It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Snow is coming home!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

home - Snow is coming home! Empty
PostSubject: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:08 am

We are headed to pick up our new husky Snow. She is about an hour and a half drive from where we are (we drove 3 1/2 hours away for a mini vacation this weekend) and then we get to make the 5 hour trip home!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:15 am

Oh exciting.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:18 am

Great news...

There seems to be a lot of new Snows here lately... lol!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm

omg congrats!!! Post pictures as soon as you can Smile
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:44 pm

We have her! Going to see if it will let me post pics from my phone. She's a real sweetheart. Found out more info on her. Breeder said she was shy when she got her and didn't think she would take to being a mother so she just didn't do anything with her. Decided in Jan didn't want her anymore so contacted the rescue and she's been there since. There is going to be a lot of work ahead but it will be worth it Smile now to get us all home (5 or so hours)
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:55 pm

My phone won't let me upload to host pics. I will post some when I get home. We are going to call her Sky.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:47 pm

If you have a smart phone there is a photobucket app where u can upload pics Smile
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:52 pm

After looking at her she doesn't look full blood. She has a short snout almost like a chow. Downloading the app now!
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:59 pm

[img]home - Snow is coming home! IMAG0357[/img]
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Is that a scar on her eye, yea hard to tell what she's mixed with
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Ps- is there anyway to find out what happened w Ed if he got fostered or lived?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:05 pm

SHe is pretty.. I am not sure if she is mix.. I would not worry much about it..
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Ed and the other puppies are fostered at the vet techs house Smile. They are going to call me when/if something does happen or when he is deemed healthy. Her eye was runny when we got her. She is also dirty and needs brushed badly. Good news is her and chase love eachother Smile.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Glad her and Chase like each other! Congratulations on your new baby!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Great to hear that everything is going well and she and Chase have hit it off. She's a gorgeous girl, mix or not.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

home - Snow is coming home! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm

jedwards wrote:
Ed and the other puppies are fostered at the vet techs house Smile. They are going to call me when/if something does happen or when he is deemed healthy. Her eye was runny when we got her. She is also dirty and needs brushed badly. Good news is her and chase love eachother Smile.

That's great, I guess you will just need to have 3 dogs now. Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm

She is VERY afraid of people. The rescue said she would prefer to stay in her kennel all day if you let her. Sad going to be a lot of work
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Lots of treats!
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:15 pm

I tried to give her a treat and she just turned her nose. My daughter tried a cheeto and she licked it and turned away. I even tried a french fry lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm

My blaze will no eat salty foods like cheetos or fries..

He love cheese and gummies ( I know they are not good for dogs).

I made some treats that blaze likes flax seeds parm. cheese water bakes until brown..He loves these..

Of course my dogs does not eat much now that is is getting hot he only eats about 1 cup of food a day.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Aww I love her! Lol it's hard to tell if she is mixed or not, but either way, she looks like such a sweet girl! I love her eyes. I'm so glad she is finally home!! You will have to post a bunch of pictures after you have her all pretty with a bath and brushed! Hopefully she isn't too bad in the bath, my snow HATES any type of water that isn't in her water bowl lol
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:26 pm

We had another member earlier this year with a very timid dog, and it's something that you have to take VERY slowly. I think having Chase around will likely help the situation, because she will see him interacting with you guys and hopefully figure out that you are alright. Just be patient and if she's in her kennel leave her be. It will take some time, but hopefully she will come out of her shell for you guys.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

home - Snow is coming home! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:40 pm

My boyfriend is giving her a bath right now Smile I will make her an album for the pictures!

I am going to have to try those treats!

Chase was home alone while we went to Branson for the weekend. My friend checked on him yesterday but didn't give me much info except that he was great (the one that had all the dogs I dog sat). When we got home he was SO excited he didn't even realize she was there for a minute. I am happy to report there was NO poop or pee in the house and no damage except to the wood blinds in my daughters room (he got the door open). He tore up the blinds from about mid way down trying to get out. Poor baby Sad This is after I cleaned up the mess and what is left of the blinds.

home - Snow is coming home! Imag0311
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:10 pm

SO happy we brought her home. We could tell she was dirty and needed a bath and brushed but when boyfriend gave her a shower the skunk smell came alive, it looked like chocolate milk pouring off her, and the hair was massive. This poor poor dog hasn't been groomed in awhile. Sad
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:11 pm

We actually don't have a kennel but will be purchasing one if she doesn't seem like she's adjusting well. She's been laying kind of off to the side where she can see what's going on. She doesn't run when you approach her (if she's laying) but she does cower down and kind of bunch herself up (scooting backwards).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow is coming home!   home - Snow is coming home! Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow is coming home!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next