It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Things we deal with just because we lov'em

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Things we deal with just because we lov'em Empty
PostSubject: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 pm

I love ax so I deal with fishing hairs out of my coffee and food...and mouth...lol which is hard to accomplish because everytime I try to get an ax hair off my younger I wind up getting more in there haha but I deal cause I love my big guy.

So what do y'all deal with for your babies?
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Hair and sand every where sand on the sofa on the floor in the bed. We have to shake all the bed clothes out every night before bed. Sleep
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Lol I live In TX so I'm used to dirt lol.
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Speaking of hair...we can't keep it off our latest interior painting project!!!

Exercising the furball in extreme temps and inclement weather in order to safeguard our belongings from destruction.

This could be a frightenly long list...eek.
Back to top Go down
Psammacora
Newborn
Newborn
Psammacora

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I have found that I now spend more money on socks than I do dog food since I got kirk.
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 am

Shampooing the carpets once a week:P

Wet spring and winter in Or, even if i wipe her paws the best I can, she's brings mud in with her. Sometimes she has it around her nose too, it's cute in that sort of "daddy's got tide" kinda way:P
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 am

Spending more of my little income on kale than on myself lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

Female Join date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

Constantly twisting my ankles in the craters they've dug in the backyard!

Filling in holes only to have them dug back up as soon as my back is turned!

Reburying the fence line!

Dirt in my bed!

Yea this could be a VERY long list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.humanesocietyofhobart.org
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 am

dealing with him some how pushing his crate next to the window to chew up my curtains (while hes in side the crate), being pounced on while laying in bed
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 am

hypers987 wrote:
Spending more of my little income on kale than on myself lol

lol Yup!

Autumn wrote:
Constantly twisting my ankles in the craters they've dug in the backyard!

Filling in holes only to have them dug back up as soon as my back is turned!

Does this 3 times now...2nd time put me in the ER Rolling Eyes Almost did it again today with the snow covering all those craters.

The nighttime pacing (hardwood floors + toe nails = lots of noise).
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 am

1). stepping on their toys that are all over my house..

2). Dog hair all over the back seat of my car.. (He goes a lot of places with me)

3). Needing to get a new seat belt for the front passenger seat in my car. (being he chewed it up)

Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Hair is a condiment in my home. If you don't like, don't come over lol!

I spend more cash on my dogs than I do myself as well. My dogs eat better than I do, they have more expensive stuff than I do, most of the time, and I make sure they are comfortable before I am.

They deserve to be treated like royalty. They are after all, your most loyal companions.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:00 pm

ljelgin wrote:

2). Dog hair all over the back seat of my car.. (He goes a lot of places with me)

I'm with you there. I open my door (it's always windy here) and hair blows EVERYWHERE. It's like a blizzard of white hair, no matter how often I brush them.
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:53 pm

ljelgin wrote:

3). Needing to get a new seat belt for the front passenger seat in my car. (being he chewed it up)

HAHAHA i have chewed seat belts too so now he rides in his crate
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:03 pm

How they love to get into a very loud vocal fight when your trying to carry on a conversation with someone.
Back to top Go down
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Buying new crates to replace the ones he's eaten/destroyed. We're at $450 and counting.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I just have to deal with hair. Maggie has never chewed on anything but her toys and bones. She has never been destructive. apparently being lazy all day is more fun. I tell people she is VERY calm. I think she acts more like an old dog than a pup. The only time you see the puppy is when she is playing. Must be a malamute thing?
Back to top Go down
Tobin2012
Newborn
Newborn
Tobin2012

Female Join date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:29 pm

We have only had Tobin since January....we heard they like to chew on things if they get bored so we bought a metal crate to keep him in while we are at work....but after day 2 I thought well I will put him in the laundry room and shut the doors that way he will have more room, but that didn't work....he chewed the baseboard so it was back to the crate.....and of course all the hair...I vaccum everyday, but I don't mind I love him soooo much! He has one chair he is allowed to sit in and that is my husband's recliner it is leather so the hair is easy to get off. He practicaly owns the recliner now...he is so funny when he sits in it.
Back to top Go down
Tobin2012
Newborn
Newborn
Tobin2012

Female Join date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:31 pm

gladahmae wrote:
Buying new crates to replace the ones he's eaten/destroyed. We're at $450 and counting.

Wow...so far our metal crate has been good!
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Tobin2012 wrote:
gladahmae wrote:

Wow...so far our metal crate has been good!

I have had to make a few repairs to mine:P
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 pm

i would not say i deal with any of the husky stuff, i just accept it for the breed and thats why i love them so much I love you

but i could do with out the shredded papers, and destroyed toys, and the holes and flower squashing.

Puppy
Puppy
xxchristine

Female Join date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I, too, tolerate holes in my backyard haha. I've twisted my ankle in so many. I'm also accustomed to his fur (which is unfortunate because I wear so much black). And I hate to say it, but Kota has lethal farts hahahah. I still love him like crazy though.
Back to top Go down
http://xxchristine.tumblr.com
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Lol omg haha ax gets bad gas too (so does Hubbard so I
Used to it)
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:21 pm

well, something I tolerated earlier this week - coming home to delilah having shredded 4 twenty-dollar bills. Of all the papers sitting out she chose the money. Silly girl.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
well, something I tolerated earlier this week - coming home to delilah having shredded 4 twenty-dollar bills. Of all the papers sitting out she chose the money. Silly girl.

oh no, you know no matter how bad they look taped back together you can take them to the bank and they will exchange them for you. Just make sure all the serial numbers on them are legible when you tape them back together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em Empty

Back to top Go down

Things we deal with just because we lov'em

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next