It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Things we deal with just because we lov'em

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Juno's Dad
Puppy
Puppy
Juno's Dad

Female Join date : 2011-10-03

Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:56 am

Hair, hair, hair, and more hair!!

Did I mention the HAIR??

Very Happy

But I love her to death!!
Back to top Go down
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 am

Tobin2012 wrote:
gladahmae wrote:
Buying new crates to replace the ones he's eaten/destroyed. We're at $450 and counting.

Wow...so far our metal crate has been good!

We started with plastic.....got eaten......got metal.....destroyed the pan, has several bent bars and is reinforced all the way around with zip ties and caribiner clips. We just invested in a heavy duty outdoor kennel and patio blocks to prevent digging. But we've worked through some pretty serious anxiety issues.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:54 am

norbreedslove wrote:
I just have to deal with hair. Maggie has never chewed on anything but her toys and bones. She has never been destructive. apparently being lazy all day is more fun. I tell people she is VERY calm. I think she acts more like an old dog than a pup. The only time you see the puppy is when she is playing. Must be a malamute thing?

Also, waking up to a dog that's GOT TO GO! every. stinking. morning.
Back to top Go down
amynbebes
Newborn
Newborn
amynbebes

Female Join date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am

fur in my mouth, all over my clothes lol. and the MASSIVE burp that he let out yesterday. I have never heard a darned dog burp. Lucky for me I was right by his face Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 am

I don't know about y'all but Axe snores like a full grown man -.-
Back to top Go down
Juno's Dad
Puppy
Puppy
Juno's Dad

Female Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

amynbebes wrote:
fur in my mouth, all over my clothes lol. and the MASSIVE burp that he let out yesterday. I have never heard a darned dog burp. Lucky for me I was right by his face Shocked

The other morning, Juno burped like a 50-year old man sitting at a bar. It was unreal---and I was jealous.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Appa burps like a champ, too. Funny how all of us have burpers, and almost nobody believes me that a dog burps. I think it's a nordic thing?
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Juno's Dad wrote:
amynbebes wrote:

The other morning, Juno burped like a 50-year old man sitting at a bar. It was unreal---and I was jealous.

Razz lmfao omg too funny!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Sierra is a burper! she is so cute when she does it cause she has this look on her face that says, was that me?...!

oh i forgot to remove the newspapers from the back of the sofa, Ken got to clean up shredded paper when he got home. i should just start letting her have at it with old bills, better then the shredder we have Razz

Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm

jbealer wrote:
Sierra is a burper! she is so cute when she does it cause she has this look on her face that says, was that me?...!

oh i forgot to remove the newspapers from the back of the sofa, Ken got to clean up shredded paper when he got home. i should just start letting her have at it with old bills, better then the shredder we have Razz
loool, saves electricity too lol xD silly babies.
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I have never herd river burp but he farts every time he streches and also get the hiccups
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 pm

those on FB here is the link
https://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/content/view/1344

for those not on FB no pic but heres the story

Dog eats man’s Masters tickets right before he leaves for Augusta

April 04, 2012 - 4:22PM EST

By Jonathan Wall

Ever heard the excuse, "The dog ate my homework"? Some of us may have actually used that line at one point or another in an attempt to get out of doing our homework in school. Well, folks, it looks like we got the saying wrong. Dogs apparently don't like homework, but they sure do like tickets to the Masters.

The photo you see to your right would be one of Russ Berkman's four tickets to Wednesday's Masters practice round. The Seattle resident hit the jackpot and was all set to enjoy some time golfing and hanging out with a couple of buddies before heading to Augusta to take in the course and the Par 3 Contest.

It sounded like a perfect plan ... until Berkman came home to find his dog, Sierra, had eaten all four of his tickets. I guess his dog didn't appreciate being left out of the trip.

As Berkman told sports radio station KJR in Seattle, he was at a loss for words when he came home to find the strings from the tickets — and only the strings — lying on the floor.

Masters trip canceled, right? Wrong. Berkman ended up feeding his dog Hydrogen peroxide — it's safe for animals to ingest — in an effort to get his dog to puke the tickets back up. The trick worked, leaving Berkman with a pile of puke and ticket pieces.

But the story gets better. Instead of cleaning up the mess, the guy went through the puke, piecing the tickets back together in an attempt to keep to the trip on track. That's what you call dedication.

With the pieces of the tickets and photographic evidence, Berkman made the call to see if Augusta would consider giving him new passes. Thankfully, tournament officials had a sense of humor and made it easy on Berkman, reissuing him four new tickets.

If you take only one thing away from this story, make sure you never leave your Masters tickets in a spot where the family dog has access to them. Doing so could leave you with a real headache ... and lots of puke.

Seems dogs named Sierra like to eat paper!

Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

cbhart wrote:
I have never herd river burp but he farts every time he streches and also get the hiccups

Demon does the stretch and fart and Dakota had the hiccups yesterday...so funny.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 pm

These two are major farters! Is it horrible that I know which one it was by the smell? silent They burp too and Kody gets hiccups every so often.

I must lov'em because I have scratches everywhere and I don't mind. People must think I'm getting beat up or something! I have a few bruises sometimes too. My dogs are brutal!

Oh, and the permanent 7am alarm clocks that don't snooze is pretty annoying too! This is actually where I gain most of the scratches!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Oh, and the permanent 7am alarm clocks that don't snooze is pretty annoying too! This is actually where I gain most of the scratches!

7:00? You're lucky! My Husky alarm is set for 6:30 and goes off without fail every single day. Ghost also belches to the point we call her our little frat boy. Kind of makes me proud Razz She farts occasionally, but it was the worst when we tried out the High Prairie formula of TOTW. Those were peeling paint off the wall...

It'll be fun explaining to our landlords about the strip of carpet she ate. But, she's worth it even if I do lose a little of my deposit.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

7:00? You're lucky! My Husky alarm is set for 6:30 and goes off without fail every single day. Ghost also belches to the point we call her our little frat boy. Kind of makes me proud Razz She farts occasionally, but it was the worst when we tried out the High Prairie formula of TOTW. Those were peeling paint off the wall...

It'll be fun explaining to our landlords about the strip of carpet she ate. But, she's worth it even if I do lose a little of my deposit.

We have to drag our Husky our of bed to take him out in the morning.. He usually in not ready befor 7:30am in the morning. He would just as soon sleep.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm

My only wish is if I didn't have to "Spring" clean every weekend. I'm envious of those who can do light cleaning and it looks better than my deep cleaning. Sigh....always cleaning!
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Oh, wow. Ava burps all the time AND stretches and farts all the time. Whenever she burps, she also gets that face like, "Oh, wow, did I do that? Oh well."

Also, Ava doesn't do the early morning thing either. Most mornings, its all I can do to get her up to go potty, then she immediately runs back in and goes back to bed. Its like she's in a hurry before her spot gets cold Laughing

Quote :
Hair is a condiment in my home. If you don't like, don't come over lol!

I spend more cash on my dogs than I do myself as well. My dogs eat better than I do, they have more expensive stuff than I do, most of the time, and I make sure they are comfortable before I am.

They deserve to be treated like royalty. They are after all, your most loyal companions.

This is perfect. Ava's pretty much saved my life before, so at the very least I owe it to her to give her the best life possible.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:18 pm

ljelgin wrote:
blueeyedghost wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

We have to drag our Husky our of bed to take him out in the morning.. He usually in not ready befor 7:30am in the morning. He would just as soon sleep.

Well it's 7am now with the time change. Before it was 615am! Pretty much they're up when the sun starts rising. I'm sure the rooster in the neighborhood doesn't help either!

Drag him out of bed? That's never happened in my house! Razz
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh MIndy, YES, the cleaning! Dammit the cleaning! I clean for 3 hours and it looks like I didn't do anything! LOL
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 pm

My husky comes in snooze. At 6:30, it's a simple pounce against the side of the bed and a wet nose in the ear. At 7:00, it's the cleaning-your-face-for-you treatment. At 8:00, it's howling in my ear. At 9:00, it's "let's find something really heavy to knock over." Fortunately, I wake up at 5 on weekdays, but this makes weekends less sleepful than they used to be.

Truly disheartening is the rain forecast. I had no idea I was going to get a husky, so I didn't lease a place with a backyard (won't be doing that again). As a result, the dog park 8 mins away is my backyard. An hour or two sufficiently wears him out. Rainy days like today? I swear, it's like Gremlins -- three more of him appear as soon as the rain hits him, and then he becomes a hyperactive super mutant. Thrice today I have played with him to the point he just collapsed into slumber in mid-game. Even now, he's so awake that he won't even lay down all the way. Sooo much energy.

Fortunately, taking him to the dog park so often gives me a place to FURminator him while letting Mama Nature do the cleaning work, which cuts down dramatically on my own cleaning. Now, I only have to wait five days (instead of three) before vacuuming my carpet shows lines where there is fur and is no longer fur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things we deal with just because we lov'em   Things we deal with just because we lov'em - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things we deal with just because we lov'em

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2