It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Empty
PostSubject: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:42 pm

I firmly believe that we can never stop learning. Siberian's fascinate me in every way and because of this I have decided to show my male, Cato. He has faults, they all have faults. But he is my baby and is perfect to me. I would like to point out a few good points and bad points on Cato's conformation, as I believe that people could greatly learn from it. Please keep this discussion civil and kind, as we can learn greatly from our dogs!!

I don't have the best pictures available, but here is what I have. These are from Cato's first show.

Cato in a free stack after his Group 2 win, Mimzy is next to him.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Cato

And this is before Cato mastered his stack, when I was learning:

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Photobucket-41391-1346122838778

Here's one that is just cute. Yes, that is a cat condo.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Photobucket-39539-1353537784283

Faults (according to standard): Weak stop, long muzzle, shorter legs (than I prefer Wink ), straight bottom teeth (they should be curved) and he used to have a gait that was odd because he had a tendon issue in his right paw.

Advantages: Nice markings, thick coat, nice curvature on thighs and front, long tail, small and dark eyes, small ears, happy demeanor.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Ceara is on her phone and can't post, so I told her I would post for her!

Here is Bella:

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Bells1

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Bells
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

Female Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 pm

oh man i just adore cato!
and how old is bella?
ill post some of my girl.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks! He is a special one Smile
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:06 pm

oh man :/ i posted my photos but they didnt show up?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks for posting those for me Megan! <3

Bella's major faults (present from first picture to second and to present day): Straight front. Poor temperament.

Minor faults: Tail set/carriage. Too large ears. Too short coat. Straight rear [note: her straight rear may not be genetic but could be her body's way of compensating for her front] (bit too straight in stifle - not as big a fault as straight front). Short upper arm. Short neck in regards to length of body. Too round eyes/not set properly. There are others - but I am less qualified and learned to make those judgements Razz

Advantages: Nice topline (second picture to present day), nice head, nice muzzle, nice length of leg for her length of body. Bomb-proof

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Oil_pa11

Last edited by Niraya on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Sorry! I didn't see your question until after I posted! She's turning two in February.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:23 pm

I love Bellas muzzle.

How does she do in harness, Ceara? I know that at one point you and I discussed how uncomfortable it would be because she is straighter in front.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 pm

She actually does really well. Her body has compensated for her straight front and her gait is good because of it which is what we think her straight rear comes from - so she doesn't overreach and step over/on her front feet. She doesn't show any signs of discomfort working in harness.

Her heart would stop her before she broke down from conformation. That's not saying it's correct or proper - because she wouldn't be able to even come close to doing what the original Siberians did in harness. But for what she did do before I stopped working her in harness (which wasn't much admittedly but more than what many people do) it didn't affect her.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Photobucket-55773-1354379467375

Note the long, sharp muzzle. Stop isn't insufficient, just not as prominent as I would like. Nice dark nose.
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm

ok let me try this again scratch

I never get great stacking photos because i never have anyone around to take a pic of me actually stacking her. so all i have pretty much is her free stacking and if i made her hold a stack. im going to have to get my boyfriend to help me get some good shots on tuesday when were both off work.

zizzy at 12 weeks

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Zizzyf12

zizzy at 5 months
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Zizzy611

and some throughout the last few months

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Zizzy212

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Zizzys15

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Zizzyy13
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Comparison

A comparative photo between Cato and Bella.

Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:33 pm

heres the best i have of zizzy right now Razz

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Zizzyh10
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:51 pm

I will comment in a few minutes, swamped at work!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Zizzy is a red, correct?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Okay, I hope you don't mind if non-show dogs join in just for fun and education.

Dakota is a rescued stray and far from show quality, but would anyone care to take a look at him and point out his faults and good points if he has any? For starters his bite is off (undercut) and his ears are a bit large and don't look correctly placed to me, plus his stop is not right but I don't know how to describe what is off about it...I'm guessing his muzzle is probably off too although again I don't know how. I know he's got more faults than just that but I am not up on all that stuff. He'll always be 'perfect' in my eyes, but just for the fun of it what other faults would you say he has from looking at him. I do think he's got nice tail carriage even if I haven't got a good picture of it.

Sorry for the lack of quality pics, I don't show obviously so you'll have to make due with the candids from over the years. He's never been stacked so this is the closest he's done freely.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  IMAG0153

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  _DSC7490_filtered

Profile with mouth open up ears up
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  _DSC3923_filtered

Profile with mouth shut but ears back
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  _DSC3169

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  58

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  _DSC6808_filtered

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:59 pm

zizzuki wrote:

I never get great stacking photos because i never have anyone around to take a pic of me actually stacking her. so all i have pretty much is her free stacking and if i made her hold a stack. im going to have to get my boyfriend to help me get some good shots on tuesday when were both off work.

zizzy at 12 weeks

Zizzy appears to be a nicely colored light red - at first I even thought a splash coat. Is she in the sun alot? You may want to consider a dog sunscreen, as reds are so sensitive to the sun.

Faults: She is very leggy and has very straight angles. Leggy isn't bad, just depends on preferences. Some judges will love it. Her tail appears short, but in another picture looks long. I really can't decide on her front - feel it. Does it feel straight? Long ears.

Advantages: Nice stop. nice color and Markings. I like the nose and the eyes, although blue, are not at all too round. Tail appears to be set nicely in most pictures. I'm not a huge fan of open faces, but your girl looks very nice.

Smile

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Okay, I hope you don't mind if non-show dogs join in just for fun and education.

Dakota is a rescued stray and far from show quality, but would anyone care to take a look at him and point out his faults and good points if he has any? For starters his bite is off (undercut) and his ears are a bit large and don't look correctly placed to me, plus his stop is not right but I don't know how to describe what is off about it...I'm guessing his muzzle is probably off too although again I don't know how. I know he's got more faults than just that but I am not up on all that stuff. He'll always be 'perfect' in my eyes, but just for the fun of it what other faults would you say he has from looking at him. I do think he's got nice tail carriage even if I haven't got a good picture of it.

Sorry for the lack of quality pics, I don't show obviously so you'll have to make due with the candids from over the years. He's never been stacked so this is the closest he's done freely.

Of course all Siberians are welcome! There are plenty of "show quality" dogs that I wouldn't think belong in shows and many rescues who could hold their own!!

Dakota:

Faults: Long Ears, could be tighter together on top of head. round eyes (could be due to them being blue!), very thick chested, can't tell if tail is short or not. He could use a little more angling, but I am sure he would do well in harness.

Advantages: Cute nose. Nice markings. Nice coat, not TOO dense. Nice free stack.

Dakota, actually seems to have a very prominent stop, this is a good thing. I'll post a pic of a nice stop soon!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Okay I'll post Razz So I don't think Ares is too bad, when he was younger he had a nice ear set, but I don't know, he's not really growing into them Sad

Ares gaiting
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  549686_3450977085253_1681872502_n

7 months
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  185871_3455448637039_806687213_n

his front
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  536593_3455449277055_1542454711_n

and a self stack at 10 months
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  561594_3838348449295_553236737_n
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 pm

And then Zoey, I really wanted to show her, but she has that damn snapped tail, and long legs
Sad

a few self stacks
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  481910_3384548704585_1306451242_n
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  181342_3314004501024_1503042461_n

and then her stupid tail, this was at 18 months old
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  426907_2759900928781_31437596_n

her muzzle
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  488017_2827159890213_470373833_n
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:52 pm

I never really considered showing Embry since I opted to not get his papers when I bought him, but for fun
self stack at 6 months
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  13314_1271784766807_8011180_n

self stack at 3 years
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  530091_3422519053820_767910377_n

and muzzle
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  374895_2133682633715_175275662_n
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 am

mheath0429 wrote:
zizzuki wrote:

zizzy at 12 weeks

Zizzy appears to be a nicely colored light red - at first I even thought a splash coat. Is she in the sun alot? You may want to consider a dog sunscreen, as reds are so sensitive to the sun.

Faults: She is very leggy and has very straight angles. Leggy isn't bad, just depends on preferences. Some judges will love it. Her tail appears short, but in another picture looks long. I really can't decide on her front - feel it. Does it feel straight? Long ears.

Advantages: Nice stop. nice color and Markings. I like the nose and the eyes, although blue, are not at all too round. Tail appears to be set nicely in most pictures. I'm not a huge fan of open faces, but your girl looks very nice.

Smile

Zizzy is a splash coat. And shes in the sun a decent amount, but I havent had to use sunscreen on her yet. Why do you say that? Jw. I mean I havent had reasons to yet lol.
Her tails not short hahah i have another pic where her tail looks sooo stubby hahaha.
Photos really dont do her justice. Neutral
I want to take a video of us practicing so itll be almost like youre there.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 am

Red's who are in the sun have their coat get "sunburnt" or "bleached". Red coated dogs are hard to care for in that way because even longer than 15 minutes in the sun a day can start the bleaching.

Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:34 am

Niraya wrote:
Red's who are in the sun have their coat get "sunburnt" or "bleached". Red coated dogs are hard to care for in that way because even longer than 15 minutes in the sun a day can start the bleaching.

Oh. Well no her coats always been this color since she was a pup. Its never been a true red. At a show i went to I spoke to breeders about it and they all agreed shed be considered a red sable, but simply just red.
Back to top Go down
Whosker
Newborn
Newborn
Whosker

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 am

Ok guys, what do you think about Juneau? Very Happy for funs! (For the record, she looks bald in some pictures, I have her deshedded a couple times a year)

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  16439_192445630675_816443_nConformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  30912_426223715675_5772117_nConformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  28272_430076735675_5063212_nConformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  312h3zsConformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  292886_10151283818880676_2007862067_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 27Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next