It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Your huskies unique odor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:53 am

Hubby says it's from the asphalt/sidewalk when you take them walking - dunno if that's true, but that's his opinion...I haven't smelled G&S's paws...

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:00 pm

cmanding wrote:
Hubby says it's from the asphalt/sidewalk when you take them walking...I haven't smelled G&S's paws...

Our first husky smelled like corn chips and we lived way out in the country with no sidewalks, no asphalt... just a dusty, gravel road and driveway. However, until she was about 5 we lived in the city in a neighborhood with pavement and asphalt... She smelled like corn chips her whole life!

It would be interesting to know where the smell comes from. I wonder if it could be food related...
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:07 pm

The only time that they're paws don't smell like corn chips is when they've been walking around in the moist grass...that's about it.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
It would be interesting to know where the smell comes from. I wonder if it could be food related...

Logically, if it's food related, then your dog food would have to have corn in it in order for their paws to smell like corn chips...logically....

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:54 pm

cmanding wrote:
SabakaMom wrote:

Logically, if it's food related, then your dog food would have to have corn in it in order for their paws to smell like corn chips...logically....

I know... and I've never feed food with corn to any of my dogs... other grains, but never corn...

We really need to get Val out of those mountains and back home so she can find out the REAL answer for us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Lol I don't want to go back! I do want answers though. Interesting theories so far.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:34 pm

So....my curiosity got the better of me, and smelled G&S's paws. They do have a slight odor to them which reminds me of their scent on the rest of their bodies when they get close to the time when they get a bath. It's not stinky or anything, it's just their scent. I don't eat corn chips or fritos, but I do LOVE fresh corn, and I don't think their paws smell like corn. I went to smell them a second time because I was trying to figure out if that reminded me of something and I kept asking myself, 'Is that the smell of corn chips?'

Razz

Newborn
Newborn
Loves2Share

Female Join date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Yep; we've got fritos... as my husband walks out of the room saying "What are you doing?? You're freakin' weird!" ...but he knew that when he married me. Wink
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Loves2Share wrote:
Yep; we've got fritos... as my husband walks out of the room saying "What are you doing?? You're freakin' weird!" ...but he knew that when he married me. Wink

HAHA!!! When I first discovered the "smell" I called my hubby over like a crazy person for him to smell Mya's paws and he was like " Nooo, you're nuts!". Finally he did it and then he was addicted to it. He kept smelling them and smelling them and I'm like "so, who's nuts now?" LOL!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Did you know that if you Googled:
'corn chip odor paws'
You get all kinds of hits?
lol!

PostSubject: Re: Your huskies unique odor   Your huskies unique odor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your huskies unique odor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2