It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Sweet, thanks. The double-edged sword of words of encouragement to puppy owners: Hey, it's normal and it will change, but there is nothing you can do about it now so suck it up and enjoy!!

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Got some info today that might explain a lot, maybe. They lady I got her from is a family friend. Her husband is the one who actually cares for the dogs and so on. Well he has been out of town and she got the dates mixed up. We were not suppose to come get Peaches until next weekend, when she would be 8 weeks old. That means she is only 7 weeks old.

She was so upset when she called to tell me, I don't blame her, it was an honest mistake and she didn't even have to tell me about it, i would have never known.

Could that be way we are having such a hard time?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

From what I've seen on here that may cause some issues with nipping and biting primarily because they get less limitation enforcement from their mother and littermates. So watch out for that. Although, Link is pretty nippy and we scooped him up at 8 weeks......so.... But as for crate stuff, sounds like that's just a puppy thing and progressively gets better, getting really better after the 3 month mark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
From what I've seen on here that may cause some issues with nipping and biting primarily because they get less limitation enforcement from their mother and littermates. So watch out for that. Although, Link is pretty nippy and we scooped him up at 8 weeks......so.... But as for crate stuff, sounds like that's just a puppy thing and progressively gets better, getting really better after the 3 month mark.

Thank you! We are prepared for a long night, I bought my husband and daughter ear plugs and they both have a fan to turn on so it helps hide the sound of her screaming. lol
I did notice that she like to nip at my daughter, I told her to correct it every time it happens and she is doing really well. I'm surprised at just how responsible an 8 yr old can be. She also has a rabbit that she takes care of. I wouldn't give my oldest a pet rock and she's 18. lol
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:14 pm

First vet appt went well, she was scared out of her mind for the first 5-6 minutes but everyone loving on her and really made her feel more relaxed. Got 8 week shots and all the stuff that goes along with that. She does have a UTI so we have meds we are starting her on tonight. She weights 10 lb & 7 oz.

Going to start my "mean mommy" treatment tonight and just let her cry until she figures out that I'm not going to rescue her if she's being a loud mouth. Hoping for no more than 3-4 days of this but prepared for more if need be. Wish me luck! A little prayer would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Good Luck
My story is about the same, we got him way earlier then we thought ...by 2 weeks! I felt terrible that I didn't double check his age when we picked him up. He is doing pretty good though considering. The only one he tends to pester is my 7 year old son...lol...but honestly he deserves some pestering sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!   Todays the day!!!!!!  I ADDED PICTURES! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays the day!!!!!! I ADDED PICTURES!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3