It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I really think Neo needs a friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

I really think Neo needs a friend Empty
PostSubject: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:14 am

I have been reading about everyone here who has multiple dogs, and have been thinking myself about getting another dog for Neo to have some company with. We have Jackson, but hes old, and isnt allowed inside the house, so it does no good during the day when Neo is inside by his self. I know I do not want a puppy! maybe a dog about Neo's age, just someone to keep him company. Does it make that much difference in thier behavior? Having another og around to play with. I feel bad for Neo, all he wants is attention, he paces back and forth whining all the time. While I give him as much as I can, I cant do it 24/7. The hard part would be convinving Brad that we need another one. I just want Neo to be happy, and have someone to play with and keep him company when no one is here. I do worry about bringing another dog in with the new leather living room suit i bought Brad for xmas, and the new dog getting along with a rambuctius 4 yr old
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:29 am

I'm right there with you. Indy is an only dog and I feel like he's always bored when I'm not at home or if I'm doing stuff around the house. I want another dog to keep him company while I'm busy or at work. I want another dog really bad, but definitely not another puppy either! I love puppies, but I don't want to go through the terrible teenage stage again. I'm hoping Indy doesn't get too bad...But I'm wanting to hold off on it a bit because we'll be moving in about a year and I'd have to convince Adam that we need another as well.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 am

Have you tried taking Neo to the dog park to make some friends? I met a couple of owners the past month that I've been going and we all meet on the weekends and let the dogs have at it lol Ever since we started going and he made friends, he doesn't seem as bored or lonely. Just a thought until you adopt a new furbaby Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 am

Yes we take him to the park when we can. We o.nly get a chance about twice a month though. I mentioned it to brad, and he was actually on board . He is a police officer, and they retired the drug dog recently, and we talked about maybe seeing if we could get her. I want to wait until after xmas and we get the fence taken care of.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Ooooh! Drug dog! I would have all sorts of fun freaking out the local gangbangers walking her around my hood! Wink hehe They already think we walk wolves around the neighborhood!

As for a buddy, if Neo loves playing - it's a great idea. A dog around his age would be perfect. Chili never did anything other than eat and sleep before we got Frosti, and now they play (only on his timetable, though). If they get along when you introduce them - you're good to go! Maybe lock them in a room away from the new sofa?
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Shes a golden and a bit older. They retired her because she started to have seizures. The vet said it was stress from the job. She hasn't had one since . Her and neo have the same stuck up personalities, so I would want to take her on a trail basis before I commited !
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Jill, i would really look at another Husky for Neo, that way they can play at the same energy level. a retired dog having seizures might not be a good idea for Neo, even if she has stopped having them, the stress of Neo trying to play might bring them back. I love that your thinking for getting him a friend, and adopting one close to his age would be best! Now i will say we tried to do that for Sierra (husky close to age) she was 6 at the time and we ended up with jack that was though to be 1-1.5yrs old! thats who she picked and you know what, he brought out the kid in her! . i think you would be good looking for a friend between 2-6yrs for Neo.
and about the leather, can you just block them out of that room?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Like Jenn and Sam said. Bringing Kody around has taught Mya how to play and be more active. Just like Chili she only plays when she wants to. It's cute when she gives into Kody though. He woooos and wooooos in her face while she growls at him as in saying NO youngster I don't want to play right now! After a few minutes of that she gets up and tussles with him for a while. It's even cuter when she entices him to play. Bowing down, butt in the air, while barking at him!

I think an older dog would work for Neo too. As long as the doggie isn't too too old Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really think Neo needs a friend   I really think Neo needs a friend Empty

Back to top Go down

I really think Neo needs a friend

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1