, its just their smell. I actually kind of like their smell. When our girl Yakul died, her favorite toy and collar smelled like her and it made me cry every time I held them. Sad

I love their smell! It's like addicting..lol.

Omg, that's so sad! I could only imagine Sad I would cry even more when the smell is gone =(
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:25 am

How funny... We often called our first husky "Corn Chip"! She always smelled like a Frito!! I love it!! I smell it a little with Sabaka, but he still often has urine smelling feet because he's still getting the hang of lifting his leg to pee... so he still sprays everywhere Laughing

This thread made me smile!! Your huskies unique odor 768634
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:05 am

SabakaMom wrote:
How funny... We often called our first husky "Corn Chip"! She always smelled like a Frito!! I love it!! I smell it a little with Sabaka, but he still often has urine smelling feet because he's still getting the hang of lifting his leg to pee... so he still sprays everywhere Laughing

This thread made me smile!! Your huskies unique odor 768634

Haha, yeah, Kody's Frito/Dorito paw smelll goes away when he sprays himself. He too is still getting the hang of the leg lifting thing Razz

Glad this made you smile Very Happy I smile every time I smell their paws. It's like I want to shove my nose in there..lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:25 am

Ok, so now I had to go smell my dogs which I will never admit this to anyone outside the forum!! I don't really smell an odor on Willow but her paws do smell like fritos!!! I think I might have had a look of amazement on my face cause I thought you all were making this up! Very Happy Funny thing was, I then turned to Dakota so I could see if his paws smelled and he took one look at me and went running away! It was the funnies thing! He had observed my smelling of Willow and it must have feaked him out caues he looked at me like you are weird and get away from me! I was persistent though and he finally allowed me to smell his paws and sure enough....fritos! Weird.

Do you think Dakota will ever look at me the same again? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:14 pm

lol! Mindy! Dakota is like woah mom lost her mind I better run..LOL!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Mandy, when someone mentioned it on our old old forum, I was like NO WAY and grabbed Koda's paw and the look on my face was like I just discovered something amazing.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Do you think all breeds have this frito/dorito smell or is it just huskies?? I find myself wanting to ask my fellow dog loving friends but I just think they will believe we are crazy!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 pm

MelissaI wrote:
It's the cutest thing ever. I lay on top of her and just smellllll away! Plus her paws smell like Doritos! LOL!!!!

Y'all got me sniffing my dog and his paws, lol. I have found myself putting my head on Frankie and just smell away. Until you mentioned this, I never realized it was just him and his scent. I never did that to any other dog I had.

Unfortunately lately he just smells like wet dog between all of the rain and swimming Sad

Oh and thanks for pointing out the paws. I never noticed until now Wink
Back to top Go down
Loves2Share
Newborn
Newborn
Loves2Share

Female Join date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Before we got our husky, I researched them A LOT, and one of the things I found was that they 1) didn't smell doggy and 2) smelled like "fresh air"!! And its true! Our puppy smells like fresh air! I notice it most in his crate (where he sleeps all night and some of the day)- he's like a built in air freshener!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:28 pm

26nikita wrote:
Do you think all breeds have this frito/dorito smell or is it just huskies?? I find myself wanting to ask my fellow dog loving friends but I just think they will believe we are crazy!

Hmmm...I asked my mom if her German Shepard mix has the frito/dorito smell and nope. Neither does her other doggie. Don't know what she is...she's a cut little white mut..lol. I did post this as my status updated on FB months ago and one girl commented saying that her Dachshund has the Dorito smell.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:
MelissaI wrote:
It's the cutest thing ever. I lay on top of her and just smellllll away! Plus her paws smell like Doritos! LOL!!!!

Y'all got me sniffing my dog and his paws, lol. I have found myself putting my head on Frankie and just smell away. Until you mentioned this, I never realized it was just him and his scent. I never did that to any other dog I had.

Unfortunately lately he just smells like wet dog between all of the rain and swimming Sad

Oh and thanks for pointing out the paws. I never noticed until now Wink

I've never done that to any other dog either. They have their scent....it's awesome! Mya or Kody can be laying at my feet and I get a whiff or their scent and I have to get up and lay on them. More Mya then Kody though.
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Braiden smells like clean ironed shirts....I love it!!! Skyla smells like puppy pool and dirt a lot since she loves playing in the pool and then digging. I really haven't smelled the feet LOL. Max smells like puppy wipes since I wipe him down every night since he sleeps with me.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm afraid to sniff their feet with my luck they would have just walked on a dog pile.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
I'm afraid to sniff their feet with my luck they would have just walked on a dog pile.

Len, your posts always crack me up!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:31 am

MelissaI wrote:
26nikita wrote:

Hmmm...I asked my mom if her German Shepard mix has the frito/dorito smell and nope. Neither does her other doggie. Don't know what she is...she's a cut little white mut..lol. I did post this as my status updated on FB months ago and one girl commented saying that her Dachshund has the Dorito smell.

I had a sheltie when I was little that also had frito feet. My dad made up this elaborate story about how she would go to the kitchen at night to steal fritos. tongue
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:29 am

Corn chip feet smell is not a husky thing, lots of other breeds have it too. I see this same topic come up time and time again on Chihuahua forums also. None of my dogs have feet that smell like corn chips.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 pm

I made hubby smell Ginger and Storm's paws lol!
He said it smells corn chip like!
lol!

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Corn chip feet smell is not a husky thing, lots of other breeds have it too.

You're pooping our corn chip party here Val!! tongue
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 am

Sorry!

This has me seriously wondering what the logical explanation for the corn chip smell in the dogs' feet could be caused by. Especially considering that it's not a breed thing and some dogs have it while others don't. Really piqued my curiosity, I'll have to look into this some more when I get back to civilization (and high speed internet).

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor Empty

Back to top Go down

Your huskies unique odor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next