It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Lookout, Maryland!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Here I come!!!!

If you didn't see it on the hijack yesterday, I will be moving to Maryland in December to take a teaching position at the Naval Academy. We are probably going to try to find a place in the Bowie/Crofton area since it's pretty centrally located and Aaron is looking at jobs in both DC and Baltimore, and I've heard there is at least one dog park in Annapolis. Anyway, I started up an H2M2 group here along the Gulf Coast, and I'd like to continue that up there since Ghost really enjoys it and I know we have several members in the area. In addition to meet ups, Aaron and I really enjoy hiking and camping, and would love to take advantage of the beautiful scenery. So if any of you would be interested in tagging along sometime or know any great trails, let me know.

I don't have my exact move dates yet, but it'll probably be somewhere between the 10th and 15th. I hope there's snow on the ground (and so does Ghost)!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Lookout, Maryland! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Woohoo! Congrats!! How exciting! Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Congrats Meredith!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 pm

That's awesome!!!! Congrats!! You're not too far from us now! We're literally just across the WW Bridge like 5 minutes from MD. You're gonna love it here! There are so many beautiful places to go! Too bad y'all are missing the fall, it's gorgeous! I'll put together a few of our favorite places to go!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:20 am

Kelly, I'm really excited to be going back. My mom is from Catonsville (near Baltimore), I've got a ton of family in the area, and I went to college at the Academy. I am really bummed I'm missing this fall, it's my favorite time of year up there. The academy is gorgeous with the contrast between the blue water and the colorful leaves. It really is serene with a fresh snowfall though. I want to go down to Virginia and do some hiking around like Shenandoah (another phenomenal place in the fall), and I plan on going out to Ocean City and Assateague to surf as much as possible. Ankle permitting I want to do some snowboarding too, we'll see about this winter though. I used to spend a lot of time up at Round Top in Pennsylvania though.

When I get in and settled I'll give you a shout, I'd love to actually meet Hayden and Nicky in person Smile

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:55 am

Wooohooo! Won't be very far from me and Miss Bella! You know you'll be getting a visit from us!

Lookout, Maryland! Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:58 am

You're welcome any time! I still owe you a tour of the Academy anyway Wink

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:59 am

That you do! Imma hold you to it! Let me know when you're up here and available! I'll make a special trip if I'm available to - pending father's condition at the time Very Happy

Lookout, Maryland! Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:04 am

Sounds good. I'll be in mid December, because I have to start teaching in the first week of January.

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 am

blueeyedghost wrote:
Kelly, I'm really excited to be going back. My mom is from Catonsville (near Baltimore), I've got a ton of family in the area, and I went to college at the Academy. I am really bummed I'm missing this fall, it's my favorite time of year up there. The academy is gorgeous with the contrast between the blue water and the colorful leaves. It really is serene with a fresh snowfall though. I want to go down to Virginia and do some hiking around like Shenandoah (another phenomenal place in the fall), and I plan on going out to Ocean City and Assateague to surf as much as possible. Ankle permitting I want to do some snowboarding too, we'll see about this winter though. I used to spend a lot of time up at Round Top in Pennsylvania though.

When I get in and settled I'll give you a shout, I'd love to actually meet Hayden and Nicky in person Smile

Fall is my favorite time too! We always venture to Shenandoah. The countryside is beautiful! I have a snowboard too, but never used it lol. PA has some great places to board/ski/tube that aren't very far away. As far as VA goes, I highly recommend going to Great Falls. Beautiful area and lot's of hiking.

We would love to meet Ghost too! For sure we need to set up a meet. Lot's of dog parks around my area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lookout, Maryland! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookout, Maryland!   Lookout, Maryland! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lookout, Maryland!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1