It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Im going to start recruiting people, I dont know why I ididnt think of this before, but either way Im glad the vet wants to do this and wants me to be a part of it, maybe we can actually make a difference here in ELP.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:20 pm

That's fantastic!!! This was MEANT to be - you finding Isis, you going to that vet, this is so awesome!

I copied a print out from animal control with laws, bylaws and the fines/penalties. I highlight each area with a yellow highlighter and post it on their door. All our neighbors banded together to report a neighbor neglecting his german shepherds and got him taken to Animal Control court. They forced him to spay/neuter the dogs and build a better fence and would check up on him. We also go to neighborhood council meetings and make sure we support all of the block watch captains (neighbors just set one up for our street a few months ago). People know the crazy husky lady is watching them and many took measures to not let their dogs roam anymore. Wink It'll make such a huge difference, Christina! Smile Congrats! And so glad Isis is doing better!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Glad every things taken a turn for the better Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:39 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
That's fantastic!!! This was MEANT to be - you finding Isis, you going to that vet, this is so awesome!

I copied a print out from animal control with laws, bylaws and the fines/penalties. I highlight each area with a yellow highlighter and post it on their door. All our neighbors banded together to report a neighbor neglecting his german shepherds and got him taken to Animal Control court. They forced him to spay/neuter the dogs and build a better fence and would check up on him. We also go to neighborhood council meetings and make sure we support all of the block watch captains (neighbors just set one up for our street a few months ago). People know the crazy husky lady is watching them and many took measures to not let their dogs roam anymore. Wink It'll make such a huge difference, Christina! Smile Congrats! And so glad Isis is doing better!
I really do hope so, every animal deserves a happy home, and I cant take them all in but I sure as hell can make sure they go to good homes and are not stuck in bad ones.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Texas laws define cruelty to include two general types of actions, intentional actions and failure to act. Intentional cruel actions include: (1) torturing an animal; (2) transporting or confining an animal in a cruel manner; (3) killing, seriously injuring, or poisoning an animal; (4) causing an animal to fight with another; (5) using a live animal as a lure in a dog race; (6) tripping a horse; (7) injuring an animal belonging to another; or (Cool seriously overworking an animal. The state of Texas also has criminal laws that specifically prohibit dog fighting.

Cruel treatment also includes situations where a person has failed to act or failed to provide care for an animal. Failing to act or failing to provide care rises to the level of cruelty when it involves either: (1) failing to provide necessary food, care or shelter; or (2) unreasonably abandoning an animal.

For cruelty convictions involving depriving an animal of food or water, abandoning an animal, transporting an animal in a cruel manner, injuring someone else’s animal, and overworking an animal, the defendant will be punished with a Class A misdemeanor, which may include a fine up to $4,000, jail time up to a year, or both. If the conviction is a third offense involving these actions, the state may punish the defendant with a state jail felony. Under Texas law, a state jail felony may include jail time ranging from 180 days to 2 years and a fine up to $10,000.

Some cruel actions warrant harsher punishments even on the first conviction. For cruelty offenses involving the torture, killing, seriously injuring, poisoning, fighting, or tripping of an animal, a state jail felony may be imposed on the first conviction. If a defendant is convicted three times under these harsher penalties, he may be subject to a third degree felony sentence, which translates to imprisonment ranging from 2 to 10 years and a possible fine of up to $10,000.
-----------------
I need to shorten this into something any low life abuser can understand. If anyone has some ideas on how to word this I would greatly love you forever.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Glad everything turned out good for Isis and that steps are being taken to end animal abuse. Just curious though and let me know if I'm stepping out of line here. Once your transaction is complete with the person who owned Isis and was clearly was mistreating her will steps be taken against her for past and/or potentially future abuse?
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 pm

xredrainx wrote:
Glad everything turned out good for Isis and that steps are being taken to end animal abuse. Just curious though and let me know if I'm stepping out of line here. Once your transaction is complete with the person who owned Isis and was clearly was mistreating her will steps be taken against her for past and/or potentially future abuse?
absolutely, I made sure no where in our agreement it said I wouldnt go after her. My vet took alot of pictures of her to document her condition when I got her and his medical reports on her as well, Ive essentially got this woman trapped, her signature on the paper saying SHE OWNED SKYY and was selling her to me on that days date, there really isnt a way for her to get out of it, I am just waiting on some other information before I go further with this lady Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Thats the only reason I was making nice with this lady, lol give her a false sense of security so to speak, Ive almost got everything I need to take this further, I am only waiting on getting copies of the reports I made with the local shelters and animal control.
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:23 pm

So happy Isis is better! Saw this on an animal rights campaign site that a friend works with. i can't stand people that chain their dogs out/leave them outside 24/7. thought it was cute so I'm sharing Smile

Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 578800_400604273320644_237076889_n

it's a doghouse, not a doghome. bring us in!
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Christina I like your style lol. Cool, calm and collected on the outside but ready to drop her like third period french at a moment's notice. Continue with the fine work your doing Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

xredrainx wrote:
Christina I like your style lol. Cool, calm and collected on the outside but ready to drop her like third period french at a moment's notice. Continue with the fine work your doing Smile
LOL Its like I say, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Well Isis is home but she has been so sad Sad I can tell its not "just in my head" she even looks sad Sad
Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 Dsc_0617
Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 Dsc_0618
Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 Dsc_0619
Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 Dsc_0620
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Awe! Poor baby is heartbroken from her puppies! :'(
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 pm

The poor baby she does look sad.. How much longer does she need to carry the puppies to term..??
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:18 pm

ljelgin wrote:
The poor baby she does look sad.. How much longer does she need to carry the puppies to term..??
Sad She is, She is just laying her eon the floor next to me. I went through two miscarriages one I was 3 months and one I was 4 1/2 I can sympathize with her.

Her doc and I both agreed that in two weeks if the pups are a good weight and no problems have come up between now and then that he will go ahead and more than likely enduce her and perhaps surgically take them out, hes worried that her stitched up tear in the uterous will rip open if she contracts.
Back to top Go down
Callicocat
Puppy
Puppy
Callicocat

Female Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm so happy you got to Isis when you could! And great job taking care of her and going after that lady! Isis and her puppies are in my thoughts and I wish you all the best.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Callicocat wrote:
I'm so happy you got to Isis when you could! And great job taking care of her and going after that lady! Isis and her puppies are in my thoughts and I wish you all the best.

Oh my gosh there are so many new people here I havent even gottent o meet yet, Your Rue is BEAUTIFUL! I Absolutly love Rue's markings.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm sending you and Isis good vibes! So sad she had to lose 3 puppies. Sad
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:40 pm

i'm so happy she is doing well. she looks so sad Sad i'm honestly getting all choked up just looking at her.

Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Gilly wrote:
i'm so happy she is doing well. she looks so sad Sad i'm honestly getting all choked up just looking at her.

The pics arent even as bad as her here right now, she follows me everywhere and when she walks she hangs her head down and he tail just hangs there limp, she just walks around like there is no purpose, its breaking my heart.
Back to top Go down
Callicocat
Puppy
Puppy
Callicocat

Female Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:43 pm

MetalMama wrote:
Callicocat wrote:

Oh my gosh there are so many new people here I havent even gottent o meet yet, Your Rue is BEAUTIFUL! I Absolutly love Rue's markings.

Thanks Smile I'll have to post an updated photo they are much more defined now
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Thank god that you got to her in time, thank god! That poor dear she looks so sad! But now she will be happy with you, will you keep her?
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm

At least she has you and those other two pups. She will be okay, but I personally believe dogs can feel sadness, fear and a lot of human emotion regardless of what others say. You are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Balonsmom wrote:
Thank god that you got to her in time, thank god! That poor dear she looks so sad! But now she will be happy with you, will you keep her?
Im pretty positive Im keeping her, This poor girl has been through so much and her and I have really bonded in ways that I dont know how to explain really without it sounding sappy.

Megan, I completely agree, just because they have no voices to tell us doesnt mean they dont feel, thats why as humans who do have voices should speak FOR them, if that makes sense...
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I am glad you are keeping her.. How does she do with Roxy now?? I know her and Axle have bond to an extent. Keep us posted and updated on her status. We like pictures..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*   Isis Update! *NEW+PIX* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Isis Update! *NEW+PIX*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next