It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

feeding amount

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

feeding amount  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Nope same thing here.... Have a cat that will Pee on any cloth left on the ground at all.

Not surprised in the least either Razz

Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 pm

HAHAHA! well then... Laughing I dont feel so bad now Razz
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:50 am

i dont know how to ignore her when she starts to bark and get in to my face , than i stand up and shes backs away , then i put her in the wc and she scratches on the door , she barkes really loud and looks in to my eyes and shes barking and i dont know how could i ignore that ... i tryed to ignore her but how when she bites us and scratches and get in to our face , sometimes i feel i cant learn her nothing , what should i do if she barks at me all day ???
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 am

im deaf already ! and she looks so mean !
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 am

loona wrote:
i dont know how to ignore her when she starts to bark and get in to my face , than i stand up and shes backs away , then i put her in the wc and she scratches on the door , she barkes really loud and looks in to my eyes and shes barking and i dont know how could i ignore that ... i tryed to ignore her but how when she bites us and scratches and get in to our face , sometimes i feel i cant learn her nothing , what should i do if she barks at me all day ???
Do you just ignore my posts??

Say, "No!" very firmly, then get up and walk away. Put yourself in the bedroom and ignore her until she calms down.

It doesn't sound like you have much patience and you're never going to train her unless you have patience. Training is ALL about patience and consistency.

ETA: It's getting really frustrating trying to help you because you don't get the answers you want so you argue with us and tell us how that's not going to work. If you can't take the advice you're being given, please go seek the assistance of a trained professional that can be there with you in person.

feeding amount  - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Just Keep at it.

Crate training Tika she went ballistic for about an hour the first night. Howling and crying and making demonic noises.

The best thing you can do is just ignore it, don`t move, don`t look at her, just sit there and let her get it out. Or as others have said, if she is nipping too separate her from you in another room until the howling stops.

It will take some time, she will get REAL loud, but then it will be over. and if you ignore her once the next time it happens she will cry less and less to the point where it doesn`t happen anymore at all.

If she learns that you`ll cave in and do what she wants every time she howls or cries, your in for a LOUD house Sad.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Koda wrote:
ETA: It's getting really frustrating trying to help you because you don't get the answers you want so you argue with us and tell us how that's not going to work. If you can't take the advice you're being given, please go seek the assistance of a trained professional that can be there with you in person.

Sometimes reading this thread has been very painful. I HIGHLY recommend seeking the assistance of a professional trainer to work hands on with you and your dog. It sounds like you have a very typically husky pup, but you you may need a little help on learning how to deal with it. I was frustrated with Frankie when I first got him. My frustration and lack of patience was making matters worse. Once I starting working with a professional trainer to show me hands on how to implement all that I was reading about, I started to appreciate the training process much more and have since developed an incredible bond with my dog. I began to understand my dogs behaviors more which helped with my frustration and patience.
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:39 pm

but i listen to your advise ... today i got home from dentist and she got crazy , she started running around and she got so hyper . i just ignored her as you said ... and when i got in my room she started to chew on my shoe ... so i pushed her then she did it again . i sad NO then she started barking at me , and now she is in small toilet and shes scratching door and going crazy , she never calms down . and please dont tell me that i should get a professional because i dont want to feel like i need one . i listen to you but shes so crazy ! i would rather give her to another than get a professional . but i wont !
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:45 pm

If she's doing this at only 3 months old, she will be uncontrollable at 9 months old!! You HAVE to make something work! I still thinks she is thinking she can demand things from you. Did you spend time with her when you came home from the dentist?
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm

When Kale was 3 months I would have to drain his energy for about 45 mins to an hour after every nap, then was training time, then was nap time. If he didn't want to nap and would start acting up, I would ignore him. It was hard at first but it gets easier when they start realizing that they can't demand things from you. Once you start though you HAVE to be consistent. If your lax just once they will see it as weakness. Be consistent and strong. You can do it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:06 pm

You'd rather give her to someone else than get a professional? Wow. Your dog is a normal puppy, she isn't crazy. If you can't handle her and refuse to get a professional, which most people do training with puppies just for shits and giggles, then I would rehome her. You will set her up for failure if you don't properly train her, and I'm NOT trying to be mean, but it's obvious you are not good at handling your puppy and you NEED to seek training because us counseling you over the internet is not helping.

Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:12 pm

I agree with Heather. You shouldn't be embarrassed to seek out help from professionals, tha'ts what they are there for... to help you. Neutral They want to see you succeed and help you achieve a special bond with your dog.
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:22 pm

I totally agree with Heather.

There is nothing wrong with working with a professional trainer. I was not embarrassed, ashamed, nervous, or worried when I sought out professional help. Frankie taught me very quickly that I was in over my head and there was no way I could do it alone. You want to talk about crazy, Frankie did everything that you are describing with your pup and he was older (approx 7 months). In addition he did it to my 5 year old son and anyone else who walked in my house. He destroyed and broke out of crates. There are too many things to list that he destroyed in my house, but the worst was when he bit through a pipeline and flooded my first floor.
SO I KNOW CRAZY!

BUT, I made a commiment to this dog and if I could not follow through on that committment then he deserved better. I WANTED to learn how to communicate effectively with my dog as well as develop a bond. There are still days he drives me nuts, but I am much better equipped to deal with those days.
Working with a professional trainer was one of the best decisions I ever made for me, my dog, and my family.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Treat for you Dee!

I also agree with Heather, and Dee!

When you decided to take home Loona, you made a commitment to her and you'll need to be responsible for her, her training, and everything else she will need from YOU. That means exercise, discipline, training, food...EVERYTHING!

If you're embarrased to seek professional help or too proud to admit you need professional help, then maybe she would be better off re-homed with someone that'll have the patience and the commitment Loona needs.

Training doesn't happen in 15 minutes, or in a dayIt takes time and patience and consistency. If you don't put in the work, how can you expect Loona to learn?

Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:31 pm

thak for response . it isnt i am embarassed , but i never thought that i would need that .
todaY i made her some kind of cage , here is the picture , right now shes desperatly trying to get out and finding ways to get out . i put her inside some toys but she squeling right now ... so this , as is , please tell me how do i use this crate and what could she learn with it , when do i put her inside and some tips ... ? thanks

feeding amount  - Page 3 J10hav
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:38 pm

You need to buy her an actual crate or she is probably going to end up eating through your dry wall or tear up your flooring..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:47 pm

THAT aside, here is a crate training thread: https://www.itsahuskything.com/t918-crate-training

Instead of asking so many questions, you should go look in the training forum and read some of the posts, as all the stuff we are typing here is in those threads + more info.
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:45 pm

the wall is solid concret and she isnt doing anything to the floor , i could put something on the floor if she starts to scratch it .
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:59 pm

What's the purpose of the cage? When does she use it?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:06 pm

That gap on the top kind of scares me a little. How about she tries to get out by there and gets stuck? Suspect I agree that an actual crate is your best bet
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 pm

The purpose of the crate is not to shut her away all day so she can't bug you. Obviously there is a relationship issue between the 2 of you. Either she isn't getting the amount of attention/exercise she needs or she isn't respecting you and your boundaries. Either way you need to bond with each other more and i'm sure a few more walks isn't going to kill either of you.

I would invest in an actual crate, please. I don't know what part of the world you're in. I'm sure if you told us that we could help you a little better.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 pm

feeding amount  - Page 3 1625187496

feeding amount  - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 am

im at a loss. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 am

arooroomom wrote:
The purpose of the crate is not to shut her away all day so she can't bug you. Obviously there is a relationship issue between the 2 of you. Either she isn't getting the amount of attention/exercise she needs or she isn't respecting you and your boundaries. Either way you need to bond with each other more and i'm sure a few more walks isn't going to kill either of you.

I would invest in an actual crate, please. I don't know what part of the world you're in. I'm sure if you told us that we could help you a little better.

I'm pretty sure he is in Europe somewhere, he speaks German is all I remember. This is a lost cause. He is perfectly capable of going and buying a crate at any pet store in Europe, that's not an issue.. He doesn't live in a continent where they are deprived of such things.

Honestly, people, done all we can here. To the original poster, I really think you need to find someone where you live who can come and help you in person and speak with you clearly because the internet is not helping you.
Back to top Go down
loona
Newborn
Newborn
loona

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:30 pm

you said i buy a crate , so this is some version of it . and i asked you .... awh . it doesnt matter . goodbye and thank for nothing . i know you all where helpfull , but you said , BUY CRATE BUY CRATE , and this is close enough , and now youre arguing . great forum !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeding amount    feeding amount  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

feeding amount

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next