It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiya's momma
Newborn
Newborn
Shiya's momma

Female Join date : 2011-09-28

Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th Empty
PostSubject: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 am

Rescueme.org

Animal ID: Pen 6Arturo (male)

Siberian Husky Age: Puppy

Personality: High Energy, Average Temperament
Health: Needs to be Neutered

this guy was picked up as a stray by our animal control he appears to be huskey and/or malamute,he appears to be purebred, MUST find someone to rescue him BEFORE Friday morn, sept.14th as that is the time our animal control will euthanize him, our rescue group is TOTALLLY full as we have no facility and only foster out of our homes... PLEASE if anyone can help, like now please make contact and we can do whatever it is we need to do to get him to you

Animal Location:

Kay County Ponca City, OK 74691-5918 MAP IT!

Facebook: Email to Friend Problems/Corrections No Longer Available
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:20 pm

What is the adoption fee? I really want to help somehow but I live 13 hours away, plus I work from 4-9 today and then 11-8 tomorrow, so I can't drive out :[ I feel bad though, he's such a pretty boy </3
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 pm

I called an OK Animal shelter the other day and he said the adoption fee is whatever the spay/neuter is. I hope he find's a home quickly.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Jenifer - is there any way you can foster short term until the rescue finds a long term foster? Brian here - Lord Broll - helps out with the OK husky rescue...
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm

ok, so after reading a bit more info on him, it completely broke my heart! I called the lady Sherry and she said that she could pull him from the shelter and as late as tomorrow morning and there is NO ADOPTION FEE! She just need's someone to help him, either temporary fostering or forever home. She believe's he is a year old and calling me back with more information. Poor baby has only been there 3 day's and tomorrow after lunch he will be put down if no one can help. I'm trying to contact my local Husky Rescue and see if we can work out some sort of a transport or something to save this guy.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Ponca City is about 2 hours north of OKC and about an hour from Stillwater - anyone know anyone that could short term foster?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Sherry told me they transport! Her husband drives up to 4 hours to meet people, so transporting is not a problem. She just need's someone to volunteer to foster or adopt.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:33 pm

The only thing I was worried about at first was the adoption fee because I pay for everything with my credit card, so I never have cash XD Since there is no fee thats out of the way, I'd love to take him but like I said before I work from 11-8 on friday and since I live 13 hours away, getting him myself is a problem. Any ideas? I really want to help this guy out!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Shared but without pics it maybe hopeless Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th 12-09-13-00032
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks I will share it!!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm working with this lady on pulling him and having him transported to VA. They can't pull him until tomorrow morning, so the "owners" will have a full 3 days to claim him. If all goes well, he'll be on his way here and I will be fostering him.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
I'm working with this lady on pulling him and having him transported to VA. They can't pull him until tomorrow morning, so the "owners" will have a full 3 days to claim him. If all goes well, he'll be on his way here and I will be fostering him.

Smile I love you Smile I love you Smile

Several things working on my end but nothing definite. Hope we can save him.
Back to top Go down
Shiya's momma
Newborn
Newborn
Shiya's momma

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Jenifer - is there any way you can foster short term until the rescue finds a long term foster? Brian here - Lord Broll - helps out with the OK husky rescue...

I wish I could Brian but my home was effected during the wildfires on Aug 3rd in Norman. My water shed was burned and well I have been re-homed for the last 7 wks myself! Or I would snatch that precious boy up in an instant. I'm looking at about another 2 wks minimum before the repairs will be complete. Until the I am staying with my daughter in a rental house that doesnt allow pets. Waiting on mortgage company to send the insurance check I had to send them from insurance. Arggg annoying!! Mad Mad I did see this alert and have forwarded to Texas Husky Rescue and a few other groups as well as here. I wish I could do more, but it's better then doing nothing I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Shiya's momma
Newborn
Newborn
Shiya's momma

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:37 pm

I knew I would have more hope to help save this poor guy posting on here! I so wish I could help my hands are tied and I am and have been homeless(unable to live at home due to fire damage to my water shed during wildfires on Aug 3rd)and living with my daughter for 7 wks in rental house with no pet restrictions. I have emailed Sherry a few times today. I get emails from Rescueme.org when the come up. She is a very kind hearted woman and I made some suggestions to her about calling OKhumane adoption center and told her I had been posting all over to help get this boy a foster or furever home. Better then sitting back not doing anything. Last month I helped Enid OK animal shelter prevent a young female Husky from death row because of my situation all I can do is reach out to the people in my community of Husky lovers and ask for help! Wuff you guys and all paws crossed this guy will be another luck dog to find a home!
Bless you all!! Sorry I couldnt get the pic to come up thank you for making that happen!
Back to top Go down
Shiya's momma
Newborn
Newborn
Shiya's momma

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:

What wonderful news!! I hope things work out. So many out there it is so sad! One pup at a time?? Better then sitting back and not doing anything. Bless you!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Talked to Sherry's husband Dan this morning and he told me he believes he is Husky and under a year old. They can't pull him out until Monday, so he's safe! Not sure if I'm going to be able to foster him or not, because he's working with local Husky rescues to see if they can help before sending him on a long road trip to VA. If that doesn't work out, then he'll be coming here. Dan's calling me on Monday to let me know what the plan is. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
Talked to Sherry's husband Dan this morning and he told me he believes he is Husky and under a year old. They can't pull him out until Monday, so he's safe! Not sure if I'm going to be able to foster him or not, because he's working with local Husky rescues to see if they can help before sending him on a long road trip to VA. If that doesn't work out, then he'll be coming here. Dan's calling me on Monday to let me know what the plan is. Smile

That's good news!! I wonder what husky rescues? We don't have any in Oklahoma to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm not sure ... He mentioned something about Colorado and Husky rescues posting his picture on their page. Maybe outside of OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th   Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky/or Malamute in Ponca City shelter, deathrow sentenced Sept 14th

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1