It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from New York!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sheronparris
Newborn
Newborn
sheronparris

Female Join date : 2013-03-02

Hello from New York! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi all, I'm Sheron from New York and this past Christmas I received a Husky from my boyfriend. Now at 6 months, Xavier is an immense joy and takes to training incredibly fast, but we (I and my boyfriend) do have a few problems with him, such as walking.
Up until now, I was a bit confused on how to do the 'pack walk,' and only recently implemented getting him to understand to stay by or behind me by telling him to sit and stay every time he passed me or got too excited for his own good and would start tugging on the leash, going at his own pace.

Anyway, this is just a hello as this is my first dog and first husky and I can't wait to see what others have to share about their Huskies!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.scparris.tumblr.com
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Welcome. Xavier is a cutie..

My youngest son is in grad school at stony brook university. He would like a husky when he finishes and get a job somewhere. Until then he comes home and plays with our two.
Back to top Go down
sheronparris
Newborn
Newborn
sheronparris

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Stony Brook isn't far from me. I go to Nassau Community College, myself.

And oh my gosh are those yours? Wow, they're gorgeous!

Yeah, sometimes I think I should have waited until I was done with school to get mine as it is time-consuming looking after a Husky Puppy but every time I look at him, I banish the thought. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Welcome! Xavier is gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Welcome! Xavier is quite a looker.
Back to top Go down
sheronparris
Newborn
Newborn
sheronparris

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Thank you Abby and Kelly! I hope to take better pictures of him as he grows and his coat comes in. I'm so excited for him to get bigger. Is that strange?
Wink
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Lol, no. I couldn't wait until mine got bigger. There's so much more you can do when they're older. Smile
Back to top Go down
sheronparris
Newborn
Newborn
sheronparris

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 am

Yes! I thought so! Mine is a jumper so I plan to have him exercise that need through hula hoops and my own obstacle courses in the backyard.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:43 am

Welcome! Xavier is super handsome Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 am

sheronparris wrote:
Thank you Abby and Kelly! I hope to take better pictures of him as he grows and his coat comes in. I'm so excited for him to get bigger. Is that strange?
Wink

Welcome! wave I had the same feeling when my pup was still small lol!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:29 am

sheronparris wrote:
Stony Brook isn't far from me. I go to Nassau Community College, myself.

And oh my gosh are those yours? Wow, they're gorgeous!

Yeah, sometimes I think I should have waited until I was done with school to get mine as it is time-consuming looking after a Husky Puppy but every time I look at him, I banish the thought. Smile

Yes those are our pups. We did not get them as puppies like you did. Thanks they are a couple of sweeties.

Your pup is a real cutie and you have alot of fun ahead of you..
Back to top Go down
sheronparris
Newborn
Newborn
sheronparris

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Don't I know it! Took him for an hour walk this morning before his breakfast then played catch with his frisbee and balls for about 30 minutes. He's much slower and panting everywhere. Smile

And thanks everyone for the compliments on his looks, there's many times I want to strangle him (never do of course), then he looks at me with those eyes and I'm like Razz
Back to top Go down
Russell_my
Newborn
Newborn
Russell_my

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 am

This is Maya from New York, Brooklyn 5 years

Last edited by Russell_my on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New York!   Hello from New York! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from New York!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1