It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I've Never Been So Scared!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Just one thing, Zoey always goes for the neck when she plays with dogs, and she's not aggressive at all. Though it does seem that way if you don't know her. We only get nervous about it when she's doing it with a little dog, and for a great dane every dog is a little dog. I would trust the owner enough to know his own dog, but again if people didn't like how the dog was acting, he should have been respectful and left.

I do understand that, Cloud growls really loudly and goes for dogs legs when he's playing, but he's not being aggressive at all. Even if the great dane was playing, the other dogs were screeching and yelping and trying to get away from the great dane, and it wouldn't relent at all :[ Yuki wasn't in the gate five steps before she ran back whimpering, that was my first clue that I knew I needed to leave. I just feel so horrid about what happened, everyone was trying to leave and the great dane was just attacking the dogs that tried to get away. Ugh, I wish I could forget about the whole thing, it makes me so sad. I really hope those dogs aren't scarred from the incident and that the owners still come back to the park.. Sad I know it's going to be hard for me to take them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am

I'm sure they'll be fine, they could just sense the tension between dogs and owners I'm sure. Zoey has been attacked at our dog park twice and she's still queen bitch when we go lol. She does get VERY nervous and uneasy when the dog that attacked her is there but otherwise she's fine.

Your biggest mistake will be to baby them, if there's nothing wrong, don't act like there could be. That was my biggest mistake with Embry. He now thinks he can get away with murder because he's a baby and could do no wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
I'm sure they'll be fine, they could just sense the tension between dogs and owners I'm sure. Zoey has been attacked at our dog park twice and she's still queen bitch when we go lol. She does get VERY nervous and uneasy when the dog that attacked her is there but otherwise she's fine.

Your biggest mistake will be to baby them, if there's nothing wrong, don't act like there could be. That was my biggest mistake with Embry. He now thinks he can get away with murder because he's a baby and could do no wrong.

LOL Yuki isn't babied at all when she gets dominated, because she thinks shes the shiz at home! I feel like shes in the 'mine' stage, she doesn't let Cloud have a single toy and always takes things from him. She barks and whines when she gets something she wants. So when she gets dominated at the dog park I tell her she deserves it xD. Gotta love those huskies!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am

Mobezilla wrote:
Our is a community park too. The guy left AS I was reporting it to the sheriff, I went back to the other owners after he left to make sure everyone and their dogs were okay. The police arrived soon after, we all gave our reports of the situation and a description of the man and his dogs, the police told us they would patrol the park more often and that if he EVER showed up to call immediately and leave the park so that no dogs or owners would be harmed.

That's good, at least they know about the guy now and can come stop it if he's back. But hopefully this will be the last of this nonsense for you Yuki and Cloud. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kodasmomma
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-11-23

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 am

Woah! It's amazing how irresponsible people can be! Good thing you and your dogs are safe!
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Holy Crap that is some serious business!
Good thing you didn't get mixed up in that whole mess.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh wow that's crazy!! We've had a couple women at our the dog park get into cat fight's over dog aggression. All the Great Dane's so far have been pretty friendly. One man has a HUGE brindle Dane that is aggressive, but he never bring's the dog in (thankfully) even when other people tell him to! Which I find to be odd.

You totally did the right thing by calling the police. I would have done the same thing too. Hopefully that person won't show up again for the safety of the dog's and the people! Crazy dog + crazy owner don't make a good match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Never Been So Scared!!   I've Never Been So Scared!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Never Been So Scared!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2