It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Where do you take your husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

yes i think we are! I'm so surprised because I've only seen a few Virginians on the forum and no one near us. Well we just started going to the dog park now that Kiba has all her shots and is 5 months and so i recognized it from the photos right away. Unfortunately, it HAS been horribly muddy so im only taking her when I'm 100% sure its not a giant mud pit. I also haven't gone a whole lot because that park gets a little sketchy around dark (when i get off of work) so that just leaves weekends. I've only seen one other (gray) husky at the dog park so far. It would be fun to have a husky meetup.

I will have to check Pet Craze out. Shocked . I cant believe someone had a dog in Kroger!! So far we haven't really gone many places. Just to some of the walking trails and the dog park. I'm hoping when shes grown we can take her hiking with us!
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm

It seems the popular time to be at the dog park is between 3:30 and 5:00. I went at that time because I had to pick up my kids from school...one at 3:00 and the other after sports practice. So we were killing time. We went only once on Saturday. PM me if you want to try to meet there one day!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Seattle is full of coffeeshops, bars, restaraunts, beer breweries, and just about anywhere where dogs are expressly welcome. Even busses and light rail. So excited! My hockey rink is dog friendly too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Lbmsy23
Newborn
Newborn
Lbmsy23

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am

My town knows us pretty well. There goes the husky in the Jetta again....
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:43 am

I take Anna everywhere, she went with my best friend and I took pick out our Christmas tree at Lowes. I also called ahead to make sure it was okay with them and they didn't seem to mind. I just started taking Anna everywhere and leaving her in the truck when it was colder. Anna use to whine before I started leaving her in the truck such as when I pumped gas but she has become quiet. She sits and watches me. I was pumping gas one day and left Anna in the truck so I could pay with cash, well when I came back out the guy in front of me said something about her being a good watch dog, she watched me walk in and didn't move nor stop watching me after I walked into the store and was still starring at the store door when I came back out. I love taking Anna everywhere, she sits and waits on me patiently and loves going rather than staying home. I have one of the ezydog harnesses that I can put the seat belt through so she stays in her place and isn't able to escape out of the truck door when I open it, not that she would, it just gives me peace of mind. I also take her with me when I meet with people, such as when I am selling Craigslist items to them.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:48 am

seattlesibe wrote:
Seattle is full of coffeeshops, bars, restaraunts, beer breweries, and just about anywhere where dogs are expressly welcome. Even busses and light rail. So excited! My hockey rink is dog friendly too Smile

Do you know if dogs are allowed on sound transit? I know metro does, Korra had her first ride the weekend before last and did great, but the ST website says animals are only allowed in carriers... Do you have personal experience bringing dogs on ST? I'm sure it depends on the driver how strictly they follow the pet policy..
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 am

I need to get more creative or do more research of dog friendly places. They are no longer welcome at the patios of our local cafe. We can walk to get ice cream in the summer at least that is a mile away.
Back to top Go down
jmbiller
Newborn
Newborn
jmbiller

Male Join date : 2013-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Remember dog friendly doesn't always mean its a good idea to take a dog in a store. There are plenty of people who are terrified of dogs, and get them in a close space like a store with one and ive seen it end badly. Plus ive seen people bring diseased dogs into grocery stores, im a dog person but people go to far i think sometimes.

I dont take my pups in anywhere besides petsmart/petco or other pet stores. Ive tried to take them to outdoor dining, and they are way to much trouble with other people and food and so much excitement. So their socialization is the dog park, on walks/hikes and the occasional trip to go see adoption puppies as petco.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Dot wrote:
seattlesibe wrote:

Do you know if dogs are allowed on sound transit? I know metro does, Korra had her first ride the weekend before last and did great, but the ST website says animals are only allowed in carriers... Do you have personal experience bringing dogs on ST? I'm sure it depends on the driver how strictly they follow the pet policy..

Good question. I never ride Sound Transit busses, only Metro. My guess would be yes though...they do operate the light rail and that's fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Dot wrote:
seattlesibe wrote:

Good question. I never ride Sound Transit busses, only Metro. My guess would be yes though...they do operate the light rail and that's fine.

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 pm

If I go anywhere that requires a car(I refuse to drive for under 3mi trips, I despise fattness) one of the dogs, if not all 3 are going to come, and at least enjoy a drive and nap in the back. Its not very often I go somewhere that my leashed, well-mannered dogs aren't welcome, and even when I do, I still take Soshanna. She's an ESA, and has every right to accompany me. The stores within walking distance are just Safeway, MudBay pet store, some fast food, and a smoke shop. Beside Mudbay, I have no need or want to have my dogs accompany me there. But, when I go to mudbay, its always a dog walk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you take your husky?   Where do you take your husky? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you take your husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2