It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 am

Trillium is very likely the best breeder in your area.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 am

Sorry you had to go through this. Anyway taking them to court for breach of contract?
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 am

Gunnersmatejmac wrote:
Sorry you had to go through this. Anyway taking them to court for breach of contract?

I doubt it. They decided we were "unfit" and refunded our deposit. So if we took them to court, we'd probably just get told to go find another pup since there was no longer money exchanging hands.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 am

I feel really bad reading this, but to be honest you should look at this as an opportunity to get a pup from a reputable breeder. I saw a number of things that were red flags for irresponsible breeding practices, dogs out of standard by a long shot, no mention of health testing, and now Merle Siberians. Honestly, not trying to be cold or cruel, it may be for the best. Trillium has a very nice line and ethically bred.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 am

That's terrible this happened to you! I would be so beyond pissed I wouldn't know which way to turn first. This just goes to show the breeders true colors and frankly I wouldn't want to do business with someone like that. Is there anywhere that you can leave a bad review, so future potential buyers know what they are getting into? Obviously, this lady has a lot to hide if she is getting upset over a couple questions being asked. Sounds shady to me!

I really hope that you find you're dream puppy Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:
I feel really bad reading this, but to be honest you should look at this as an opportunity to get a pup from a reputable breeder...Honestly, not trying to be cold or cruel, it may be for the best.
I agree.

What I will add is that everything happens for a reason. I told my husband about this and he reminded me of when we were looking for Koda. We were going through a rescue and were trying to get a dog pulled from a Kill Shelter. His name was Triton. He was gorgeous. We went to visit him, fell in love, and couldn't take him home because he exhibited signs of resource guarding so he had to go to a rescue. We called and called the rescue (who had been working with us) and he never got back to us. He finally called and told us that the dog had been put down. We called the shelter upset and asked why, and they said the dog wasn't put down, they adopted him out to a foster family they normally work with who wanted to keep him. We were devastated that we didn't have him and were angry for a long time. BUT... a couple months later, we found Koda. He is my heart dog and I don't know what my life would be like without him.

We miss Triton, but losing him brought Koda into our lives. I will never regret that.

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:34 am

I agree 100% with Lani. I just wanted to tip toe around saying it's for the best when I know you had your heart set. Better things await you.
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 am

That is a GREAT thought. I try to stick by that motto, but when someone bad happens, it's so hard. Sad

I can only imagine how heartbreaking that was. I don't know why people can't stick to their guns. At least you found your baby though!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 am

At this point, I want this "breeder" to retort. Bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 am

CatDen wrote:
Gunnersmatejmac wrote:

I doubt it. They decided we were "unfit" and refunded our deposit. So if we took them to court, we'd probably just get told to go find another pup since there was no longer money exchanging hands.

Just some food for thought.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/small-claims-book/chapter2-3.html
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 am

CatDen wrote:
Gunnersmatejmac wrote:

Was there no contract with the deposit? Their website stresses that they will only refund a deposit if something happens to the puppy in their care, that they wont give it away after you put down the deposit, that the deposit is a binding agreement, etc. In several colors, that's how you know they're serious. Or so you'd think. You really might look into it.

Anyways, they're liars. And complete jerks. And while that doesn't help the heartbreak, I know you will find the husky that was meant for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

mheath0429 wrote:
At this point, I want this "breeder" to retort. Bring it on.

Doubt that they would walk into a wolf's den. (Figuratively speaking)
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

I too want to see this backyard breeder's retort though Razz How she could treat people like this and get away with it is astounding.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 am

I would consider looking into the breech of contract thing too. I can't even describe how mad, and heart broken I would be at this point. I really hope everything works out for you. Give them as much bad press as you can. You could even visit the better business bureau website, and open something with them.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 am

Look at the bright side... you got the deposit back and you are no longer supporting this shady breeder. There are so many breeders to choose from & you'll have your little fur ball in your arms in no time.

I'm actually considering taking a loss of my $200 deposit on a puppy (that hasn't even been conceived yet) from a breeder that means well but does not health test and has too many dogs/breeds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:25 am

I am not sure how a breeder can mean well if they have too many dogs and too many breeds?..
That sounds like Puppy MIll 101 to me..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 am

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
I am not sure how a breeder can mean well if they have too many dogs and too many breeds?..

Not a puppy mill, this kennel is smaller than Karnovanda but not nearly as reputable. She has German Shepards, Sibe's and Malamutes. The kennels are is temperature controlled and clean.

It was a lapse in judgement on my part for sure and I shouldn't have sent the money.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 am

eddycaaa wrote:
Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

Not a puppy mill, this kennel is smaller than Karnovanda but not nearly as reputable. She has German Shepards, Sibe's and Malamutes. The kennels are is temperature controlled and clean.

It was a lapse in judgement on my part for sure and I shouldn't have sent the money.

I think it's important to remember that a lof of the time, people don't necessarily have bad intentions when they breed dogs. No, they might not meet certain standards, but lack of knowledge can cause people to breed before they know everything they should. My cousins, having grown up in rural Alabama (where everyone and their brother has at least two dogs) and not knowing what it really means to breed dogs, wanted to breed their Golden because she was "beautiful and was really sweet". People don't always understand that there's more to it than that.

Having said that, when people, like the breeder initially discussed in this thread, go out of their way to cover up their tracks, it calls to reason that they do indeed know better and don't have the best of intentions.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 am

eddycaaa wrote:
Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

Karnovanda is not a puppy mill.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 am

katiesham wrote:
eddycaaa wrote:
Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

I think it's important to remember that a lof of the time, people don't necessarily have bad intentions when they breed dogs. No, they might not meet certain standards, but lack of knowledge can cause people to breed before they know everything they should. My cousins, having grown up in rural Alabama (where everyone and their brother has at least two dogs) and not knowing what it really means to breed dogs, wanted to breed their Golden because she was "beautiful and was really sweet". People don't always understand that there's more to it than that.

Having said that, when people, like the breeder initially discussed in this thread, go out of their way to cover up their tracks, it calls to reason that they do indeed know better and don't have the best of intentions.

I know what you mean and I really WANT to forgive those people..but this type of person is the same type that refuses to listen when you try to educate them.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 am

mheath0429 wrote:
eddycaaa wrote:
Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

Karnovanda is not a puppy mill.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Karnovanda (look at my avatar, lol) and I wasn't saying it was a puppy mill.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 am

OHHH. Jeeze thats how I read it. My male is from Karnovanda. Judy and Sarah aren't too far from me, about an hour.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:33 am

If you like Karnovanda, why don't you get a pet from them?
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 am

I think I will. To my surprise, Judy sent me a litter announcement a couple weeks back and I told her I would be interested in a couple months after I move.

Most show quality breeders wouldn't sell a puppy to me because I live in an apartment but Judy hasn't discriminated against me.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 am

I'd call asap. Talk about going fast...those puppies do not last.

Ill tell you what though, she is a great breeder and always was prompt to call me right back.Sarah is super helpful too and a great photographer. I got 50+ pictures when I got Cato
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next