It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Your pet peeves of other dog owners?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 pm

SabakaMom wrote:

11) Owners of tiny, purse-sized dogs who ARE in purses at a grocery store (I don't like dogs around food)

Ha! I take Drama into Super Walmart all the time(even though I never went to the food side). you'd probably not like me. HAHA! When our other pom was little, I would stick him in my shirt and walk around walmart.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

My pet peeve is when other dog owners don't care that their dog is untrained and has no manners. But I want to teach my dog to be good in public and I hate it when they encourage my puppy's bad behavior. "Oh you're jumping on me? It's okay because you're soooo cute", no it's not okay, I don't want her to jump on people!!

Also I hate it when people ignore their dogs at the dog park and get mad when I try to pull their overly aggressive dog off my dog. I had to do that today as a matter of fact, there was a lady reading her magazine and her dog kept attacking Luna and I had to pull him off her by his collar and she kept giving me dirty looks but not doing anything!!
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Tiff&Kya wrote:
SabakaMom wrote:

11) Owners of tiny, purse-sized dogs who ARE in purses at a grocery store (I don't like dogs around food)

Ha! I take Drama into Super Walmart all the time(even though I never went to the food side). you'd probably not like me. HAHA! When our other pom was little, I would stick him in my shirt and walk around walmart.

I am just easily annoyed...SO I would probably like you (because you are a fun dog-loving person) but be annoyed with you all at the same time! Wink

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I think you guys all got it covered, but the unleashed dog thing really pisses me off! Even more when the the owner tells me that their dog is friendly. That's WONDERFUL for you, but my diva isn't doggie friendly. Put a kid in front of her and she melts to pieces. A dog...not so much. Oh, and the dogs tied up all day long. There's a GSD and a pitbull mix looking dog that live tied up down the block. I see these poor dogs everyday. Not only are they tied up, but their front gate is completely open so god forbid they snap their collar or chain one day...my dogs are toast. They don't like us too much. Bring your dogs in the house and close your damn gate! Evil or Very Mad

The little dog at the dog park thing annoys me too! Just the other day some guy brought in a Dachshund and of course Asia and Kody were trying to play. Dog didn't want to play and the owner was telling me to get my dogs. Ummm, no buddy, you're in the BIG dog section. My dogs just want to play. So, you pick up your little wiener and either move to the small dog side or deal with it. So pissed.

Dogs getting extremely over weight and owners not doing anything really gets under my skin too. Mya got fat, but I took action and look at her now!
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Alot that I hate has already been listed. I'll add 2 more:

1) The dog park has posted rules that say no unsupervised children under 12. Just last week we had a 4 yr old boy wander into the park by himself. A few concerned owners actually called the police because his parents were nowhere to be found. 30 mins later dad shows up just as the cops are arriving. When asked why he didn't come sooner, he said: "we were over at the playground with our other kids, when we saw he was missing we figured he'd come back eventually." Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 1625187496 (*&*)(&&^^&!!@@@$#$! Some idiots should not be able to have kids!

2) When owners come bring their dog into the park, let him loose and then leave to go sit in the car...... Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 85993
Back to top Go down
Callicocat
Puppy
Puppy
Callicocat

Female Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 pm

While I think most everything has been listed.

I hate people that don't pick up their dog's poop, and living in the city it's a lot of them!

Also people that try to stealth pet my puppy...just ask what if he's not friendly (he is), just because he's cute doesn't give you license to pet him without permission. I'm not gonna go and just pet a random dog that's an invasion of their space.

Also flexi leashes! This past weekend my boyfriend and I were walking out dog around a lake and a lady wasn't paying attention to her dog on a flexi leash and the dog scared the crap out of me just sneaking up on us from behind.

And gum on the ground has become my new nemisis because Rue has sat in gum once and walked through freshly dropped gum. Clipping gum out of husky fur and around the pads of their feet is not fun for anyone.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Sooo many issues with dog parks...

It may sound as if I live in the boonies, but we STILL don't have a dog park. It's in some level of planning/development right now and I'm supposed to be voting in that "Bark for Your Park" contest on-line again this year, but I'm not sure I'm even going to like this dog park...
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Dog parks are a great concept. I didn't even know they existed until we moved out here to CO. Smile That being said, it's the people who don't care that cause the issues. Most dog parks here have a small dog area and a big dog area...why is it so hard to let your little pomeranian or chihuahua (no offense to owners here...they were the only small breeds I could think of) stay in the small dog area WHICH IS LABELED?? Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 1625187496
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:24 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
Sooo many issues with dog parks...

It may sound as if I live in the boonies, but we STILL don't have a dog park. It's in some level of planning/development right now and I'm supposed to be voting in that "Bark for Your Park" contest on-line again this year, but I'm not sure I'm even going to like this dog park...

We won the Bark for Your Park last year and our park just opened up. Its so nice to have somewhere like that to take Ava, even if its an hour away. Right now, its just a fenced in area with a few benches, then a smaller area for little dogs, but eventually they're supposed to add in all the Petsafe equipment.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Oh so many to choose from. . . So I will go with a couple I haven't seen listed here yet. . .

First, people, like my neighbor (who is also guilty of many of the things already listed), who don't have a fenced yard, don't walk their dogs and don't have tie-outs for their dogs and think that opening the front door and letting their dog run "stray dog style" (i.e. no supervision, no limits, no recall command) is an appropriate way to exercise their dog.

Second, and my personal favorite, are the dog owners we pass on our walks who have to stop to tell me how horrible husky's are. While my husky sits patiently and quietly at my feet waiting for her walk to resume and while their dog pulls at the leash, lunges at me and Saphire all the while barking, yipping and growling!! I just have to shake my head and laugh. Sometimes you just wonder if its the dog or the owner that is the problem.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm

All of the above plus the fact that we have a kid in our area that walks his spaniel and just before arriving home drops his bag o' crap where ever he pleases. Not sure if his parents don't want dog crap in the trash or what but I prefer not to walk around poo bags either.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Quote :
2) When owners come bring their dog into the park, let him loose and then leave to go sit in the car......
[quote]

I was told that some people here have even brought there dogs to the dog park left them so they could out and eat somewhere in the evening.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I try really hard to forgive stupid people - but I cannot stand when people tell me I'm crazy for what I spend on my dogs. I recently got "It's not like they are children."

That lady is lucky I didn't give a swift kick to the jaw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:16 pm

It was funny the first time I heard finally, but it gets a lil old to hear "don't pet that one, its a wolf" at petsmart
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 pm

[quote="ljelgin"]
Quote :
2) When owners come bring their dog into the park, let him loose and then leave to go sit in the car......
Quote :

I was told that some people here have even brought there dogs to the dog park left them so they could out and eat somewhere in the evening.

Mad Makes you wish there was a law that let you Gibbs slap someone for being stupid.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 pm

My neighbors behind me breed their PitBull, and had a litter about 4 months ago. He thinks keeping three of the puppies is a great idea,and since he works at night the pups sleep on his balcony....where they bark from about 11pm-6am every single night. It is so annoying and sleeping is impossible. I have done everything from sending anonymous letters, calling animal control, calling the non emergency police number, all to no avail. I haven't approached him about it yet, I was trying to avoid that, but I think that's our next option.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 pm

I think my biggest pet peeve honestly is people who let their animals wander with no regard for their neighbors. It's not so much of a problem with dogs at least in my neighborhood, though the dog next door does leave the occasional bomb on our front lawn. The biggest problem I have is people who think it's acceptable to let cats wander everywhere. We have a HUGE problem with cats crapping in our back yard, then the dogs eating it. I have no problem going after the neighbors responsible if one of the dogs gets sick, but up to this point they've all ignored complaints. Animal control around here sucks too.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:48 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
I think my biggest pet peeve honestly is people who let their animals wander with no regard for their neighbors. It's not so much of a problem with dogs at least in my neighborhood, though the dog next door does leave the occasional bomb on our front lawn. The biggest problem I have is people who think it's acceptable to let cats wander everywhere. We have a HUGE problem with cats crapping in our back yard, then the dogs eating it. I have no problem going after the neighbors responsible if one of the dogs gets sick, but up to this point they've all ignored complaints. Animal control around here sucks too.

one more reason to come back to the midwest.... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 pm

NUMBER ONE PET PEEVE! People are AWFUL about walking their pitbulls and GSD with chains attached around their necks with padlocks. They aren't neglected or under nourished, so by law we can't do anything. I saw NO LIE 3 dogs with chains at the beach in a matter of an hour.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:

AMEN! We have cats at our backdoor every night, all night, because I made the mistake of feeding a few strays once!
Back to top Go down
NatalieJ
Newborn
Newborn
NatalieJ

Female Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 am

People bringing their stupid aggressive dogs into shopping centers!

I'm a manager at a supermarket here ( I guess it's a little like a walmart) and today we had 2 rotweilers being led by some idiot yelling conversation on his phone into my store, we allow seeing-eye-dogs (for whatever reason a seeing impaired person would be shopping) but it's the law here, no dogs in public shopping areas!

So this guy, completely ignores me to take his dogs outside who were growling at me, teeth bared and all, the dogs are on a split lead choker chains and are like literally choking themselves being restrained, so they kept growling at people, one went off his nutt at a mother with her child in a stroller, then the idiot, STILL on the phone goes down the pet isle and they destroy a few toys and tear open a bag of dog biscuits, while the douchebag owner tells whoever he is talking to on the phone about it! So when centre security FINALLY arrive, the littler of the two bites his pants!

I have never wanted to slap a person so bad before, wake up to yourself!

Turns out he was a German fella(No offence) who apparently is 'allowed to bring his dogs where they like'. Not here buddy, not my store.

Made him pay for the damages too.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:17 am

Hmmm in no particular order:

People who walk their dogs, letting them go in my yard and not picking it up!
People who let out dogs at 6am and then let them bark and wake me up!
People who let big dogs run up to small kids scaring them!
People who let their dogs barge up to me when I'm walking mine!
People who bring their obviously sick dogs to petsmart!
People who do not get their pets proper vet care!

I could go on lol
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 am

It also really bother's me when people bring food into the dog park. My dog's are possessive over food and when they are sitting pretty waiting for "their treat" and another dog comes around to do the same, it start's a huge fight, then my dog gets the finger pointed that he's the aggressive one. Just avoid bringing in food all together!

Some dog's have food allergies and this lady was passing out cheese without asking the dog's owner and his dog ended up sick.

When I'm walking my dog out in public and parents let their children get in my dog's face, because their child "loves doggies". That's great for some dog's, but mine aren't fan's of children. When I tell them to pet Nicky, since she's a puppy of course they go straight for Hayden and the mom is too busy taking pictures instead of correcting her child. Then looks at me like the mean one, because I'm walking away.

Last edited by Hayden_69 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:

When I'm walking my dog out in public and parents let their children get in my dog's face, because their child "loves doggies". That's great for some dog's, but mine aren't fan's of children. When I tell them to pet Nicky, since she's a puppy of course they go straight for Hayden and the mom is too busy taking pictures instead of correcting her child. Then looks at me like I'm mean the mean one, because I'm walking away.

THIS!!!! CONTROL YOUR KIDS!!!

A) who knows if a dog is safe or not.
B) what if the dog is in training and needs to learn what to do with kids?
C)i hate stupid parents.

and on other notes... I couldn't even begin to start a list of the things that bother me when i'm walking Khuno. My list is probably 15-20 items long because people in baltimore are just... how do I put this politically correct... STUPID.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm

The man walking his beagle who just let his dog poop in my neighbor's yard across the street without picking it up. As I'm sitting right here on the porch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your pet peeves of other dog owners?   Your pet peeves of other dog owners? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your pet peeves of other dog owners?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next