It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Indestructible toys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

Indestructible toys Empty
PostSubject: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

I think Raven took that as a personal challange

Indestructible toys IMAG0572

Took her about a week, most are destroyed in 3 days or less!

Is everyone else burning through toys for their pups?
Back to top Go down
Maximus Nakedus
Newborn
Newborn
Maximus Nakedus

Male Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Umm...yes, yes indeed! Poor stuffies don't stand a chance here! We picked up some AKC stuffed dog toys at Big Lots, and phew they are taking a beating!

The Kongs seem to have survived the longest!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 pm

There is a local dog bakery named Molly's that carries a dog toy with a warranty that if it becomes damaged, you take it back to the store and get a replacement for free...I will check in with them to see what the brand is.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:40 pm

If it has a squeaker - 20 minutes, max. (thus we don't buy squeaker toys as they excite her too much and throw her prey drive into over drive since she is a super drivey dog)

Kong only lasts because she can't get at it constantly - that and she uses it, her rope, her treat dispenser toy and a stick as retrieve toys. So she won't destroy them.

treat dispenser toy - she loves it SOOOOO much. The "everlasting" treat that was in it only lasted about an hour before she managed to get it out and eat it - but the actual toy itself is going on about it's third week of not being destroyed. I strongly suggest getting one of these.

Stuffed animal type toys - dead in an hour.

Bully sticks - 4-5 hours depending.

Knuckle bone - seems to be the only thing that actually lasts it took her 3-4 months to break down one. Now there are just two pieces left of it.

The stuffed shin bones - hers is on it's third week of still being intact.

Indestructible toys Oil_pa11

Last edited by Niraya on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 pm

We love knuckle bones, they last months around here. We also love nylabones, the flavored ones are a huge hit.
Back to top Go down
StephieK
Newborn
Newborn
StephieK

Female Join date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 pm

We got a Bumi for Isis and it's held up pretty well. Plus, it has a replacement warranty if it gets damaged. She loves playing tug with it (although she always thinks my side is better, thus, she wants the side I hold) Razz
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:47 am

We also picked up a dogzilla toy tonight - she loves it - but it turned into a retrieve and keep away toy so it'll never be destroyed - but it seems pretty nice.

Indestructible toys Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:19 am

Kale doesn't usually destroy his toys, he just likes to shake (kill) them lol. He's had his Skineezz fox since the holidays and it is still like new, only stiff from his dry slobber haha Kale loves his treat dispensing toys as well. Kong Wobbler, Omega Paw Tricky Treat, Tug-a-Jug, Kongs, and the Premier Bristle Bone are all hits over here Wink Unfortunetely the Everlasting Treat holder got destroyed the first time I gave it to him, he focused on one side of the toy and gnawed the rubber off. The one I got him as a puupy is still ok cux he only have his puppy teeth lol $25+ for a toy that got demolished in 2 hours was a blow Sad I was hoping it would last like the first on I got him lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm

StephieK wrote:
We got a Bumi for Isis and it's held up pretty well. Plus, it has a replacement warranty if it gets damaged. She loves playing tug with it (although she always thinks my side is better, thus, she wants the side I hold) Razz

Mine does the same thing! Always wanting the side I'm holding. Her sharp puppy teeth don't feel good when she accidentally catches one of my fingers! affraid

As for stuffed toys, once they become ripped, I just remove the stuffing and squeakers from inside and let Luna play with the cloth. But even then, they don't last forever Rolling Eyes I've found ropes to be pretty durable and the stuffing-less toys that look like foxes and raccoons.
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 pm

River loves his squirrel, the no stuffing kind, but him and my chihuahua like to pull the stuffing out of every thing else. I have triied giving river hard toys and he doesnt like them, they MUST be soft and have a squeaker
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:11 pm

The brand of toys the local dog bakery said has a warranty is West Paws Design www.westpawdesign.com

Cali won't play with toys so I don't buy them but my sis in law's dogs have two and they still aren't destroyed and they normally take a few days for a kong toy to be done. She has had them a month now.
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-Plush-Puppies-Squeaker-Squeakers/dp/B0026KWD8O

so i bought this 16 squeaker dog toy yesterday.....it's awesome! Luna hasn't popped any of the squeakers yet, but I'm sure that won't take too long, at which point she'll have 15 more to pop! lol!
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

The only toys I have found that Thor and Nero have not destroyed is the JW rubber toys they sale at Petsmart and Petco. I got 3 squeakers for them. One is a ball that has been around for a year. It's Nero's fav he runs around the house chomping it to hear it squeak. Then we have a ball with feet and fur Thor did pull some of the fur off but the ball itself is still intact and squeaks. Then they have this orange thing that squeaks not sure what it is. It has ears and Thor chews on them but he has never chewed one off yet.
Back to top Go down
boom1186
Newborn
Newborn
boom1186

Female Join date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 am

I've been on the hunt for indestructible toys for months now. Kemba chews through all the West Paw toys in just a few days. What I'm most worried about is that she eats the rubber from the toys. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Or know of any toys that really are indestructible?
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 am

This has been a favorite toy for awhile now:
http://www.wag.com/buy?s=orca%20jack&SubCatalog=

It does not squeak, which is a bummer, but has probably helped to keep it "alive". Squeaking things die quickly in this house! It has a fun, erratic bounce that Sabaka enjoys.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Kongs or any other extremely hard rubber just plain won't get used. Skinz or any other squeaker toys get shredded and eaten or swallowed whole.

My boys prefer flavored nylabones or Antlerz. Ropes toys work for a while and allows them to play tug-o-war.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Every one of my pom's toys are stuffingless now. lol

We bought Kya one of those stuffing free toys with a noise maker in it. It looks like a racoon. She LOOOOOOOOOOOVED it! She played with that thing until the only thing left was a piece of material and the voice box. I can't find them anywhere, and wish I could bc that was her favorite toy.

Now she has a water bottle toy we got from Academy (It's a kong product) and we have had that for about a year and she still has not torn or destroyed it. Smile It's a blue canvas shell with a brown racoon tail on it. The waterbottle is long gone from it but she still plays with that thing like it's her life line lol

Only downfall: The voice box was hard and she kept smacking herself in the head with it. She never seemed to mind though LOL!
Back to top Go down
Tccgold
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Tiff&Kya wrote:

We bought Kya one of those stuffing free toys with a noise maker in it. It looks like a racoon. She LOOOOOOOOOOOVED it! She played with that thing until the only thing left was a piece of material and the voice box. I can't find them anywhere, and wish I could bc that was her favorite toy.

There's a daily deal website that has those for free every once in a while. (http://www.thatdailydeal.com/), all you pay is $4.99 shipping. On the informercial, I think they are like 2 for $20, so it's a pretty good deal actually.

Next time I see that deal come up, I'll post in the forum about it.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:14 pm

They have the voice box in them too?

I've seen the stuffing free ones, but I haven't seen the voice box ones. She wont play with it unless it squeals lol.
Back to top Go down
Tccgold
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Not sure about the voice box, but a sqeaker in the head and one in the tail as well. When you say voice box, I keep thinking one of the boxes that "moos" when you turn it over, or kinda sounds like a high pitched giggle when you shake it rapidly.

But squeakers, yes. They are the "Crazy Critters" brand you see on TV, selected at random though.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It squeals when it is moved or shaken.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm

no toy is indestructible for maggie. We are talking about the same dog that can take collars off and take cone head collars off as well.
Back to top Go down
boom1186
Newborn
Newborn
boom1186

Female Join date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Kemba is the exact same way! She managed to take the cone off and destroy it - all while in her crate!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 pm

I put it on, so there is no way she can get it off but she ends up doing i!
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Holy Moley!! I'm going to have to try all these new toys you guys are posting to see if they last a bit longer with my boys! Odin's favorite toys are rope toys and he goes through those every 2 weeks. As for Eshe, he LOVES Kong Wubbas and I buy those in bulk....He doesn't get to play with his wubba the whole time and when he gets it it's supervised play so they have been lasting one a month at this point. But anything soft, between my two...forget about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indestructible toys   Indestructible toys Empty

Back to top Go down

Indestructible toys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next