It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Concerned and may need ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Concerned and may need ideas Empty
PostSubject: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:08 pm

So, tomorrow I go back to work and I'm concerned how Willow will react. She's never been alone. She went from her litter mates to having Dakota so I don't know how she is going to be with out him. My son has school and work so he won't be any help. The only time she has been home alone is the times I took Dakota to the vet. I do know she made a ruckus one of those times becuase my son was asleep when I left with Dakota and I guess she woke him up from the whining. I know she never made a peep when Dakota was with her. If Colton didn't have to work, he would come home from school and he said she and Dakota were always sleeping in the breezeway waiting for me. They both were always calmly waiting for me when I got home from work everyday. I could be worrying for nothing and she may be ok since our routine is not changing, but...Dakota always slept in the breezeway with her. Any ideas on how to make this more comfortable to her? I have the kong all stuffed and in the freezer waiting. I wonder if I should lock the cats in the breezeway with her so she has company. The ceiling over the stairs to the basement works as a nice big shelf area in front of the windows that I have cat beds on. The cats sleep there alot when the sun is shining so I know they will be comfortable in there with Willow. Willow will be crated. I can't really think of anything else I can do.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:23 pm

I'd give her kong, and maybe leave the tv on. I know my 2 freak out and howl so loudly if I go somewhere and leave one of them alone.

Do you have any dog day cares near you that you could take her to a few days a week while you're working?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Hmmm, you said that she would stay loose in the breezeway with Dakota, right? So she was never crated while you were gone?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:36 pm

If she's used to being crated I would crate her tonight and then tomorrow when you leave and put the kong in there. Leaving the TV on is good but I would make sure she can actually see it's the TV making noise so she doesn't think she's stuck somewhere away from all the noises.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:39 pm

No, she was always crated. She is a hoover vacuum so I couldn't trust her outside the crate. I do think eventually she will be able to be shut in the breezeway with out a crate but I want to wait until she is bit older. Really the only thing that will change is Dakota won't be there with her. Everything else should be our same routine. The tv is not near the breezeway. I could have a radio going. There is a doggy daycare close to where I work, but unfortunately, I have a pretty big vet bill that I owe the Emergency vet. Thankfully they are letting me pay installments. Once that is paid, then I could take her maybe two days a week but that won't be until after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:41 pm

She's not crated at night. She either sleeps on the bed with me or on the dog bed by the floor and is super good about not getting into anything at night. I wish I had a camera so I can see how she will do. I'm hoping the cats will make it feel like she isn't alone.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh ok, then yes, I would leave the kitties in there with her also. Can't hurt. Plus the Kong and the TV she should be ok I think.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Oh wait, the TV isn't visible. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:48 pm

I can do a radio.... I don't know what music she likes though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:50 pm

I would ask is moving the crate to where she can see the TV is a possibility, but that might be too much change for her at once. Has she been acting semi normal the past few days?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:57 pm

26nikita wrote:

Ha! Smile Maybe talk radio so it sounds like she's not alone?
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah, I think she is being pretty normal. It's different. I mean, she doesn't have Dakota to play with anymore so I upped our walking and play with her more....

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:00 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
26nikita wrote:

LOL! Like Bob and Tom?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 pm

26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:
26nikita wrote:

LOL! Like Bob and Tom?

We don't have them, but I imagine yes! Smile Something that has talk radio all day. Sometimes AM vs FM.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
26nikita wrote:

NPR (National Public Radio) I'm sure that would put her to sleep all day. Second choice a classical music station.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:15 pm

LOL!! I will try talk radio. on low ofcourse. I don't want to drive her batty!
Back to top Go down
The1930sRust
Puppy
Puppy
The1930sRust

Female Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Violet is partial to Rush and Hannity...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darklightimagery.net www.pbase.com/darklightimagery
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerned and may need ideas   Concerned and may need ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerned and may need ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1