It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
AgentCaroline
Puppy
Puppy
AgentCaroline

Female Join date : 2010-09-27

food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:22 am

AgentCaroline wrote:
I admit I got a little freaked out when I just got a notice from National Pet Pharmacy today telling me about the TOTW recall because Buddy and Grace have started having loose stools and more gas than usual early last month and Jasper started having decreased appetite about the same time.

But now their stools seem to be back to normal and coincidentally just last week I decided to try out Canidae because it comes in a bigger bag for about the same price as TOTW and is supposed to be good and now Jasper seems to be getting his appetite back again.

I think in Jasper's case it had more to do with his need for variety. I normally order a different flavor of TOTW every time I order food, but this last time I forgot to change my auto shipment and they sent me the same flavor I ordered the month prior, so I think he was just bored with it. I can't explain Buddy and Grace and I'm not going to jump to conclusions about it being because of TOTW. They seem to be doing ok now, I'm just going to keep an eye on all of them. Smile

I could be mistaken, but I believe Canidae was recalled as well.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/canidae-dog-food-recall/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:37 am

Yeah, Canidae is also processed in the Diamond plant.
Back to top Go down
AgentCaroline
Puppy
Puppy
AgentCaroline

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:44 am

Oh really? I was wondering about that. Thanks for that link Megan! I did get the All Stages one, which is on that list. I just checked the product code and it doesn't match the ones on my bags and I checked the list of states affected by it and luckily my state isn't on it.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:35 am

FYI

I just heard on the Morning news that the reason diamond has been doing the recall is because "PEOPLE" not dogs have been getting sick with salmonella from the dog food.

Is this because people are petting their dogs after they have eatten the food??

I am posting this as a FYI.

I have not read all of this topic so maybe this information as already been stated.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:36 am

I would assume it's from reaching in the bag and scooping or handling the food physically.

But yes, it's majorly a recall to avoid people getting sick- dogs can handle the salmonella.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
HarlosHealthyPets
Puppy
Puppy
HarlosHealthyPets

Male Join date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:09 am

FYI, Canidae had a recall last week, too: http://www.canidae.com/info/index.html

AgentCaroline wrote:
I admit I got a little freaked out when I just got a notice from National Pet Pharmacy today telling me about the TOTW recall because Buddy and Grace have started having loose stools and more gas than usual early last month and Jasper started having decreased appetite about the same time.

But now their stools seem to be back to normal and coincidentally just last week I decided to try out Canidae because it comes in a bigger bag for about the same price as TOTW and is supposed to be good and now Jasper seems to be getting his appetite back again.

I think in Jasper's case it had more to do with his need for variety. I normally order a different flavor of TOTW every time I order food, but this last time I forgot to change my auto shipment and they sent me the same flavor I ordered the month prior, so I think he was just bored with it. I can't explain Buddy and Grace and I'm not going to jump to conclusions about it being because of TOTW. They seem to be doing ok now, I'm just going to keep an eye on all of them. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.harloshealthypets.com
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:22 am

ljelgin wrote:
FYI

I just heard on the Morning news that the reason diamond has been doing the recall is because "PEOPLE" not dogs have been getting sick with salmonella from the dog food.

Is this because people are petting their dogs after they have eatten the food??

I am posting this as a FYI.

I have not read all of this topic so maybe this information as already been stated.
This has definitely already been stated Wink Please read the above posts before contributing to a topic like this. I'm not trying to sound mean, but there has been a lot of panic created over this issue and it's because people aren't reading the information out there.

food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
AgentCaroline
Puppy
Puppy
AgentCaroline

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:30 pm

HarlosHealthyPets wrote:
FYI, Canidae had a recall last week, too: http://www.canidae.com/info/index.html

Already got the heads up, but thanks! Already checked and my bags are in the clear. wave
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:02 pm

The FDA inspection writeup of the Diamond pet food facility, it's not glowing.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/CentersOffices/OfficeofGlobalRegulatoryOperationsandPolicy/ORA/ORAElectronicReadingRoom/UCM304252.pdf
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Lordbroll wrote:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/CentersOffices/OfficeofGlobalRegulatoryOperationsandPolicy/ORA/ORAElectronicReadingRoom/UCM304252.pdf

The thing that makes me laugh is that RESTAURANTS get these write ups, and we still go eat at them (OK, maybe not the conveyor belts, etc, but the no hand washing stations, the touching food, and contamiated food). People get sick from restaurants all the time, and they don't send mass panick or close them all down. So why should everyone be mass panicking about this?

Just my food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 2144500265 on the FDA reports.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Tiff&Kya wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

The thing that makes me laugh is that RESTAURANTS get these write ups, and we still go eat at them (OK, maybe not the conveyor belts, etc, but the no hand washing stations, the touching food, and contamiated food). People get sick from restaurants all the time, and they don't send mass panick or close them all down. So why should everyone be mass panicking about this?

Just my food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 2144500265 on the FDA reports.

No panic here just sharing information. What people do with it is up to them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
Tiff&Kya wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

No panic here just sharing information. What people do with it is up to them.

I wasn't meaning YOU specifically, I only meant in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?   food - Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taste of the Wild Dog Food Recall?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5