It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Growth Spurt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

growth - Growth Spurt Empty
PostSubject: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Aronud what age did you guys notice the growth spurt for your puppy?
Back to top Go down
bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

Male Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm

We've actually been wondering the same thing... we feel a little overdue for one.
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 pm

I just anxious :p don't know why but i really wanna see him grow already haha. I guess seeing him everyday kind of blinds us to the fact that he is growing. Cain is only 12 weeks old so i guess i still have time to wait for the growth spurt, how old is Nanook?
Back to top Go down
bttlsgtmajor
Puppy
Puppy
bttlsgtmajor

Male Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Lol yea you have a bit of time. he's 19 weeks and about 30 lbs, but each puppy is an individual and different. My wife thinks we saw a spurt around 12 weeks. I'll have to take a pic of him now so you can see the difference. I have a link in my Sig that has some of the photos I've taken of him. might give you an idea?
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 pm

I think Nanook had a growth spurt last week.... 10 weeks old. He just seems so UN-puppyish this week Sad ..Well other then the darn bitting
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Yea I'll definitely chek them out Cain has obviously gained weight just from picking him up he feels heavier but for the height I should have recorded him when I first got him. You're right I guess haha every puppy is special and different.

Good luck with the biting I still deal with it, but it has improved immensely from the first day we got him
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am

Embry and Ares both hit their growth spurt at 6 months. Zoey hit hers at 4 months.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 am

Before you know it, he'll be a whole lot bigger, lol. I didn't really notice Lucian growing either. But in the 6 months that I have had him he's gone from a mere 7.5lbs to almost 50lbs. He doesn't look like a puppy anymore, and he's losing his soft puppy coat. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 am

Vegeta is only 13 weeks so he's still a little guy but I noticed a considerable size increase at about 9 weeks...went from 10 pounds to 15 pounds almost over night and grew about a inch and a half....craziness
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 am

All of these are great kind of gives me an estimate of when he'll have his growth spurt. I only notice his weight because I like weighing him but considering he's not a little ball of weight I guess he is growing otherwise he would have just gotten chubby instead of bigger haha
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:28 am

I find that when Yuki got chubby or stocky, soon after she would have a growth spurt. It was almost like she was preparing for it, then got taller and redistributed the weight out Razz
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:57 am

Now that I think about it that happened to Cain around 10 weeks he got stocky and almost over night he seemed normal again maybe he's had a bit of a growth spurt already!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Balon has had several growth spurts and just recently had one at about 13 months.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Selena definitely got some height between 12 weeks and 14 weeks, gained a good amount of weight too and still growing like a weed! I just posted some pictures in her Scrapbook if you want to take a look, I've been posting pictures since 9 weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Cool I was actually thinking about starting my own scrapbook I have some pics of every week since we got him
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Mine is almost 12 weeks old and still waiting for her to have her grow spurt. Sh did gain 6 pounds in 2 weeks but I just don't see it! O I can wait for her to grow up! Can't wait to see how she turns out.
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 pm

same here!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Once they are all grown up we will want them to be puppy's again... (expect the biting, i could live without that) lol
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Definitely, it's a real hassle, but he progressing nonetheless every time he bites I put him in a time out in the bathroom and wait 2-5 minutes then take him out. I figured I can't ignore him because he automatically finds something else to entertain him.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Right!!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am

I really didn't notice Karli's growth til I looked back at her puppy pictures and realized how small she was when we first got her. We can tell when she has a growth spurt because she grows into her ears. Then they get bigger again and she has to grow into them again. But she's going to be on the smaller side I think, my hubby keeps asking when her head is going to grow lol.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:25 pm

As far as the biting I had that nipped in the butt by 14 weeks. I have several kids in the house and didn't want to her play bite one of them too hard. I taught her "easy" since huskies tend to be rough and mouthy when they play and anytime she would get too rough I will put my hand up in front of her face say easy, praise and treat every time she listened. She automatically knows now she isn't allowed to put her teeth down on anything except her toys! Shes 18 weeks now and all I can notice is her height, she's gaining on my neighbors 70 pound lab and her tail is super fluffy now Smile
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:04 pm

I'll have to try te treat idea seems really helpful and yummy for Cain at the same time, his tail isn't fluffy yet but then again he is 12 weeks eventually he'll get it
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Okay, well I'm digging up an old thread, but I'm curious about Dizzy's current state of being. He's 9.5 months, and I'm thinking he may be starting his last structure spurt. On 12/1 at 9 months, he weighed in at 47 lbs. Since then I've noticed some maturity things happening, and in the last week or so he is sleeping a ton! Usually he would mess around and cause trouble for a while after our morning walk, but now he goes back in his crate and curls up. He does the same thing after his lunch time walk. He's active when I get home from work and around 8:30/9 we take our last walk. After our evening walk, usually about 45-60 min, he puts himself to bed! He's super mellow inside, but a typical wild man husky outside. So basically he sleeps all the time! Is this normal during this time, or worth a vet visit? Aside from being passed out all the time, he's his normal self.
Back to top Go down
hrangelotti
Teenager
Teenager
hrangelotti

Female Join date : 2013-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:49 am

I would love to know when a growth spurt happens. I feel like Samoa is not growing fast enough. She's seventeen weeks and is seventeen pounds. Since I got her she has been putting on about a pound per week. So every week she gets older she gains a pound. At eight weeks it was eight lbs. At ten weeks it was ten lbs and so on. I even looked up a puppy growth calculator and saw that it didn't seem accurate. I highly doubt my husky puppy is only going to be twenty six lbs as an adult. Has anybody else had small puppies before? How much did they weigh as adults now? She's healthy and happy but seems ridiculously small for her age. Her mom is fifty lbs and dad is like eighty or something. Just wondering :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growth Spurt   growth - Growth Spurt Empty

Back to top Go down

Growth Spurt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next