It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:17 am

No, Joyce is the owner of Jamie which is Digit's dam (mom) and co-breeder of Digit (which is why your boy's dad is Jobear not Kaniska). Siberians, depending on their lines can hit full maturity before 3 or could continue to mature and develop until as late as 6 (as is the case with Denali's lines). Denali's come a long way from when he was 2 and I feel has only gotten better as he's coming into year 4. We'll see where it takes us...but my personal preference is a dog that takes a little longer to come together since they tend to stay together...vs a dog that comes together quickly and falls apart later in life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:04 am

I know he's a bit over extended in the first pic. Overall I'm pleasantly surprised at how he's coming together. Still think there is something not quite right about how his shoulder and neck come together though. I'd welcome any thoughts. Smile I think his length of body and loin are much better. I need to work on how he holds his head, I think it's a handling error on my part. I also want to work on conditioning and get him to build some muscle. Dizzy 14.5 months:

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 10273389_10204059718397689_3529836827533919875_o

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 1795230_10204059717557668_2141974723001610541_o
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Six month old  Simon
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 00410

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 00711

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 02511

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 03712

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 01612
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptySat May 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 DSC_0041_zps4a6d7ba3
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 CSC_0056_zps4e3c0598
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 DSC_0017_zps47eb46cb
Interested to know what her faults/good things are..been waiting until she was bigger lol
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:12 am

amora wrote:
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 DSC_0041_zps4a6d7ba3
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 CSC_0056_zps4e3c0598
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 DSC_0017_zps47eb46cb
Interested to know what her faults/good things are..been waiting until she was bigger lol

Well I'm not going to sugar coat it, that is a terrible top line (the back) The top line should be level, not have a massive sway in it. Rear angulation is less than the front putting her out of balance. A working dog requires balance. Incredibly flat feet. Ears that are too wide set and over sized. Eyes are too round and non-oblique. Pigment appears decent, it looks as though there is likely adequate stop, decent coat type. That is about all I can see from these photos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:10 am

I wish I could get some decent pictures of Mishka stacking but he is the most uncooperative dog.

He is now 1 year and 4 months old.

Walking
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Img_3810

(Not a good angle, he was sniffing for bugs.)
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Img_3812

Trying again this morning. He had it pretty decent until he moved his head. -_-
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Img_3910

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Does Mishka have a good sit stay? You can start by training a stand stay and treat him any time he stands with all 4 feet on the ground and doesn't move. To adjust his legs into the right position, you gently take the front legs at elbow level, right next to his chest (don't try to grab the feet) and move them where needed, and to move the back legs, you hold them above the stifle joint. Get one of those slip leads, like they have at vets offices, and put it around his neck, close to his jaw line and ears, and remove his normal collar. If you can control his head, you control what his body does and having the lead way up on the neck makes that easier. Once he can stand and stay, to get him to look forward, you can throw a treat or piece of food a few feet in front of him, if he nails the stay it will make his head look in the right direction and his ears perk up.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:57 pm

I only ask because it's really hard for me to see faults/atributes without seeing him stacked. The way his back feet are under him distorts him a bit, so it's hard for me to see how he is put together.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Oh I definitely understand. He has a decent sit stay. I'll try to work with him on that. I hadn't actually tried to stack him and hold him in a while since it's easier when I have the hubby to help press the camera button or something. Lol. I need to get a battery for my IR remote though. I do need to get a slip lead as well. I've been meaning to buy one, just never got around to it.

I also think he's taller than standard. I can't find my t-square to measure him since that's easier than trying to use a tape. Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 1625187496

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah, i was finally able to get some decent pix of Diz with my remote. The hubby helps, but he just doesn't know exactly where/how to get the pix, so sometimes i get a usable one, sometimes i don't and I really hate to pester him all the time to help me.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Okay so it was a team effort but we tried! He was just SOOOO worried about the food I had. Lol.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Img_3914

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Img_3915

And of course his face (with mine).
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Img_3916

I realize now I was probably just better off holding the choke collar by itself instead of attaching a leash.  Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 1625187496 

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:50 pm

I know next to nothing about conformation but this I do know - Mishka and Dizzy both have most beautiful faces!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks Amy. Smile

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:02 am

Here is my take on Mishka. The photos are at an angle, so I might not be right about certain things, but here goes nothing. Smile

Nice straight topline and good rear angulation. I've realized rear angulation is something I personally really like to see in dogs. Nice shoulder layback (I think, but Lani knows way more about that than I do), but he's somewhat flat chested. He's still young though, so I think his chest will continue to drop as he matures physically, Dizzy's is similar right now. He's a little short on loin, I think, but that could be because his feet are slightly under him, vs. correctly set. Well set, almond shaped eyes, ears are a little wide set for my taste, but that's really nitpicking, overall they are nice. Nice stop, and good medium bone. In the pic where he's moving, was he walking or trotting? If he was trotting, he's doing what's called pacing, which means that the two legs on the same side are moving together. It should be the opposite, meaning, back left moves with front right, and front right moves with back left. Cute face and expression. Great markings, nice coat, but his tail is a little too plush. Overall, nice boy! Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

I'm pretty sure he was just walking in that first picture. I tried to take a video of him trotting before but that didn't work out so well... lol.

I did know his chest is really flat in the front, just from being in this thread. Interesting about the tail, it is super fluffy though I didn't know it would be a fault.

And yeah getting the hubby to take pictures is hard, I'm just glad these at least came out in focus.  Razz 

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 2:07 pm

I saw this on facebook today and thought I'd post for anyone that is interested.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Propor10
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Ohh, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing, Jen!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Very awesome, Jen! I'd probably butcher the measurements though. lol.

Also, Jen, here is a video of Mishka trotting. I'm not even sure it's useful at all because I tried taking this on our walk this afternoon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6FPhGcuBGo

GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 6:03 am

Not a comment about Conformation but I adore the tip of Mishka's tail! Correct or not that little feathering is adorable Smile The way he flicks is round is super cute and very cheerful looking

wonder if I could convince Orion to hold a stack for me to take photos... I posted some on here when he was about 5 months old it'd be fun to see the comparison Smile

Want some evaluation practice Jen?? hehe
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:28 am

Ha ha. Yep! I love doing eval a but take it with a grain of salt since I'm a newbie. Smile

*Edit - In exchange, I expect a full report of your work with your prey drive trainer! Wink  Razz 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:12 am

simplify wrote:
Very awesome, Jen! I'd probably butcher the measurements though. lol.

Also, Jen, here is a video of Mishka trotting. I'm not even sure it's useful at all because I tried taking this on our walk this afternoon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6FPhGcuBGo

Hm. Well, it's kinda hard to see, but from 15 sec to about 18 sec is decent. I'm not sure anyone could make accurate judgements about his gait after seeing 3 seconds of video. To get a good idea of movement, I would like to see him moving away (from behind), moving forward (directly toward the camera), and also a longer clip of side gait. Also, he kind of speeds up and slows down so that's another factor that makes it difficult. The one thing I think I see is that his drive is short in the back, meaning he doesn't extend his foot back, but that could just be caused by the speed changes. Also I think for gaiting, you would want to go faster with him. Not so fast he breaks into a run, but definitely faster than he's going. Does he trot on your bike rides? I'd say, go that fast trot pace, then slow down just a bit. If you can bribe your hubby, that might be a good way to get some gaiting video. Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:35 am

He's so worried about anything he can find on the ground to eat... Rolling Eyes

I will have to bribe the hubby to help me. It's like pulling teeth to get him to help and then he's so awkward with a camera he doesn't know what to look for. lol.

Last time I tried to gait with him he started running but he's a complete nutjob so yeah. XD

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah, they all run at first, Diz was chasing the dog in front of him in handling class the other night, so I have to work on that. Smile It's all a work in progress, but coming together.
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 5:03 am

Altighty Jen (and anyone and everyone else of course!) I managed to get some photos of Orion, I know they're imperfect but they're the best I could do lol so have at em!

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_20
He has his hind foot twisted in this one and his markings blend into the background making him look swayback lol

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_19
Wide hind legs and apologies for the blurriness!

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_21
Head profile

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_22
Head profile 2

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_23
Shoulders and rear (sorry for the extended leg)

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_24
Front feet too close together, hind legs too far apart and photo taken from rear angle lol

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_25
Face Smile poor boy leaning back wondering why I am sticking the camera in his face - Damn that snow nose!

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Photo_26
Front

Looking forward to your critiques Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:52 am

Okay, sorry it's taken me so long to get back on this, I got distracted and then forgot to come back to it. Here is what I see, and remember, I'm a newbie at this. Wink

Some of the pix are a bit hard to tell, but his topline looks slack, or like it has a slight sway back look to it. It could just be the angles or the dark background, but it should be level and straight. He has a nice length of loin and body, but his front legs look a bit short. Although I tend to prefer a longer length of leg. Nice head and face, well defined stop, nice dark almond eyes. Nice chest, and that will continue to develop as he matures. Well conditioned. Smile I'd be curious to see movement pictures. He also has a very nice coat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next