It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Houston Breeders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:26 pm

I couldn't stand it much more so I finally got the bf convinced we need another husky!! Anyone know of any really good breeders in Houston TX? I and wanting to show her so I want her within breed standards and have high blood lines. Please let me know, Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:15 pm

I only know of one reputable breeder in the Houston area. Sugar Land Siberians. She has a Facebook too. I think she has a litter that is currently available.

Remember, it is twice the fun to have two Huskies, but it's also twice the responsibility. If there are some things your Micole does that you do not want repeated, make sure you nip it in the bud before your new pup learns the same thing!

Also - you have the fun 'teenage' years coming up for your Husky. I would probably wait 3-4 months before I adopted another Husky, but that's me. Juneau is 1 yr and 1 month old and I've been fostering other Huskies since she was 9 months and I didn't have any issues.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I know the joy!!!!!! I told my boyfriend please give me her now! lol only because i dont wanna go threw the teen years be done with it and have to go threw with it all over again! That sounds like hell to me. But 2 huskies at once sounds like hell too ... so why not! Micole is getting soooo much better than what she was a month ago. Still has issues but nothing what she used to be like. She still needs more training by all means lol But thats where i am at with the new one right now.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:41 pm

amychuke wrote:
I know the joy!!!!!! I told my boyfriend please give me her now! lol only because i dont wanna go threw the teen years be done with it and have to go threw with it all over again! That sounds like hell to me. But 2 huskies at once sounds like hell too ... so why not! Micole is getting soooo much better than what she was a month ago. Still has issues but nothing what she used to be like. She still needs more training by all means lol But thats where i am at with the new one right now.

Yeah, just look around her page. I'm not sure what she charges per pup, but she seems like a really good breeder to me.

That makes sense (to go through two teenagers at once). I'm glad the training is successful with Micole. Smile Maybe you could try fostering for a while to see what it's like to have two Huskies? On the plus side, they'll always wear each other out and play with each other. lol
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:12 pm

I have a 6 year old Australian Shepherd as well and they play very well together, they both go at it with each other and talk about being worn out! lol So I am sure I will not have that many problems with her or him with a new pup in the house. Riley adjusted very well and Micole loves dog parks to play with huskies. So I am hoping not to have that big of an issue. ... HOPE!

I just looked at her page and I would have to agree with you, they seem to be very good breeders. I have already messaged her to see if she has any available or if she could reference another breeder to me. I really don't mind paying a high price on one since Micole was pretty much like a rescue and I didn't pay that much money for her. I just want to make sure I have a good blood line and she is show worthy.

Thank you again!! I really do appreciate it. If you so happen to run across another breeder please let me know. Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:34 pm

You're welcome! I'll keep an eye out. Smile

I hope the best for you!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:42 am

Sugar Land Siberians I believe charges $1500 for a co-own. She had offered me a male from Kira and Tristan's litter for me to show, but I decided to wait a bit longer until I get into showing.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:54 am

I would suggest people from this list:

http://www.shca.org/shcahp4f.htm
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:24 pm

What is a co-own? and thank you I will look into them as well. I just found out she is going to have 2 letters at the end of the summer and is accepting deposits now. She hasn't told me yet any prices.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:36 pm

You own the dog with her, usually that means the breeder has rights to who you breed the dog to, if they can breed the dog, ect.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Are there any benefits to a co-own?
Back to top Go down
Frebu
Newborn
Newborn
Frebu

Male Join date : 2013-03-18

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:09 pm

1500 for a dog........ that's like a third world ransom........
Back to top Go down
Wy Renegade
Puppy
Puppy
Wy Renegade

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:59 pm

amychuke wrote:
Are there any benefits to a co-own?

The implied benefit of co-ownership is that you get a mentor and the guidance and experience of your co-owner on issues of showing, breeding etc. The benefit for her is that you don't take the bloodlines she has worked so hard to achieve and mess them up by breeding to a dog you shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Yeah I went online and researched it and looked all into that. Very interesting and also very understandable!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:09 am

Make sure before you sign any co-own contract that you read it throughly. I have talked to a lot of show breeders and more the bigger kennels don't sell dogs on co-own contracts just because they get out of hand sometimes. I would try and friend your breeder first so they can help mentor and get you ready for showing a dog.
Back to top Go down
redraidersrule
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-04-18

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:18 am

I bought my two pups from Sugar Land Siberians. They were born in February. Just a tad over 3 months old. Like Amy said, I dont believe she plans on having another litter until the summer. And I hope you want black, because I believe the male and female she plans to breed are both black. PM me if you want more details.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:55 am

Yeah I was reading up on the co-own and I understand why breeders do it but I am going to try to go the route you are talking about. Friend a breeder and ask them to help me with all of this. I know they take a lot of time and hard work on there puppys to make sure they are the best but I am not sure if I can be happy with the fact that someone else also owns my dog. I have contact a few other breeders and 1 has somthing like there was a legal contract and she needs to add me on FB to see my lifestyle because she doesn't just hand her puppies to anyone. Completely understandable. I have added her and I am waiting to hear back again from her. This morning another one contact me she seems a little more open to hand out her puppys. I am waiting back to hear if she does the legal contracts or co-own as well.

Sugarland Siberians will be having 2 litter at the end of this summer. They are black and white and grey and white puppies. Like I said before I am not sure I am comfortable sharing my dog. I will take it into consideration to see what she wants to offer on it but i really do want her to be all mine.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Ok, I am excited to let you know I will be either getting my puppy in 4-5 more weeks or I'll be getting one in Sept! I am pretty excited I found a really good breeder. Thank you Jennet!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:02 am

Do you want to show? If you don't want to show you shouldn't need a co own. That Is only required to protect lines. Spay and neuter should be acceptable for a pet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:40 am

No I really do want to show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Houston Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Breeders   Houston Breeders Empty

Back to top Go down

Houston Breeders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1