It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Successfully Spayed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

Female Join date : 2012-10-12

Successfully Spayed! Empty
PostSubject: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Just picked up my girl from the vet. They said she did great and wanted to talk to all the techs! Haha sounds like my baby alright! They said she was in the beginning stages of heat AGAIN! She finished in October but I don't have to worry about that mess anymore!

Successfully Spayed! Roxy10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 pm

great news! Jack talks to everyone in the vet office!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Yay! Congrats! It's so funny seeing people who haven't heard huskies talk yet, they love it! Smile
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 am

So since Rox got spayed a few things have happened. She is healing well and acting normal, being herself. I took the day after off so I can pick her up and just monitor her all day. I put her out repeatedly all day except she started having accidents. She hasn't had 1 accident in months. I figured maybe her stomach was upset since the surgery so I kinda brushed it off, it was obvious all over her face that she knew she did wrong, she immediately went into her crate and laid down without me correcting her. Although she has been getting better she has had a few accidents since friday, I'd said she went #2 in the house about 5 times now? Not #1 though. BTW this is happening after she comes inside and she spends a lot of time in the backyard with the other dogs. Other issue...totally my fault but Sunday I had a block of chocolate fudge, it was in a brown paperbag rolled up. I stuck it in a cubby in my room and went downstairs to get something and returned to find that she ate the whole block of fudge( it was less than a pound, probably about 4 or 5 ounces) I immediately induced vomiting (yes I have consulted with emergency animal hospital) which was very successful and everything came up within about 5-10 mins. She was fine the rest of the night. So now it's Tuesday...tonight she threw up all of her food. I thought maybe she ate to fast but she picks at her food and she ate left overs from not finishing this am...also noticed kind of cloudy white/grey mucus(sorry for being graphic). Aside from the whole chocolate thing could she be having some stomach irritation from the surgery? I haven't ever had this issue with any of my other dogs. Sorry for the lengthiness. Im terrible at keeping it short and sweet.
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:28 am

Forgot to add...i expected her to be a little tired and kind of mellow....she has been so hyper my head is spinning! NOT WHAT I EXPECTED!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:30 am

That's a husky for you!!!

She may be sick because of the anesthesia...I know it makes my mom horribly sick but she's sick from day one. Or the forced vomiting is making her tummy yucky, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 pm

So I called the vet today and told them everything that has happened since I picked her up. The vet said that most likely the chocolate, or whats left of it, has irritated her stomach. They suggested holding back her food for 12-24 hours since she didn't keep anything down yesterday and let her stomach clear out whatever is in there. Im keeping her hydrated and making sure she acts her normal spunky self. Hopefully when I come home today her crate will still be clean. Figures the ONE TIME i get Chocolate, which I rarely eat, she devoures it.. just my luck! haha.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Did you give her peroxide to induce vomiting? Sometimes that can leave them with an upset stomach for a while. The stomach reset is a good idea. Let her clear out whatever it is that's making her sick.
Lucian wanted to play five minutes after I got home from picking him up after his neuter. They don't know how to be calm and mellow, lol.
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Haha that's so true! My profile pic is a few minutes after I picked her up she was sticking out the window! But yeah I gave her peroxide which I figured could make her stomach a little irritated. It just worried me that any time she ate she would throw up. She's such a picky eater to begin with, then to throw it all up makes me sad for her. She hasn't actually eaten since Sunday, after that anytime she takes in food it comes up. But it is releaving that she isin good spirits, i'll know its bad if she stops her usual craziness.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Is she still pooping in the house? Chili left a few little nuggets around the house for the first few days after his surgery, but he's back to normal now. Wonder if it's an anethesia or pain med thing. Have you tried some rice mush in chicken broth to see if she can hold that down?
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am

She hasn't had an accident in about 2 days now so we are thumbs up on that. I came home and she did not have any vomit in her crate...THANK THE LORD! She kept picking at our GSD's food so i gave her maybe a handful...she devoured it, it was like she hasn't eaten in days. She's still spunky and im keeping her hydrated. I haven't given her anything but dog food, Im not really aware of the different types of "people" food I can give here so I kind of left that alone, worried it would mess her stomach up because she's so use to regular dog food.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 am

After she's settled again for awhile you can toy with different "people" food if you want to see what special treats she can handle. Some people don't give their dogs any people food at all, which is fine. I planned on doing that for Ezio, but something got the better of me and I had to try a few different foods. Razz Not much settles well with him, but we found he can eat a small, plain, hamburger and he's absolutely fine! That's basically the only special treat he can get, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Successfully Spayed!   Successfully Spayed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Successfully Spayed!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1