It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dog Size Question...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luis Franco
Newborn
Newborn
Luis Franco

Male Join date : 2012-06-27

Dog Size Question... Empty
PostSubject: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:06 am

We just got a Sibe about 3 weeks ago as part of an engagement present for my fiance.

And were loving every minute of it (We currently have a 10 Month old Beagle and no prior dog experience). We went back to see how my Sibe's siblings were doing to find them alot larger than mine, and i kinda got concerned.

Is there a guideline or standard to sibes sizes as they grow up??

Breeder (not really), was feeding them Beneful Puppy food,

I feed my dogs Exceed, i know its not the best brand, but have a hard time on getting good food at a decent price (waiting for BB Wilderness to arrive)
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:41 am

Where are you located that you can't get good quality kibble, if you dont mind me asking?

What is the dogs weight, height and age. Smile That will help us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:49 am

From the Siberian Husky Club website:

General Appearance

The Siberian Husky is a medium-sized working dog, quick and light on his feet and free and graceful in action. His moderately compact and well-furred body, erect ears and brush tail suggest his Northern heritage. His characteristic gait is smooth and seemingly effortless. He performs his original function in harness most capably, carrying a light load at a moderate speed over great distances. His body proportions and form reflect this basic balance of power, speed and endurance. The males of the Siberian Husky breed are masculine but never coarse; the bitches are feminine but without weakness of structure. In proper condition, with muscle firm and well developed, the Siberian Husky does not carry excess weight.

Size, Proportion, Substance

Height: Dogs, 21 to 23 1/2 inches at the withers. Bitches, 20 to 22 inches at the withers.
Weight: Dogs, 45 to 60 pounds. Bitches, 35 to 50 pounds. Weight is in proportion to height. The measurements mentioned above represent the extreme height and weight limits with no preference given to either extreme. Any appearance of excessive bone or weight should be penalized. In profile, the length of the body from the point of the shoulder to the rear point of the croup is slightly longer than the height of the body from the ground to the top of the withers.

Disqualification: Dogs over 23 1/2 inches and bitches over 22 inches.

That said, lots of Sibes on this site are smaller than standard (my dog is 43 lbs.) and some are bigger (I've had a 60 lb. female before too), but it really doesn't matter. Big or small, we love our siberians.
Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 am

Luna is on the small side which i don't mind at all haha makes her look like a puppy all the time! She's 38lbs and about a year and 4 months.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 am

Have you considered Taste of the Wild? If there's no suppliers by you, you can buy from wag.com they have free shipping. You can get a 30lb for around $45 on there.
Back to top Go down
Luis Franco
Newborn
Newborn
Luis Franco

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:19 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Where are you located that you can't get good quality kibble, if you dont mind me asking?

What is the dogs weight, height and age. Smile That will help us.

Located in saltillo, Mexico, mid size town..

I can get good quality food, i ment is is excedenly priced, actually have some frien bringing me some Blue Buffalo from the states..
Back to top Go down
Luis Franco
Newborn
Newborn
Luis Franco

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Have you considered Taste of the Wild? If there's no suppliers by you, you can buy from wag.com they have free shipping. You can get a 30lb for around $45 on there.

Ill try that,
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I found this website, it has some good information. Also if you google, "adult dog size calculator", there is a calculator that takes the dogs age and weight and gives you an estimate on the adult size. Not sure how accurate it is, but it might be good for a ball park estimate!

http://www.dailypuppy.com/articles/how-to-calculate-adult-dog-weight-during-puppyhood_784.html
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 pm

I tried the calculator, just for fun, estimated Raven to be 73 lbs. No way that is accurate. lol!
I do think she will be larger than the standard though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Size Question...   Dog Size Question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog Size Question...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1