It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

started driving me crazy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

started driving me crazy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 am

It's a typical response in a dog community to be honest- we LOVE this breed and are passionate about voicing it, and as Tori said it is NOT personal, it is just people being upfront with you and in all seriousness that is going to be what helps you. I can assure you no one was trying to claim you were a bad person or that we hate you. You have to understand this dog is constantly taken to pounds or shelters due to the reasons you listed so we wanted to stretch the importance of what we are saying and make it as clear as possible. I understand having English as a 2nd language, my entire family is from Germany and yes it is hard communicating properly if you are not 100%, but you cannot blame us for your lack of communicating skills in a forum that is in English(and no, I am not trying to bully you about your being foreign as I am too!).

And as Tori said again, try to take posts like this and just take the knowledge and don't assume it is personal- the internet is just typed words and it is easy to take offend to things people say, but you just have to try not too. Regardless, welcome to the forum and I hope you do continue to stay on here and read around and post updates on her progress or more questions.
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

i dont have communicating problem on english but oh ok . and i still havent got any aswer on my questions and thats funny . ok no problemos ill just google and skip this forum . kk by tnx
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:27 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I think her English is worse than she's letting on.

started driving me crazy - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I got pissy and typed out a whole novel chewing this girl who is obviously incapable of reading a new one, but I will shorten it and say- yes, you do have issues communicating in English, you said so yourself, and I was trying to be empathetic as a foreigner myself ("this is my second language and sometimes its hard to express myself" AKA hard time communicating, my friend), we answered all your question in great detail and linked you to threads to help you out that had tips that could help you immensily, but 'oh ok,' you have fun on Google but I don't think it will help you out either if you are illiterate. I don't understand that everyone apologizes to you for coming off hateful and tries to explain why and you act like we came at you all over over again.

No worries, she will definitely come back and read any responses left for her. I remember when I was 8 and got my feelers hurt over the interweb that I said peace out but always went back for more abuse but never said anything. I'm probaly out of line, but whatever, can't keep my mouth shut ever.

REGARDLESS, I do hope she finds out and comprehends a solution to all her issues so this dog does not have to feed off her anxiety.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:02 pm

im sure if she goes to google with her question our forum is gonna pop up with answers lol!

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 pm

It'll probably link to her own post.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm

I feel bad for her puppy. Hopefully she figures things out for the sake of her dog. Puppies need more than just love to be happy. If only it was that easy!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:29 pm

loona wrote:
i dont have communicating problem on english but oh ok . and i still havent got any aswer on my questions and thats funny . ok no problemos ill just google and skip this forum . kk by tnx

What? Pretty sure I, and a few others, did answer your questions to try and help your training problems. For example, puppies mouth (a form of biting that's not aggression, it's because they are teething), so you need to teach your puppy bite inhibition and there was a link given on how to do it. Not sure what else we can do. Maybe find a husky forum in your native language, so it's easier to understand?

started driving me crazy - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:46 pm

i didnt write anywhere im a girl so i dont get it why are you calling me a girl . and im sorry you felt me being disrespectful . i said i appreciate the answers but just got lost because you all wrote so much that i got lost . ill read your answers and this theme once again . thank you and sorry for me being ungracefull
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm

loona wrote:
i didnt write anywhere im a girl so i dont get it why are you calling me a girl . and im sorry you felt me being disrespectful . i said i appreciate the answers but just got lost because you all wrote so much that i got lost . ill read your answers and this theme once again . thank you and sorry for me being ungracefull
Our apologies. You didn't introduce yourself so everyone took a guess. We had a 50/50 shot and we were wrong Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 pm

loona wrote:

You didn't say anything about being lost and appreciating answers, aside from saying to Sabaka's mom that she was the only one who was nice. But nice to see you again after you decided to leave!
As for why I thought you were a girl, well, I guess I don't see very many males that get upset so easily.

Smile
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
loona wrote:

You didn't say anything about being lost and appreciating answers, aside from saying to Sabaka's mom that she was the only one who was nice. But nice to see you again after you decided to leave!
As for why I thought you were a girl, well, I guess I don't see very many males that get upset so easily.

Smile

everyone will get upset if he or she would listen to his puppy barking all day and biting hard with little sharp teeths . and youre not compatible telling me im a girl because i did everything due to the fact i can be everything and everyone . no one's the same so if you dont upset than i do and thats all . and i didnt upset that much anyway . i dont know what to say anymore for all of you to appreciate me and not behave like some old grumpy grandmas
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Koda wrote:

can we talk on german please ? no ? you dont know it ? oh thats so , so sad

get the point ? Suspect
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Koda wrote:
loona wrote:
Our apologies. You didn't introduce yourself so everyone took a guess. We had a 50/50 shot and we were wrong Wink

thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:14 pm

loona wrote:
Koda wrote:

can we talk on german please ? no ? you dont know it ? oh thats so , so sad

get the point ? Suspect
Listen buddy... I said that because I didn't want people to freak on you because your attitude was definitely going to come off the wrong way. I said that because I honestly felt that I wanted people to lay off you because CLEARLY your English was not as good as you thought if you thought that we didn't help you at all when we answered ALL of your questions.

You need to cut the attitude or no, people aren't going to want to help you.

Et si vous voulais parler en francais, je serai hereuse de vous aider. Vous comprenez?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:17 pm

You bet I am a 21 year old grumpy grandma! You make no sense it pains me to try to decipher what you are saying. I don't know what to do to get you not to response like a 10 year old elementary school girl, or type like one (or worse) for that matter. Your responses seriously are an enigma to me. I will appreciate you when I can understand a word you are saying.
P.S. When I had a puppy being annoying and biting me, I was still very respectful and responsive to the advice I was given.

P.S. I am from Germany, so don't pull that. I speak German. I speak PERFECT English. If you want to speak German, there are German husky forums I am sure. Feel free to go annoy them. This is an ENGLISH SPEAKING BOARD. I never expected anyone to pamper me and my hardships with English when I was younger and neither should you. You come on an American board, you should be able to read and write in English just as I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm

As for let's speak German, here's what I'll say to you: Du scheisst mich an! Hau ab!
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm

oh this is getting gruelling . you keep talking about me and all i want to do is train my dog . and my english is perfectly ok so stop being boring

and heatherlee ... no i wont , thanks

i wish i could talk on croatian forum but we dont have alot of forums like americans , or other people talking english

Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:50 pm

can i use my small bathroom with toilet inside instead of crate and put her inside for a couple of minutes when she starts getting crazy and starts biting and barking ? i tried it today but when she got back she continued the same thing ! : )
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 pm

loona wrote:
oh this is getting gruelling . you keep talking about me and all i want to do is train my dog . and my english is perfectly ok so stop being boring
This is my last reply on the topic and then I'm done and you can either take everyone's advice or leave it.

Instead of responding to ALL the advice we gave you, you have responded to our comments discussing us thinking that you didn't quite grasp the forum concept so easily. You came at us with a majorly defensive attitude, so yes... we are going to respond and tell you to cut the crap because we don't particularly take well to people who ignore our advice and yell at us for being "mean." Take the hint. If you want to talk about training your dog, respond to our comments suggesting training methods for your dog! Don't respond to the comments regarding YOU or your attitude!

To everyone else... if you have nothing more to say about helping the OP's training, please don't respond. One more comment from OP on OUR responses not having to do with dogs and I'm locking this thread. You have all been warned.

started driving me crazy - Page 2 931307

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:58 pm

loona wrote:
can i use my small bathroom with toilet inside instead of crate and put her inside for a couple of minutes when she starts getting crazy and starts biting and barking ? i tried it today but when she got back she continued the same thing ! : )
You need to be more explicit. What did you try today? The crate or the bathroom? A bathroom would work if you do not have a crate, but a crate will be better suited to help you train her.

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:20 pm

I agree that a crate will be better. I tried locking Mya in our small kitchen when we first got her and didn't know much about puppies and training and that was a disaster! She peeped/pooped everywhere and started trying to eat the walls affraid

My Advice to you:

- Get a crate, keep her in there while you are not home. When you get home and take her out of the crate do NOT let her touch the ground. Pick her up and take her straight outside to peep and poop.

- Tire her out enough that she'll be exhausted and will not be barking and biting you. Walk her at least twice a day, play with her as much as you can, work on training (even if it's minor things to start).

- When she bites you...close her mouth shut (not in rough way) and tell her NO! This may work and may not. Worked with Mya, but isn't working too well with Kody.

- The morning wake up call I'm afraid comes with the territory. When I want to sleep in a bit more I take Kody out to do his business, feed him, and give him a kong filled with a mix of plain yogurt and canned pumpkin FROZEN. Stuff the kong and freeze it the night before and that should entertain Luna for at least an hour.

This is what a Kong looks like:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kong+dog+toys&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=607&tbm=isch&tbnid=U9IMJxvUSWIMQM:&imgrefurl=http://furlongspetsupply.com/kong_toys_for_dogs.aspx&docid=uJmNYA6PXuNklM&w=200&h=200&ei=7JpJTuqcLKjv0gHtqpzrBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=339&vpy=209&dur=304&hovh=111&hovw=111&tx=96&ty=80&page=1&tbnh=111&tbnw=111&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

I'm trying to give you the simplest steps to start with. Everybody else on this forum KNOWS a lot more than me and have honestly helped me A LOT with knowledge of huskies.

I truly hope this helps for Luna's sake and your sanity. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm

loona wrote:

The bathroom should be fine you just need to make sure it is husky proofed and be careful. I tried using a small bathroom when crate training wasn't going so well and Frankie ended up flooding my house when he puctured a hole in the stainless steel pipe that runs from the toilet. affraid Any technique you try probably won't work the first couple of times. You just need to be very consistent so that she knows you mean business. I would also take the route of making sure she is getting plenty of exercise and training sessions. A 5-10 minute training session of sit, down, stay drills can wear a pup out. And as we all say very frequently a TIRED husky is a GOOD husky.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:
loona wrote:

The bathroom should be fine you just need to make sure it is husky proofed and be careful. I tried using a small bathroom when crate training wasn't going so well and Frankie ended up flooding my house when he puctured a hole in the stainless steel pipe that runs from the toilet. affraid Any technique you try probably won't work the first couple of times. You just need to be very consistent so that she knows you mean business. I would also take the route of making sure she is getting plenty of exercise and training sessions. A 5-10 minute training session of sit, down, stay drills can wear a pup out. And as we all say very frequently a TIRED husky is a GOOD husky.

Our first husky flooded our bathroom by chewing the water supply line to the toilet as well!! I would not recommend using a bathroom as a place to keep your dog when you leave the house. We do, however, use our small bathroom as a "time out" room. We put Sabaka in it for biting and other inappropriate behavior. We only leave him in the bathroom for a few minutes at a time. If he comes out and repeats the naughty behavior... he goes right back in!

Sabaka nips at and demands attention from my 10-year old son more than the rest of the family because my son is not as forceful and consistent with his training as the rest of us. He's getting better, but it is taking a while.

I also totally agree with Dee, exercise and more exercise...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: started driving me crazy   started driving me crazy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

started driving me crazy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next