It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Grizzly&Charcoal
Teenager
Teenager

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:43 pm

After 6 years ownership, just realize that how many fault in my dogs. Shame
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:27 pm

3 year old AKC CH Kaniska's Ashen Hotshot Denali
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 10322844_10152349491701590_7772864685559858219_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:41 am

I love how the males just look better and better with age! Are you planning on sending him out again this summer? What about Rogue? Are you waiting a while with her? I love her btw!
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:04 pm

I see what you mean about Denali having a pretty plush coat.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:50 pm

No, I will not be sending Denali out again. He finished his Championship last year, and though he's my special boy....he's not a Special. Rogue and Keegan will both debut at the end of May at our home show, so I'm pretty excited/nervous and busy getting them ring ready!

Denali still has a lot of his winter coat in, and being an outdoor dog he does bring in a LOT of coat. He's not as plush as some...but more than others Wink
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:54 pm

That's exciting. Are you using the same handler?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm

I'll be doing most of the showing myself. When I'm ready to send someone out as a Special I'll use Soni again no doubt.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:00 pm

That's awesome! That will be a lot of fun I'm sure. Smile They are both very nice puppies and I'm sure they will do well.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm definitely hoping they do well! Rogue being pure white has it's own challenges. Structurally she's very nice, she's young and not quite using her body to her full potential yet, but that's normal for her age. If she's hard to finish I'll turn her over to Soni. I'm hoping that won't be the case, but I'll do whats best for them Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Here's a couple on the move photos of my two up and comers Smile

Keegan just about 6mos
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 _dsc0410Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 _dsc0510

Rogue 16mos
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 _dsc0610Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 _dsc0611
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:56 pm

I can see what you mean about the gait in these pics. Smile He looks great Smile
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:14 am

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:50 pm

What I like- nice level top line, nice length of loin, and nice head profile

What concerns me- he's lacking chest, and with the length of neck and placement of the withers it appears he may have extreme shoulder layback. He's not balanced in his angulation front to rear...but he's young and there's plenty of time for him to grow into himself.
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:59 pm

n/t n/t

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:40 pm

How tall is he at the withers?
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:05 pm

n/t n/t

Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Hopefully not! He's only 1/2" in at that last measurement!
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:08 pm

n/t n/t

Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:34 am

Hollyfrost wrote:
59 cm/23 inches since a while back :)and judging by the size of his growth plates he won't grow much taller.

How can you judge by the size of the growth plates? I honestly have no clue what you mean by that. Could you explain it to me?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:51 am

Most breeders evaluate their puppies around 5-8 weeks, with 8 weeks being what the puppy is expected to turn out as. Obviously it doesn't always work like that, but it's the rule of thumb.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:48 am

I am going to use this picture of Keegan to try to illustrate growth plates.  As you can see where it's circled how pronounced his wrist knuckles are- these indicate the growth plate is still open and has material to add to growth-

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 16561110

When these knuckles disappear entirely and the forefront of the leg is flat, this is a pretty good indication the growth plate is closed.  

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 Snowsh10
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:54 am

Oh I noticed Simon has those bump things but I didn't think anything about it. I am guessing they mostly mean height growth because and correct me if I am wrong but I think they an still fill out but after right?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:00 am

Yes once their growth plates close you will likely no longer have any vertical growth (at least not anything sizable....Denali grew 1/2" after he was 2 and his growth plates were closed). You will see more physical maturity after this point. Males will get their height earlier than bitches do.

I can double check with Joyce how Digit's lines mature, but Gene (Digit's uncle) just kept looking better and better after about 4yrs old.

Gene-
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 293720_10150998500811590_1837580084_n

Jamie-
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 602423_10150998503206590_578902661_n
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:02 am

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:10 am

So he could keep changing even at four years? I will have to keep taking pictures so we can see if he keeps changing. I love how much info you have both about huskies in general and about Simon's lines. It's just so cool to learn about.

By Joyce do you mean Lois?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next