It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Empty
PostSubject: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I found this pup and am just in love with her <3 She has one blue eye and one party. If only we didn't have 3 dogs and Neeka wasn't so young.... I have caught the husky bug for sure. I will be travelling this weekend and she is near the city that I'll be in. So tempted to go see her.

Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... ScreenHunter_01Aug291917
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 pm

What a cutie! love her colour. i just want to bundle her up and cuddle her! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Well like they say, 3 is a Ménage à trois, and 4 is a party.

scratch

I do like the color of the pup.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm

I could just imagine the party in my living room!!!!! I am in love with her color too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm

it sure would be a party! i can just imagine the work out the vacuum would be getting, having to suck up all that hair that gets stuck in the carpet as they shed and blow their coats, gets worked fairly hard as it is with the 3 of ours. But 4 is a nice even number!
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:12 am

She is a very wild looking one, absolutely stunning!
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:31 am

You definitely have more will power that I do. I wouldn't just be thinking about stopping I would have it planned already and I wouldn't just look! Hence the reason I avoid even looking for a possible. I am not ready for a second YET!
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

I have contacted the breeder and asked for her address..... I really want to stop. But know that I shouldn't!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Just go ahead and look Smile I have 6 and want another hehe
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 pm

The hubby would kill me!!!! Good thing she is not old enough to leave mama yet.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:01 pm

taveraw wrote:
I have contacted the breeder and asked for her address..... I really want to stop. But know that I shouldn't!!!!

You look at the pup in person you'll be hooked.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
taveraw wrote:

You look at the pup in person you'll be hooked.

That is exactly what I am afraid of. But my daughter really wants to see the pups
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:58 pm

OK, I went to see the pup. First off, I have to say she is beautiful! Perhaps agouti in coloring. She has 2 parti eyes. One is mostly brown with a diamond shaped blue area. The other is mostly blue with 3 brown dots in it. I would love to take her Smile But I am concerned with my pup being so young... and where would I put a new crate, the cost of shots and spay etc.

OK now for the pro's from the breeder's visit.
Mom and dad's eyes are both certified
They breed for working quality dogs
Good pedigrees
AKC Registerabled
Mom will not be bred again for 2 years

Con's from the breeder's visit
Mom and dad's hips are not checked. They feel that since they are working dogs with no issues that hips are OK.
I did not get to see the parents or any of the other pups. She said that mom is skinny from nursing. The other pups were not brought out since it would be confusing.
I was unable to hold or play with the pup. Reason is that she did not have any shots yet and they wanted to be careful.
Feed is Iams - eww
The pup seemed strangely calm.

What do you guys think - too many red-flags???

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:47 am

I think it's very strange not letting you see the mom and other puppies. I do get where she's coming from with not letting you touch her though.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:39 pm

The only thing that I can think of is maybe the mom is just a breeder. Heard of them that are confined to crates just to breed. I hope not.... but that is the only reason I could see to not let us see her.

When we got Neeka, Mom, Dad and pups were running all over the place.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am

That is a bit weird. When we went to get Elara (though the litter was 8 weeks old at that point), we got to see the whole litter, both parent's, where the puppies and parents were being kept, and all the breeder's other dogs. The breeder didn't try to hide anything. I have heard the thought that racing dog's hips are tested just by racing a lot, but some still think you should still do OFA. Do you know for a fact that they race? Cause I know one breeder who likes to claim her dogs are "dual" siberians: good show and racing dogs, but she's even admitted that she doesn't race her dogs! And she doesn't seem to do all that great in the show ring either. So it's a bit silly for her to claim her dogs are such good "dual" siberians.

Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 am

I think she is hiding something by refusing to show the mom or other pups. The mom would lose some weight but if it is extreme then she is more then likely one litter shy of a puppy mill producer.

I suggest walk away as yeah the red flags are flapping and there isn't any wind, except what comes from the breeders mouth.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:32 am

OK so I find myself still thinking about this pup. The breeder re-contacted me and has offered to work with me on price if I want her.

So the breeder is very heavily into breeding work quality dogs, sappala lines. This litter is claimed to be high content. (many of her dogs are claimed to be 95%-98%) Her color pattern matches descriptions that i have read.

Maybe mom is thin because of her lines and thinner due to pups?

Coloring from online:
Many Seppalas are pure white or buff and white. Others are very dark, black, or charcoal grey with dark faces and white only on the feet and tail tip. There are many varied shades of grey, brownish grey, and blue-grey. “Sable” reds with black-tipped guard hairs and black noses occur, but the liver-nosed “copper” phase seen in other lines of Siberian Huskies is unknown in pure Seppalas. Agouti "wild type" coloration and piebald spotting are common.

Their dogs look leggy and long - Some of their dogs:
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Britmarch
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Bleumarch
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Irish2

What do you guys think? Sappala?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 am

I think they could be Seppala. Is she willing to show you the parents pedigrees? Or at least their AKC names so we could help you find information on the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 am

taveraw wrote:
OK so I find myself still thinking about this pup. The breeder re-contacted me and has offered to work with me on price if I want her.

So the breeder is very heavily into breeding work quality dogs, sappala lines. This litter is claimed to be high content. (many of her dogs are claimed to be 95%-98%) Her color pattern matches descriptions that i have read.

Maybe mom is thin because of her lines and thinner due to pups?

Their dogs look leggy and long - Some of their dogs:
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Britmarch
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Bleumarch
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Irish2

What do you guys think? Sappala?

Whoa hate to pee in your coffee but after seeing and reading the above I trust this "breeder" even less. If her claims are not on paper then what ever she says is mostly worthless. PLUS the fact that the dogs are weighed down with massive chains shows lack of respect for her dogs. Mama Husky doesn't look to happy and why is the owner holding he up by the belly? My last Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... 2144500265 before I get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 am

I think you're going to get a lot of responses across the board with this one. In the end it's up to you. I hate the chain thing, regardless if it's because they're "racing" and that's just the easiest way to house them... If you have that many, you have too many. Just in my opinion.

Mom is probably thin due to both her lines and just given birth, most from the racing side are lankier and skinnier. What I would be concerned with is the temperament of the parents. While they may be good "working quality" how are they with being pets? The issue that you couldn't even meet mom or dad would irritate me.

I, personally, wouldn't support this breeder but that's because I don't like what I see. I'm not into the whole "Sappala" thing so can't help much in that regard.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:21 am

I'm with Len on this one, those photos don't look great. I saw you had been there to visit the pup, what did the facilities look like?? I was nervous when we went to the breeder we got Tika at because their home was verging on hoarding (we had checked into them a lot) but when we got to the dogs, they were so well treated and cared for, we were immediatly put at ease. If she still doesn't let you see mom and other pups, I would walk away, this sound a bit too sketchy for me.
That's m opinion anyways, if she breeds "working dogs" then ask for references from people who have bought them. I don't think you should take this breeders word if they haven't bothered with even checking hips.
Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... 2144500265
Kelly

Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Those dogs in those pictures are so skinny (most likely) because they aren't purebred Siberians - let alone Seppala's. Those very much resemble Alaskan's and because of their "racey" look, (being so thin) look like they have some kind of hound in them. Though they could be sprint Siberians - they look far more exaggerated to me to be a purebred.

Seppala's will still very much look like Siberian's - the original imports were NOT racey (as those dogs are). The Seppala dogs is supposed to be the preservation of his line - those dogs should very much still look like a Siberian Husky.

Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Oil_pa11

Last edited by Niraya on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 pm

I second all of the above.

Question - what state are they in and are these dogs outdoors. I know that if they have a large number of dogs in Michigan, you have to have a kennel license and go through inspection. I would be concerned that something illegal or immoral is going on.

just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 pm

I am concerned too - thus why I am asking Smile I appreciate all of your feedback. I felt really weird not being able to see any of the facility. I just got to stay in the driveway and watch her hold the pup.

I don't want to name the kennel publicly, but will PM it. It is in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....   Oh my goodness, in love with this pup.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh my goodness, in love with this pup....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next